Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Aleks

Vaporwaves Skeletons
Nebulae
Less than 24 hours left till this game comes out! Will you be buying it and do you plan on finishing it? Also keyboard or controller? I watched a short gameplay clip of it and the movement seems very nice with the grappling hook.
85e4981e60.png

Aleks

Vaporwaves Skeletons
Nebulae
Also since its in the same vein of this, shotout Hob for completing a soulsbourne no hit run, absolutely insane.

Reactions: List

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
I can’t play it till next week tho steamsad brother
Less than 24 hours left till this game comes out! Will you be buying it and do you plan on finishing it? Also keyboard or controller? I watched a short gameplay clip of it and the movement seems very nice with the grappling hook.
85e4981e60.png
Hell ye I’m buying the shit outta this

Yous gotta play with controller if you’re playing a soulslike, it’s just the way of the road ya know

No multiplayer kinda sucks but I guess they’ve done a lot of new gameplay ideas and changed some core mechanics so they don’t want to bother with balancing stuff while they’re experimenting which is understandable
[doublepost=1553200551][/doublepost]
Also since its in the same vein of this, shotout Hob for completing a soulsbourne no hit run, absolutely insane.

Hob is fuckin nuts

Aleks

Vaporwaves Skeletons
Nebulae
Unlocked in Europe apparently. NA not so much.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
playing right now........ having trouble with the very first miniboss in the tutorial........

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
pirated it to try because never played a souls game before and didn't know if i'd like it
it's pretty fun so far, even though I still have no idea how deflects work and im using kb+mouse

will defo buy when I have the money

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
gamer confession
i didn’t known i could use my xp to get skills until id already beaten the horse demon boss and lady butterfly

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
the games difficult as hell

like i adapt easily but jesus christ i cant get past that one guy in the tower and i am still struggling at lady butterfly

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
For the people who played sekiro where does it rank in your soulsborne rankings?

Right now for me:
#1 Sekiro
#2 Bloodborne
#3 Dark souls 3
#4 Darksouls 1 / Remastered
#5 Dark souls 2

Never played Demon souls though so I can't rank that. Do note that even that I put Dark Souls 2 as last I still enjoy this game to bits. However with sekiro the combat felt so fresh and so difficult and fun just like bloodborne all though I think it's more fun to get a counter off on a enemy because you read his attack then just keep on slashing dashing while injecting yourself with blood dials.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
Sekiro definitely topping the charts for me.

The story was presented in a more straightforward way, rather than trying to interpret the 2-line descriptions for items that you may or may not find which was usually too much of a pain in the ass to interpret even if you did bother reading the the crumbs of lore. They focused on quick and fluid combat - even more so than Bloodborne. I think this emphasis on faster-paced combat made the game a bit too hard for the casual gamer but I've enjoyed the hell out of it. Stealth gameplay is a very welcome addition and makes me wonder why it wasn't a thing sooner.

All in all, 10/10 best game

Also you can skip lady butterfly pretty much because I completely missed the key to get into the room until I got to the end of the game lol

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
I gave up at the ape weeks ago
The ape is pretty easy but painstakingly long. I finished the story and when I got to the ape the first phase I evade mostly and the second I mostly parry.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
i dont parry, i spam the button
yeah parry dancing is incredibly useful, just time attacks and dontd get too greedy about how many times you hit him when a window opens.