'Server not responding' - Unable to connect to HL2RP

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
Hi.

Every since the change the mapchange I have been unable to connect to the server from my apartment in Germany on my laptop. (Works at home though.) When I try to connect via steam friends I get this:

b94cbde9417b0cd0a65b99173ddcd8d9.png

Whenever I try and connect via console by placing in the IP I am stuck loading perpetually. And the server doesn't even show up in my in game browser.

I have one question:

pls help

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
its the backdoor I put in the content pack

When you connect via console, what part does it get stuck on - the workshop complete part or?

Khaatamul Nasheed

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I think I had the same problem on WW3 when I joined. I had to change my download region so the map would download.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Gets stuck on retrieving server info I believe. I'll try it again once I get the time.

Inb4 @Roosebud has had me shadowbanned or something.
I'll see if I can find a solution for it in the meantime - sure someone else had this problem a while back.

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae
I'll see if I can find a solution for it in the meantime - sure someone else had this problem a while back.

Yeah, thanks. Initially thought it to be something wrong on my end but I've reset my router and shit like that and its persisted.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Yeah, thanks. Initially thought it to be something wrong on my end but I've reset my router and shit like that and its persisted.
Actually -it may be because of the amount of addons you have + being on a laptop

After checking previous threads, that's a similar issue I saw with it.

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae
Actually -it may be because of the amount of addons you have + being on a laptop

After checking previous threads, that's a similar issue I saw with it.

Strangely enough when it does work at home it takes a bit longer to gather the server info. So what I think is that due to the slower connection in my apartment here it is struggling to gather the addons needed for the server.

Will try disabling some and I'll get back to you.

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae
Unsubscribed from some unnecessary content - still not allowing me to connect.

When connecting via IP I get stuck on 'Connecting to Server'. Again this is only happening with HL2RP.

Last edited:

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae
Aight, I did some troubleshooting and got this back.

6434ae6221a03228c9d2e3b690eee132.png

So it seems to be that the server just isn't responding to attempts to connect via my connection. I looked the detailed explaination and it said that windows couldn't detect any firewall on the end of my computer denying connection to the server. IDK what to do now.

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Maybe it's because you can't detect an servers based in the UK. Can you see any other server based in the UK?

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae
Maybe it's because you can't detect an servers based in the UK. Can you see any other server based in the UK?

I can connect to WW3RP just fine which is on the same IP and presumably the same location (alex's attic / basement), the only difference being the ports - WW3RP being 27025 and HL2RP being 27015. I think the problem is to do with connecting to the ports. Although I think at this point it may be a problem not on my side but the other.

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I can connect to WW3RP just fine which is on the same IP and presumably the same location (alex's attic / basement), the only difference being the ports - WW3RP being 27025 and HL2RP being 27015. I think the problem is to do with connecting to the ports. Although I think at this point it may be a problem not on my side but the other.
Yeah go into your router settings and try to free the port (27015). You may have it blocked/disabled(?)

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae
Yeah go into your router settings and try to free the port (27015). You may have it blocked/disabled(?)

Already troubleshooted the problem, windows came back saying this:

'The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 27015, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer.'

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Already troubleshooted the problem, windows came back saying this:

'The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 27015, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer.'
Yeah, it may be blocked in your router. Go and check.

I think you just paste your IP address into a new tab and a login should come up or something.

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae
Yeah, it may be blocked in your router. Go and check.

I think you just paste your IP address into a new tab and a login should come up or something.

Yeah, I'm having problems even reaching my IP config via a browser, the connection isn't even retrieving that. I may go out and grab a new router if this persists.

Reactions: List

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae
Tried it again without the router, straight from the ethernet cable. Still no luck. Gonna keep trying solutions.

I'm gonna grab another ethernet cable and connect my router to the PC, see if I can access the config like that. Then see if the port is actually blocked.

The thing that confuses me is that this all came about after the mapchange, I've been on HL2RP at this same IP using the same router as before. Then after the mapchange this happened.

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae
My conclusion is that the internet provided by the student dorms have blocked that port. Although it doesn't explain how the server used to work before the map change. Maybe its the map that is doing it? I dunno. For now anyway, no HL2RP for me.

crying-man.gif

Reactions: List