Serious rp is hard.

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
For people like me who are busy 12 hours a day with school and exercise, serious rp has to be the hardest thing for me. I still have burnout from it. How the hell do you guys even do it!? I cant imagine spending 6+ hours for one session on my PC (which is very unhealthy btw).

Update: yeah, no need to reply to this thread anymore. Thanks for the responses you gave guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
is this a flex at the fact you have a busy schedule and we are all roleplay nerds?
also sorry doctor depthjacks but it doesn’t take a genius to know that 6+ hours on a pc is unhealthy.

some people have the endurance to play so long, some people get in very interesting scenarios and become hooked for that session.
if you like rp and have fun playing it, you will play longer. if you don’t like it and are bored, you don’t play long at all. that’s all there is too it

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
is this a flex at the fact you have a busy schedule and we are all roleplay nerds?
also sorry doctor depthjacks but it doesn’t take a genius to know that 6+ hours on a pc is unhealthy.

some people have the endurance to play so long, some people get in very interesting scenarios and become hooked for that session.
if you like rp and have fun playing it, you will play longer. if you don’t like it and are bored, you don’t play long at all. that’s all there is too it
First off no, I'm not flexing. That schedule is a big problem for me. And no, I'm not calling you nerds, why would I?

Second, I have 2 friends who waste up to 8 hours a day on their monitors, plus some more who do it. And they are very good at serious rp.

And third, I used to love serious rp. I wanna get back into it, but it seems that i cant. It's just too exhausting for me. That's why i made this thread, to know how you guys do it. But I guess that due to my shitty grammar I didnt explain well the thread in the first place. And I guess that I just cant enjoy serious rp it anymore.

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae
For people like me who are busy 12 hours a day with school and exercise, serious rp has to be the hardest thing for me. I still have burnout from it. How the hell do you guys even do it!? I cant imagine spending 6+ hours for one session on my PC (which is very unhealthy btw).
you dont have to play games
you dont have to rp
i dont see the point of this thread, there's nothing to tell you if you dont have time or the energy you don't have to do it or you can make time and play

you are not the busiest person in the world and in this game, get over it

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
I just hop on here and there.. Do some admin work, get on a char for a bit and afk doing irl stuff.
most people in this community are in college or uni so most have a degree of free time.

sots

community bear
Nebulae
Just play for like 30 minutes, and if something interesting happens or you meet someone cool then great, play for a bit longer and enjoy yourself

If not, no harm done come back later

Chib people in mordhau or something idk

nine

Neutrino
Nebulae
took me about 2 years to get over my burnout. don’t force it, try a little and see what happens, or don’t. sometimes the best way to get over burnout is just to stay away for a while. the urge and passion will return in time, however long that may be

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
its simple
i dont

if there was rp that i enjoyed id go on for that rp and that rp only no matter how long or short itd be

ive had roleplay/events as short as 30 minutes and as long as unironically 6 hours at a time that i enjoyed
[doublepost=1560434337][/doublepost]moral of the story: dont focus on time, focus on enjoyment

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
its simple
i dont

if there was rp that i enjoyed id go on for that rp and that rp only no matter how long or short itd be

ive had roleplay/events as short as 30 minutes and as long as unironically 6 hours at a time that i enjoyed
[doublepost=1560434337][/doublepost]moral of the story: dont focus on time, focus on enjoyment

yeah

my hours on nebulous hl2rp is near 0 because i dont enjoy hl2rp at all

i just like the forum community