Denied Riley 'Star' Kindler

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Panda-Monium, Nov 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panda-Monium

Panda-Monium String

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: Panda-Monium
    Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Zakhar72207/

Character Name: Riley' Star' Kindler
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: I honestly don't even know.

What Led To Your Character's Death?: Lies against my character whom just became a loyalist to the combine. The ones before her knew she was respectful and responsible.

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: I've had this character for almost two years now and she has done many "unacceptable" things beforehand but none of which were present whenever her PK occurred. She was always almost fully responsible and always honest with the Union. I dunno, I've done my best to keep her loyal as best I can and even when she isn't she doesn't lie nor can it be proven via cameras or interactions with other citizens that she lied or was lying.

Date Of Occurrence: 11/6/19

Evidence:
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Well, if I'm ever in a situation that I feel threatens my life again, the first thing I'll do is report it to you regardless of if my CR device is stolen."
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: If you are near Civil Protection you are safe. Only if you tell the truth though. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Regardless of if I feel like my life will be stolen as I have seen before."
    Player Kaustik left the game (Disconnect by user.)
    Kaustik has disconnected from the server.
    Player Kaustik has joined the game
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "No, don't. I respect you for giving me a ciggie but that's absolutely not true."
    Player Mr_Dude left the game (Disconnect by user.)
    Mr_Dude has disconnected from the server.
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "I had a friend, right?"
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: My whole life is law enforcement, and people make the same mistake over and over again, not putting enough faith in us. ::>"
    Kaustik has connected to the server.
    Romeo, My Bromeo has connected to the server.
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "He was the nicest man you coulda met. Woulda gotten outta this chair and lit your own damn cigarette. Nicest guy. He got pushed against the wall one day along with six other civis such as myself and himself."
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Four of those civis came into a room like this."
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Two got let go."
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Him and another guy whom he knew since."
    Lost_Cartress has connected to the server.
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Bloody."
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Primary school."
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Got pitted against each other."
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Miss Kindler. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Crimes, who dun it types of things."
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Let me tell you a secret. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Yes?"
    Mash has disconnected from the server.
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Please do, it isn't often."
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Simple as it is, life is unfair. Hard. To get through this you need to have faith. Not only in something, but yourself. Trust. Without that, you'll go down. ::>"
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] whispers on radio: "<:: Administering. ::>"
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Come with me please. ::>"
    *** Riley 'Star' Kindler disregards the unit, almost as if he had never spoken
    *** Riley 'Star' Kindler she stands up
    Cartoonjunkies has disconnected from the server.
    ] -duck
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "I ha-"
    [An ordinary Functionary donning stand...] says "<:: Shouldn't Rigor Mortis be settin' in now. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Can I grab the items that are mine, sir?"
    *** Erik Akerboom looks at his feet with a certain shame on his face.
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: No. ::>"
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Come. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Okay..."
    *** [A standard CiviPro unit standing befo...] stands behind the door like a statue... in parade rest. They state "Passcode?"
    [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] says "<:: How so? ::>"
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Get to the posters. ::>"
    Need help? Use /help to contact all online staff members, or /PM one directly.
    [An ordinary Functionary donning stand...] says "<:: You guys finally killin' her? ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Posters?"
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Shut up 2. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "U...wait."
    [An ordinary Functionary donning stand...] says "<:: Right. ::>"
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Get out of here! ::>"
    [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] says "<:: Wait, got a final idea. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Yes."
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Sure 2, shoot. ::>"
    [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] says "<:: This will blow everyone's mind. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "I'm leaving, never to be seen again, done."
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "If you see me again in restraints then, I'll accept my fate."
    [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] says "<:: Get over the wall with your friend. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "I just wish you would accept a victims answer as objective rather than letting the attacker free."
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "My-"
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Here, the posters. ::>"
    *** [A meek Civil Protection Unit standing...] extends a hand towards the woman, attempting to grab and drag her.
    [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] says on radio: "<:: Roger that. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "You..."
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Come, get over there please. ::>"
    *** Erik Akerboom looks at Riley with no expression.
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: The posters Miss Riley. ::>"
    *** [A meek Civil Protection Unit standing...] extends a hand towards the woman, attempting to grab and drag her.
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Yeah...I'm 'ere."
    [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] says "<:: Erik and Riley, over the posters. ::>"
    *** Riley 'Star' Kindler she places herself against the wall
    [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] says "<:: The *posters*. ::>"
    [OOC] Dante Alighieri: I've don't know how to interact with the enviroment.
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Would you two gimme a moment here? I just need a moment of silence. ::>"
    *** Riley 'Star' Kindler no restraint is given against her restraint
    [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] says "<:: Face each others. ::>"
    [A standard CiviPro unit standing befo...] says "<:: You want me to stay though, right four? ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Face each...okay."
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Sure - sure. ::>"
    You can join our forums at nebulous.cloud - which can also be accessed via the /forums command
    *** Riley 'Star' Kindler she glares at the man in front of her
    [LOOC] C17:40.QUICK-1: Dispoooooo
    *** Erik Akerboom looks at her with no expression.
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: It's a shame, that it is. ::>"
    *** [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] takes out the armband and the device from the table, lettingo ut a sigh.
    *** Riley 'Star' Kindler her eyes are full of intent as she stares at the man, barely holding herself back
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: I would advise you to forgive each other, a fitting end. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Unrestrain me and I promise I'll forgive him with no ill intention, sir."
    Simman102 has disconnected from the server.
    *** [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] reaches for his USP, dragging it out of his holster. Safety flicked off.
    Erik Akerboom says "I forgive you."
    *** [A meek Civil Protection Unit standing...] reaches for their USP-M, pulling it out.
    *** [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] takes out their USP-M form their holster, flicking the safety off.
    [LOOC] C17:40.DEFENDER-2: vve
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Okay, okay, fine. I don't need to be unrestrained."
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Erik, be so kind and state your full name and CID. ::>"
    *** Riley 'Star' Kindler she steps closer to the man
    *** [A meek Civil Protection Unit standing...] chambers in a round as they flick the safety off, and raise their weapon.
    [LOOC] C17:40.QUICK-1: lmao
    [LOOC] C17:30.HERO-1: kino
    [LOOC] C17:40.QUICK-1: Six people in PT-2
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "I fully forgive you for the crime in which you commited towards my life."
    *** [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] raises his weapon, aiming at Erik.
    [LOOC] C17:40.QUICK-1: 5*
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says ""Erik""
    *** [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] lifts their weaponry over the female ahead.
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Hold for my command please, 1. ::>"
    *** Erik Akerboom doesn't change his expression.
    *** Riley 'Star' Kindler she steps back to her original placement
    *** [A meek Civil Protection Unit standing...] trains their aim on the pair.
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Listen. ::>"
    Elpine has disconnected from the server.
    Erik Akerboom says "Erik Akerboom. 16587."
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Thanks Erik. ::>"
    [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] says "<:: Riley, your turn. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Of course..."
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "SIR."
    *** Erik Akerboom breathers in slowly and closes his eyes.
    *** Riley 'Star' Kindler she glares back at the man before the three individuals aiming their weapons at her
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Say your last words now. Both of you. I grant you that. ::>"
    *** [A standard CiviPro unit standing befo...] sniffs
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Riley Kindler, Zero-Four-Seven-Two-Six."
    Player Hans has joined the game
    [OOC] C17/I.DISP-AI.561: /datafile -2
    [OOC] Liza Petrenkova: nice
    [OOC] C17:30.HERO-1: ohgodohgodohgod
    Erik Akerboom says "There's only one truth. But that doesn't matter anymore."
    [OOC] C17:90.HERO-2: oi that's my number
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Wise words. ::>"
    Erik Akerboom says "I hope you find content in what you do."
    Player Kaustik left the game (Disconnect by user.)
    Kaustik has disconnected from the server.
    [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] says "<:: This is only part of the job, friend. ::>"
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "Truth doesn't matter when you commit a crime against your fellow citizen."
    Player Kaustik has joined the game
    Player Kafe left the game (Disconnect by user.)
    Kafe has disconnected from the server.
    Player Kafe has joined the game
    sir frost has disconnected from the server.
    Erik Akerboom says "I don't hate you Riley."
    [LOOC] C17:40.QUICK-1: Laylay
    *** [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] shakes his head, seemingly disapproving. He presses down the trigger, sending a bullet towards Erik's face.
    *** [A standard unit of the Civil Protecti...] pulls the trigger multiple times, the functionnary, alongside their cohorts will send a dendly burst of bullets towards him, blasting both of the Citizen with their bullets.
    Riley 'Star' Kindler says "I'm so glad."
    Kaustik has connected to the server.
    [LOOC] C17:70.VICE-4: last /me's please
    *** [A meek Civil Protection Unit standing...] presses down on their weapons trigger, spraying the pair with bullets.
    *** Erik Akerboom closes his eyes for a last time as the bullet enters his skull. Ending his life he thought he lived the best he could.
    [LOOC] Riley 'Star' Kindler: I'm going to PK appeal this because a late night PK against two characters is frankly bullshit whether the units are looking for a quick release or some actual dialog. I just figured I'd mention it lol.
    [LOOC] C17:90.HERO-2: You are free to appeal anytime
    [LOOC] C17/I.DISP-AI.561: i mean
    [LOOC] Erik Akerboom: i mean idc
    [LOOC] C17/I.DISP-AI.561: we literally did stretch out all of this to get a more accurate outcome
    *** Riley 'Star' Kindler she closes her eyes "Do it then." she says, her words resting against her actions as she stands still, accepting her fate
    [LOOC] C17:70.VICE-4: no ooc argument now
    [LOOC] C17:70.VICE-4: let's end it
    [LOOC] C17:90.HERO-2: at this point it took us 2h30, so appeal if you want and lets settle this on the forum
    If you wish to further support the community, you can purchase premium at nebulous.cloud/store.
    Player Ancap Lewis left the game (Disconnect by user.)
    Ancap Lewis has disconnected from the server.
    [LOOC] Riley 'Star' Kindler: No I get it lol, I am all for an "accurate outcome" but I've also had this charcter on Nebulous for 2 years and I'm not about to just let her die without a slight argument.
    Hans has connected to the server.
    [A seemingly very calm Civil Protectio...] says "<:: Cease. ::>"
    [LOOC] Sloth: wait here
    Player Husky has joined the game
    [LOOC] Riley 'Star' Kindler: Wait why? Lol.
    [LOOC] Erik Akerboom: name on the forum is @Zekrop btw
    [LOOC] Erik Akerboom: if you need it.
    [LOOC] Riley 'Star' Kindler: Meh, thank you I guess lol.
    Sloth banned the character Riley 'Star' Kindler.
    Player Zanovich left the game (Disconnect by user.)
    E-Succubus has disconnected from the server.
    Player E-Succubus has joined the game
    You can join our forums at nebulous.cloud - which can also be accessed via the /forums command
    E-Succubus has connected to the server.
    [LOOC] Rainne "Nina" Jacoby: You wot mate
    Need help? Use /help to contact all online staff members, or /PM one directly.
    Husky has connected to the server.
    [LOOC] Rainne "Nina" Jacoby: Sorry lol, I'm trying to appeal my last character's PK
    Player The Red Crusader left the game (Disconnect by user.)
    The Red Crusader has disconnected from the server.
    Player Death Adrift has joined the game
    Player cep6epo left the game (Disconnect by user.)
    cep6epo has disconnected from the server.
    Player $.KaZaM.$ has joined the game
    [5e] GothTrad has disconnected from the server.

Other Players Involved: Zekrop and a few others
    Any Other Details: I dunno but I feel like after RPing on the server for two years, I don't deserve a complete character PK after one incident/event.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Simman102

Simman102 the bad apple
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    • nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Cepeбpo

Cepeбpo Atom

Nebulae:
    I'll respond to this in the morning.

To be fair, you were initially going to be killed in the first thirty minutes of the investigation for 182, inaction but I purposefully dragged it out to provide a more fair and accurate outcome for all parties involved-- which made the entirety of the above occur over more than 2 hours and 30 minutes.

EDIT: 182, inactions are really difficult to investigate when there's a fear factor involved and I didn't want to be like 'yeah just kill them lol'.

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  4. Verräterpackaging

Verräterpackaging Happy dude from around the clinic! :D

Nebulae:
    I will respond accordingly in the process of this appeal, but I will state now already that the logs only started at your last confession, one of 4 confessions you took. It's honestly alot, and alot of effort was put in this investigation. But it's worth to mention that Riley was countiniously dishonest with us. These logs do not appear in this appeal, as they are from before. Please add them to give the PK appeal management a better image.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  5. GothTrad

GothTrad National Guard soldier and sapper
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Hello, so I'm gonna shoot a pretty shortened answer for now, cause the RP we brought to you (and not the least, over 2h30 of investigation and inquire) got me pretty much late for my bed considering I'm working in less than six hours.
    The reasons we brought you in where rather simple :

- You were reported for handing out a request device and an armband to two unidentified males.

The reasons we charged you with 182 and 183 were :

- You failed to report the crime and lied to the Civil Protection more than two times, during your arrest and while you were relocated to the Nexus.
    - You switched your story version at least two times, if not three.
    - The only story that matched was the one of Erik, that was sticking with your first statement.

So on that matter and after 2h30 of RP, we decided to put an end to it and prosecute you both over the original charges that were 182 considering you both failed to report a crime, either you were involved as a victim within the 415b or the mugger (there I suppose being Erik). You messed the whole investigation on yourself by lying to our faces multiple times and actually made Erik statement the good one even though it appears it is not. @ButtonLip there can also confirm you litteraly played the one surprised when we questionned you over to his char, where you legit said you were not robbed.
    At this point I am truly sorry if it appears rough, but we've made everything to settle this clean. Though the fact that you switched your version multiple times, plus the fact that you lied to us first which misleaded the investigation was fully on you on that matter.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Manio

Manio Mostly Sleepy
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    That's not how it works, chief. People lose their main characters they've spent months on developing, sometimes even by stupid mistakes. It is hard to acknowledge that once your main character got taken away, however no matter how much effort you put into it, if rules were not violated, PK is valid. The amount of time spent playing on a character doesn't matter. Also, more readable logs like a screenshot or simple text editing would be nice to see.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. GothTrad

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Impossible to bring more logs. It really took us 2h30 to investigate this case, this was not handled in a 30 minutes chatlog you can have unfortunately, nor a screenshot could provide this. Even a video would take so much time to process.

8. Manio

Manio Mostly Sleepy
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    I didn't realize that amount of time was put into it. Anyway, I wish good luck with the appeal as always, and strong will to the PK management having to read through the logs.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  9. Zekrop

Zekrop Zanovich is my spirit animal

Nebulae:
    Hi, I’m Erik.

So you offered me water for a cheaper price and then this old guy ‘Hippy’ came along and offered us LSD. And you wanted a deal with him so you could ‘sell’ the LSD. Then you set up a ‘deal’ with me and the other guy and went to get your ‘contact’ which I assume now were the CPs. The old guy didn’t buy it though and you asked him how he could trust you. And then you made the mistake by giving us your armband. You got caught and ended up in that situation, together with me. You took a big risk trying to get us arrested but got yourself caught in it too. I do not know about the other accusations, but that is basically my description of that certain event that happened. I personally wouldn’t mind if you got unPKd if you understand that you can’t take big risks if you aren’t prepared for the consequences. But then again, it isn’t up to me.

Good luck.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  10. Greaser

Greaser Proton
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I came into the situation from time to time so I don’t have the full story. Every chance I had I kept peeking at the situation when I was free and I could agree this was a long, drawn out process for all parties involved. The amount of work that was put into this 182 charge was very significant but I could also see why you might be upset that you lost your character for a ‘stupid’ reason after all the time you spent on them. I could tell you 100% that your PK was not just a random occurrence, it was carefully investigated for hours with constant radio chatter coming in with new details about the case and what to do with you. The 182 charge might have been rough OOC’ly but ICLY things can change all depending on the mood of the officers or people involved at the time. It’s just how things work out some times. Best of luck on your PK appeal.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  11. Panda-Monium

Panda-Monium String

Nebulae:
    Wow well, I certainly wasn't expecting all of the replies in which the post has received. I am fully aware that IC choices can lead to IC actions such as a PK. However, I also find it rather unfair that I was allowed to develop my character over the course of almost two years (Not an exaggeration) and then lose all of that progression in a matter of hours. While I will accept and move on if this PK appeal is denied, I would much prefer such a situation ending in my character receiving her final warning, or some sort of RP scenario in which she survives. This next part is completely IC related and I harbor no harsh feelings towards the man/woman who plays the character: I find it completely astonishing that a certain male character in such a high position as the USE can get away with being caught sexually assaulting multiple females -TWICE- and be let go with a mere slap on the wrist, maintaining his position within the USE and walking amongst the civilian populace as if the situation never happened while Riley (my character) gets into one scenario and (although the RP was long and drawn out and given the full ability to flesh out in any direction) is killed without hesitation. As I said, I will accept the judgement given by the higher powers, I just wanted to give my two cents on the situation before letting it rest after developing a character for such a long time.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  12. Sloth

Sloth Snookdoggys overly attractive step-father.
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Hello, I'm the person that ran the charban command also the handling staff member who witnessed the whole two hour and a half interrogation.

I began to watch the whole ordeal take place (From start to finish) and I didn't find any flaws on the Civil protection side while they were interrogating you, sure it was a bit messy but their judgement would have been the same as mine. They explained to you in-depth what was going on and what your character had done to result in them meeting their maker.

I can confirm that this took place. I am sorry that you've lost a character that you made a year ago.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. GothTrad

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    On that matter and now that I am back, I could also add that if it would have been a standard mugging or a standard roberry it would have been fine. But the fact that you lost a loyalist armband which is falling under 69 and failed to report it and asked us a new one like you never had one before really helped us to take a final decision. Remember, this was the first thing you said to us when we arrested you, beside the fact that you kept telling us you were not robbed at first. (and even in the Nexus, that was your first statement before you end up with a gun on your head).

I'm being honest, I'm more than sure that you would have been spared if you said it first, but the fact that you lied to us and got the situation pretty messed up convinced us to prosecute you both for the fact that you failed to report beforehand.
    As Erik said ICly, there was only one truth. Unfortunately as we could not know which side was right at the moment, we had to stick to standard facts and we knew for fact that you both were already charged with inaction, and that one of you was lying. Your character admitted she lied two times to us, that was enough to close the case.

14. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Sorry, this took a while was busy with trips, etc.

Looking at this appeal, in general, it doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary except that CP's did a good investigation on the matter, with the information provided above already by the others my verdict is clear and while it may suck you died fair and square and that's game for everyone.

So with that said appeal is Denied and Locked.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice