Rimworld: Story Edition

swagile

Atom
Nebulae

Rimworld is now in Beta, and is going strong at 1 million copies sold while remaining a very fun game; especially with some of the mods you can use.

I started up a Rimworld game again and went straight for the second hardest Randy Random difficulty with a slightly tweaked scenario where I spawn with 0 silver but a lot more components and steel so I can build on Sea Ice biome (one of THE HARDEST biomes as it gets to -70 with no mountains, no airable land, and barely any animals to hunt).

I managed to survive two seasons, thinking I picked the wrong difficulty... until I got shit on by Randy. What did he do, exactly?

A pack of killer polar bears. A male and female roaming the land to kill us. This wasn't really dangerous as I had double airlocks, six hydro vats, six solar panels, six batteries, and a nutrient paste dispenser right inside of the base, so I was safe... or so I thought.

Forcing my colonists into a tight space (I had three at this point) proved my undoing. Because Sandy, my female colonist, went into a insulting spree! She insulted Barn, my male colonist, x8 times. On top of ALREADY being grumpy from the cold, poor environment (I had to be frugal with resource so no decorations), and everyone being cramped into one area, he EXPLODED and went into a murderous rage!

The worst part? There was no place to hold him; I couldn't make him a prisoner as we had no places to cell him except the main area where EVERYTHING WAS; so I could only watch him murderize Sandy.

My last pawn, Hydes, tries to bury the body but ends up dying to a polar bear.

I thought I could go on with just Barn... and then a tornado spawned RIGHT on top of our base, forcing Barn to run away .... right into the polar bears gullet.

To add insult to injury, a raid appeared right before Barn died to a polar bear; so even if he SOMEHOW survived the polar bears, he'd die to a raid as his traits did not allow him to fight back (he hated violence).

I love this game.​

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
I remember locking up my prisoners and only feeding them their dead brethren VIA butchering them and leaving the rotting flesh in the cell with them only for my butcher too go insane while inside the prison cell and end up killing those prisoners too.

Highly suggest this game for the sheer insanity

Reactions: List

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
I remember locking up my prisoners and only feeding them their dead brethren VIA butchering them and leaving the rotting flesh in the cell with them only for my butcher too go insane while inside the prison cell and end up killing those prisoners too.

Highly suggest this game for the sheer insanity

nothing like calling for help from two friendly factions...

... only for both of them to start killing each other as they are both rivals then looting their fallen gear and selling it back to each faction

Reactions: List