S&Box (Garry‘s Mod 2)

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Capture.png

I‘m surprised that nobody has made a thread about this yet; basically, S&Box is gonna be Garry‘s Mod but on the Unreal Engine. It‘ll also include multiple tools for modding so it‘s way easier than now. I‘m pumped, not gonna lie. Also, instead of having to use Lua to code, S&Box will use C# instead. Another good thing is, that the Model/Map Editor of S&Box will Support Hammer files and Blender files, so we‘ll be able to still have all of our old maps and most of our old models.

93d6fd724f09.png

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Had a long ass talk with Alex about this game.
And well.... I'm not interested in this game at all.

Main reason, ditching UE4's base tools and making your own proprietary tools is quite possibly the most infuriating thing I have ever witnessed.
I was initially interested in the idea, making hl2rp maps would be so much faster in a UE4 version of Gmod, if it had UE4's tools. because you can do blueprints, matinee animations and a hell of a lot more to get results so much faster than source. - but making your own required tools instead and denying access to the utilities of UE4 essentially has made me resentful.

People forget that while source may be ass nowdays, those are out of the box tools used by the professionals to make the games we're roleplaying in.
S&Box is not providing that. it's gimping the potential of it's new engine to try and simulate hammer development, which is just so god damn stupid.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
People forget that while source may be ass nowdays, those are out of the box tools used by the professionals to make the games we're roleplaying in.
S&Box is not providing that. it's gimping the potential of it's new engine to try and simulate hammer development, which is just so god damn stupid.
"Let's recreate our famous break-away hit on UE4!"
"Yay!"

"Let's also recreate the glaring problems that plagued the Source engine!"
"...Yay?"