Fixed Sandy Shores fails to correctly load textures

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Description: It has been observed by multiple people - myself included - that the Sandy Shores area of the map fails to correctly load its textures, instead staying its scene texture form with blurred buildings, blurred terrain. As someone that has examined most of the map so far I can confirm the only location this is occurring is Sandy Shores. As the high-populated city isn't having this occur and most of the people reported to have found the issue occurring still have plenty of video memory remaining (such as myself), it's strange that this is occurring and thereby has to be a bug.

What should occur: Textures should load as intended.

Prerequisites: n/a

Repro steps:
1. Load character.
2. Navigate to the Sandy Shores area of the map.
3. Observe the terrain and buildings.

Supporting Evidence:
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Reactions: List

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This isn't a bug with nebulous, it's just textures fucking up and failing to load clientside.

It usually sorts itself out with time or a game restart, but it's really nothing neb devs can do about it. It's even an issue on NoPixel.

This happens the most to people who are still building texture caches (and this is horrific whenever you wind up having to clear your cache) when they're first getting into using FiveM.

I had some sporadic textures failing to load on day 1 and it wasn't an issue for me on day 2.

Last edited:

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
its a gta v issue(i've had this on singleplayer before)

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This isn't a bug with nebulous, it's just textures fucking up and failing to load clientside.

It usually sorts itself out with time or a game restart, but it's really nothing neb devs can do about it. It's even an issue on NoPixel.

This happens the most to people who are still building texture caches (and this is horrific whenever you wind up having to clear your cache) when they're first getting into using FiveM.

I had some sporadic textures failing to load on day 1 and it wasn't an issue for me on day 2.
I can confirm the issue does not occur in singleplayer and it's very strange that this bug would be limited to a single area of the map and a less populated one at that.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I can confirm the issue does not occur in singleplayer and it's very strange that this bug would be limited to a single area of the map and a less populated one at that.

This shit is weird. But it's an issue every GTA RPer I've played with has had across multiple servers and one I've observed even with some of the bigger GTA streamers that have beefier machines than I. When I first started getting into it, massive chunks of server textures wouldn't load, then as I played more (and sometimes this actually took several sessions for some parts of the map), they'd finally show up and load proper in subsequent sessions. Sometimes I'd just have to hang out and drive around in that general area and just suffer for a bit until it finally caught up.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It used to happen to me on singleplayer too around when the game came out on console and a few years ago when I played on other GTA servers on PC.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
It used to happen to me on singleplayer too around when the game came out on console and a few years ago when I played on other GTA servers on PC.

Yeah, the more people go into those areas they'll find this issue just sorts itself out. Texture caching, especially in MP environments, in large environments (and especially less traveled zones), is just wacky at times.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It happens to me without fail despite being on a beasty machine. It's always the same exact locations in Sandy Shores that fail to load for me

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
We've identified the cause of the texture issues in Sandy Shores but will need some time to fix it as removing the cause will have a side effect of holes in the map.