Sad, sad, sad, sad anime

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
Working my way through the last couple ghibli movies I haven't seen, and was just gut punched by grave of the fireflies. Can anyone recommend some more anime movies that are sad as fuck? I feel like staying in this territory for a while.

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Did you watch The Wind Rises yet?
It gets pretty sad as the story goes along.

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
Koe No Katachi
Kimi No Na Wa

That's 2 that I have watched. I don't really watch movies I watch the shows more but I'll give you these because they are sort of my personal favorites

Vice

Proton
Nebulae
I like Schindlers list, it's sad that the good guys don't get appreciation from their workers. They provide free transportation, nice ass housing, and some gucci stripped goose feather garments. Its so depressing

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
As someone mentioned above, Kimi no Na Wa

A short anime but sad af is Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April). To be honest, pretty good, but sad as fuck.

Anohana is a good and sad anime as well, check it out.

ButtonLip

Nebulae
As someone mentioned above, Kimi no Na Wa

A short anime but sad af is Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April). To be honest, pretty good, but sad as fuck.

Anohana is a good and sad anime as well, check it out.

Enjoyed Your Lie in April a lot, though it felt a little weird plot-wise that pretty much any character playing an instrument on that show was prompted to do so directly or indirectly by the main character. Like, I wish their motivations had been a little more varied. Otherwise, really good, and often took a non-cliche path.

I might check out Anohana in the future, but for now I'm just collecting movies.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Enjoyed Your Lie in April a lot, though it felt a little weird plot-wise that pretty much any character playing an instrument on that show was prompted to do so directly or indirectly by the main character. Like, I wish their motivations had been a little more varied. Otherwise, really good, and often took a non-cliche path.

I might check out Anohana in the future, but for now I'm just collecting movies.

They were quite motivated before, each one had their reasons, but the series emphasize on how Arima with his impressive plays (and obviously, the music) is able to push those peeps into playing the instrument. I honestly liked it a lot, my favourite rn.

ButtonLip

Nebulae
They were quite motivated before, each one had their reasons, but the series emphasize on how Arima with his impressive plays (and obviously, the music) is able to push those peeps into playing the instrument. I honestly liked it a lot, my favourite rn.
I enjoyed it a lot, but was still let down by the end reveal. Nonetheless good, and keeps its place as one of my favorites, and one of my absolute favorites when it comes to sad anime