rip santosRP lol

not sam

Proton
Nebulae
I reckon they'll oppose the DMCA, I mean IMO they're not breaking DMCA rules, I feel it falls under fair use, I mean the only thing they have is the fact that the logos look relatively similar.
Besides Rockstar's trademark on GrandTheft Auto, not the term Los Santos.
Meh they probs won't fight it because money, but good look to SantosRP since legal fees are fucking expensive.

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
I reckon they'll oppose the DMCA, I mean IMO they're not breaking DMCA rules, I feel it falls under fair use, I mean the only thing they have is the fact that the logos look relatively similar.
Besides Rockstar's trademark on GrandTheft Auto, not the term Los Santos.
Meh they probs won't fight it because money, but good look to SantosRP since legal fees are fucking expensive.
hm, fair use works if shit's not monetised

santosrp has a shit ton of monetisation, so ye

Koch

Time to dance
Nebulae
This isn't a DMCA, they're trying to stop SantosRP from registering "Santos" as a trademark(?)

It literally says in the file its an opposition

Reactions: List

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
This isn't a DMCA, they're trying to stop SantosRP from registering "Santos" as a trademark(?)

It literally says in the file its an opposition
alright, i didn't read through it i just got linked it

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
santosrp?
didn't they go around ddosing other communitys and threatening people because people were running santosrp script?
pretty much the same as a guy named killslick years ago claiming he owns perp and went on a ddos and dmca abuse crusade and before that he took all the donations from his own perp servers and ran away with it
but this game has always had a ddos/abuse of dmca epidmedic and community drama

plus the idiots at santosrp $1500 a month developement cost on there forum was a fucking joke and so was the whitelisting system

they clearly didn't just do it for the roleplay and fun they decided to milk there "custom" gamemode(which looks like a gamemode someone made that i played in 2010 which had a tiny community)
but at the same time this isn't different either, charging £4.99 a month for free shit from the workshop same as what "monolith servers" do aswell

Last edited: