Suggestion Search without zipties

boots

spooky skellys
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Suggestion: Let players search others without needing the ziptie script.
Why it would be worth adding: Smoother gameplay. We don't need to have people requesting to be spawned in zipties for a function that one should be able to do without them. Have zipties bind people's wrist and restrict their movement/access to sweps/search but also allow search to be done with the player's consent without requiring the actual script, since in real life you can just pat people down and go through their stuff without needing to tie their wrists together.
Necessary content:
Code

Deleted member 38

john rebelrp
Nebulae
just make it something that the other player has to accept

comes up with a prompt saying 'search request: y/n' or something to that extent, just so people arent randomly searched without realising and have to actually oocly accept the search attempt

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Yeah otherwise someone WILL be searched while AFK without rp.

(Zipties can do that too, but typically only cops have access to those in which, they're restraining you anyways)

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
There comes an issue of whether it can be spammed, such as repeatedly trying to search someone to obscure their vision (in case the prompt is at the center of the screen) or obfuscates their controls (in case the prompt requires you to press a button used by another gameplay mechanic, e.g. mouse clicking or smth on keyboard). Doesn't even have to be spam, could just be a singular "whoops finger slipped ;^)" to try and screw someone over a split-second action, like jumping a chasm or s2k peek.

It all depends on how the prompt appears to the target and whether it impedes them, really.
Edit: Slip of the tongue, meant to say "trying to search" instead of "trying to tie."

Last edited:

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
There comes an issue of whether it can be spammed, such as repeatedly trying to tie someone to obscure their vision (in case the prompt is at the center of the screen) or obfuscates their controls (in case the prompt requires you to press a button used by another gameplay mechanic, e.g. mouse clicking or smth on keyboard). Doesn't even have to be spam, could just be a singular "whoops finger slipped ;^)" to try and screw someone over a split-second action, like jumping a chasm or s2k peek.

It all depends on how the prompt appears to the target and whether it impedes them, really.

Don't you think that would be a non issue considering something so blatant would just be a bannable offence?

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Don't you think that would be a non issue considering something so blatant would just be a bannable offence?
The spamming? Absolutely. But if it's very easy to initiate search without tying, it can lead to the aforementioned "whoops finger slipped" moments. How does one distinguish genuine accidents from malicious ones? It depends entirely on how the mechanic is engaged.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
The spamming? Absolutely. But if it's very easy to initiate search without tying, it can lead to the aforementioned "whoops finger slipped" moments. How does one distinguish genuine accidents from malicious ones? It depends entirely on how the mechanic is engaged.

I mean even if we went for the basics (press E on char when up close and then select "attempt search") it'd be very hard to have that big of a slip, wouldn't it? Like very insane goofy ahh finger slipping moment, water-drop-falls-on-your-phone-and-talks-to-your-ex type stuff

Idk maybe I'm too methodical

boots

spooky skellys
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
ahh finger slipping moment, water-drop-falls-on-your-phone-and-talks-to-your-ex type stuff

eyes-emoji-clipart-xl.png

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I mean even if we went for the basics (press E on char when up close and then select "attempt search") it'd be very hard to have that big of a slip, wouldn't it? Like very insane goofy ahh finger slipping moment, water-drop-falls-on-your-phone-and-talks-to-your-ex type stuff

Idk maybe I'm too methodical
As someone who accidentally deleted a character in main menu due to a lagspike ages ago, yeah, clumsiness can come in all shapes and sizes.
But I'm not talking about the searcher. They can have whatever prompt they want. It's what prompt the searchee sees where issues arise.
If it's something like this, it's gonna cause problems in the heat of the moment.

image.png

But if it's something like this (I'm not nearly smart enough about UI or UX to provide a perfet example), it might be less obfuscating.
image.png

Deleted member 38

john rebelrp
Nebulae
As someone who accidentally deleted a character in main menu due to a lagspike ages ago, yeah, clumsiness can come in all shapes and sizes.
But I'm not talking about the searcher. They can have whatever prompt they want. It's what prompt the searchee sees where issues arise.
If it's something like this, it's gonna cause problems in the heat of the moment.

image.png

But if it's something like this (I'm not nearly smart enough about UI or UX to provide a perfet example), it might be less obfuscating.
image.png
could just also be a chat prompt of some kind, pops up saying somebody's trying to search you and you just type a command to accept it

doesnt inhibit anything that way

Nebulae
maybe we can make it like dayz?
some command to raise ur hands up, then u can loot the person

a bit more immersive than receiving a message of someone wanting to stick their hands into your pockets

hands up, automatically give the idea the man is being searched, maybe could even cause some RP stuff to occur from afar, if someone is getting the muggies
"press f3 man, i rob u"

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
maybe we can make it like dayz?
some command to raise ur hands up, then u can loot the person

a bit more immersive than receiving a message of someone wanting to stick their hands into your pockets

hands up, automatically give the idea the man is being searched, maybe could even cause some RP stuff to occur from afar, if someone is getting the muggies
"press f3 man, i rob u"

1500hrs+ in Arma and I didn't consider this lmfao