show us your food GOD DAMNIT

doomerbloomer

Neutrino
B A N N E D
Nebulae
meat-wise? can't go wrong with an old fashioned cheap steak

try to find a cut with a lot of marbling (marbling =/= the fat on the edges; marbling is the little flecks of fat INSIDE the meat), preferably a sirloin/ribeye or just generally a cut that doesn't have connective tissue in the middle of it because connective tissue is not edible in any way shape or form. also try to make sure the cut is fairly thick.

get yourself a cheap meat thermometer while you're at it and do your best to try and cook the meat how you like it. if you've never tried meat medium rare i highly recommend that. at first you'll probably do it on a pan, so don't be aggravated if you fuck it up the first time or there's a 'ring' of overcooked meat around the pink center, that's perfectly normal when you're just pan-frying; later on you can get into stuff like reverse searing, smoking, sous vide, etc.

when you cook it and the temperature is almost where you want it (remember the meat will rise in temperature by 3-6 degrees celcius AFTER it comes off the pan, if you rest it - which you should, for at least 5-10 minutes) throw in some unsalted butter, a few garlic gloves and a sprig of rosemary or thyme, then when the butter melts you can start basting it with a spoon (tilt the pan a little so the butter collects on one side and then spoon the butter onto the meat repeatedly. take it off the pan once it's at the temp u desire, let it rest for at least 5-10 minutes so the juices settle and wont run out when you cut, serve.

other easy meat dishes are stuff like chicken breast, chicken thighs, pork chops, skin-on fish (make SURE you use a non-stick pan for fish), etc.

non-meat dishes? could try potato wedges.
  • get 3 large potatoes
  • cut potatoes in half
  • cut potato halves into 3 wedges each
  • dump back into water, wash thoroughly
  • tip out water and wash again until the water stops going murky (this gets rid of the starch which helps them crisp up)
  • dump potato wedges in bowl
  • drizzle in a little bit of olive oil; enough that they all get some on em
  • season well with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder and mixed herbs of your choice
  • mix wedges by hand until they're all coated
  • place non-skin-side down on oiled baking tray
  • bake in 220c (430f) oven for 15 minutes
  • flip to other non-skin-side
  • bake for 15 minutes
  • flip to skin side
  • bake for 15 minutes (or until the colour is to your liking)
  • serve with sauce of some kind
now what i REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY recommend is watching the SHIT out of these channels;

Babish Culinary Universe

Sous Vide Everything (extension of Guga Foods)
Guga Foods
Adam Ragusea
The Bearded Butchers
J. Kenji Lopez-Alt
HowToBBQRight
Cowboy Kent Rollins
Food Wishes
BBQ Pit Boys
Best Ever Food Review Show (more educational of other cultures' foods; no real recipes. Good to know though.)
allthingsbbq

all very very very good channels, i learned 99.99% of everything i know from that selection of channels over the last year or two

if i have any strict advice, though;
  • be patient
  • be ready to fuck up a lot (a year or so of cooking and i fuck up at least once per dish still)
  • try things you've never tried before
  • don't let the complexity of a dish scare you off
  • LISTEN to what those people say; they've been cooking since you were born, they know best - change recipes when you're ready to
  • don't be afraid to sink money into it if you're enjoying it
  • don't rely on other people's compliments; if YOU like the food, that's all that matters
  • cook for yourself first, others later
  • DON'T restrict yourself to your own food culture; 95% of what i cook/the methods i use aren't something australians do, ever
  • don't listen to @nexus when he tries to make you cook goulash
happy cooking my friend; it's a welcoming world with nothing but rewards for those who embrace it and i love it passionately

also friend me if u want to talk about stuff or need more tips
thank you chef, I will try my best once my problems steer clear

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 243

20210214-140558.jpg

Kapsalon

Basically fries at the bottom, shoarma on top, garden salad + goat cheese topped off with mozarella

Garlic sauce and sambal on top

Quick to make and very filling

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
20210214-140558.jpg

Kapsalon

Basically fries at the bottom, shoarma on top, garden salad + goat cheese topped off with mozarella

Looks fucking delicious you got a good recipe by any chance

D

Deleted member 243

Looks fucking delicious you got a good recipe by any chance
for sure my guy
20210214-140558.jpg

Kapsalon

Recipe:
  • 300 grams of Shoarma (marinaded pork strips)
  • 150-200 grams of fries
  • Some lettuce
  • A few tomatoes
  • Slices cucumber
  • A few blocks of goat cheese
  • Rasped cheese
  • Sliced onion
  1. Prepare the vegetables and goat cheese and leave them on the side.
  2. Grill the shoarma. No need to add any oil since the pork is fatty enough.
  3. Fry the fries in an air fryer or in a frying pan.
  4. Pour the fries into a square bowl and add your desired amount of salt.
  5. Pour the grilled pork over the fries.
  6. Place your vegetables and goat cheese over the shoarma.
  7. Add rasped cheese on top of the vegetables. Make sure to not overdo it.
  8. Place the meal inside an oven for around 5 to 10 minutes on medium heat. Seeing the cheese melt should be enough of an indication to take it out.
Of course, a sauce to accompany it would be great. You can use store-bought garlic sauce. I decided to make it at home to keep it authentic. The recipe for that is as follows:
  • 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
  • 1-2 tablespoons of water.
  • Some oregano. (optional)
  • Garlic powder.
  1. Put the mayonnaise in a bowl.
  2. Add the appropriate amount of water to the mayonnaise.
  3. Stir it until it turns creamy. If it is too watery, add more mayonnaise. If it is too clumpy, add more water.
  4. Add oregano and garlic powder to the mayonnaise and stir until it is done.
That's basically how you make it. You can deviate from this and experiment with your own ingredients, but this is pretty much the baseline.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Not really food but i made some coffee today

image0.jpg

D

Deleted member 1381

if this thread has proven anything, it's that @Subeh is the physical embodiment of australia

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
forget everything you know about burgers

just

forget it

now imagine

an australian has an almighty hunger

he has bacon

he has steak

he has mince (ground beef)

he has cheese

he has buns.

BEHOLD;

THE MOTHER OF ALL BURGERS

20210224_115924.jpg

bonus:
20210222_115921.jpg

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

just

forget it

now imagine

he has bacon

he has steak

he has cheese

he has buns.

BEHOLD;

20210224_115924.jpg

bonus:
20210222_115921.jpg
i want it

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

just

forget it

now imagine

he has bacon

he has steak

he has cheese

he has buns.

BEHOLD;

20210224_115924.jpg

bonus:
20210222_115921.jpg
how does chewing that thing feel though? i know when a patty's too thick on its own it can be unpleasant, but you got a whole restaurant on there

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
how does chewing that thing feel though? i know when a patty's too thick on its own it can be unpleasant, but you got a whole restaurant on there
honestly? aside from having to wrap my mouth around the motherfucker, the texture was good

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae

subeh's back at it again with another GOD DAMNIT thread

this time it's food

expect me to post a lot of steak and meat in general here

a84915de3be3203daaf89f8521d18ff9.jpg

ft. golden ale beer battered chips

the sear was done first and then i just cooked it on half heat and got up to around 52c internal, measured it with a thermometer

from there it just went up to 55c while resting

used salt flakes, coarsely ground black pepper and garlic powder for the seasoning

also here's a shitton of youtube channels i watch, most are meat orientated cus that's my current cooking obsession and that isn't likely to change

Guga Foods
Sous Vide Everything (Guga's other channel)
Best Ever Food Review Show
BBQ Pit Boys
HowToBBQRight
Village Food Factory
Binging with Babish
You Suck At Cooking
Adam Ragusea
J. Kenji Lopez-Alt

if you have any other cooking channels to recommend just post em im always looking to expand the list; just tag me so i see it and ill add it to the op

summoning my meat cooking brethren @nexus

the thumbnail looks like a ted cruz version of guy fieri

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
@Subeh im a shit cook but I can make some mean cocktails

for shits and giggles I tried to replicate the “Johnny Silverhand” from Cyberpunk. “Two tequila old fashioneds with a splash of cerveza and a chilli garnish”. Already a few examples on YouTube, Reddit, etc so it was hard to get wrong! It turned out really really well.

npdH5K9.jpg

Ingredients are:
60ml Quality Tequila (I got a blue agave one which is perfect, a good amount of bite which is what I personally look for in a cocktail)
2/3 dashes of Angostura Bitters
A bar spoon of Agave Nectar
Orange Peel Twist
Chilli (up to interpretation as I saw a lot of people using a full blown chilli pepper on the rim, others using chilli powder on the rim. I just put a VERY light sprinkle in the drink itself)
A splash of Mexican Beer

Spoiler below shows the method!
1) Fill a glass with ice. My only decent glass is this rocks glass, which is what a lot of people were using as well
RNeO5Yj.jpg

2) Tequila, Bitters, Agave Nectar into a glass and stir
K27sGFX.jpg

3) Peel off a bit of the orange peel, squeeze it over the top of the drink. The oils will find their way in and give a zesty kick to the drink
LXFEn2F.jpg

4) Dash of beer (I used Corona because it’s topical at the moment, as well as being Mexican, where they call it a cerveza, around 30-40ml) and your chilli garnish of choice!
YmQBtAv.jpg

Overall I was very pleasantly surprised! All of these ingredients actually compliment themselves really well. Just the right amount of everything. The sweetness of the Agave Nectar balances the bitterness of the beer and the bite of the tequila really rounds it all off. The ever so light chilli sprinkle on the top gives it a good opener. End of the day it is a very simple cocktail which is by no means a bad thing. It’ll make a good summertime drink with how cool and refreshing it is!

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

just

forget it

now imagine

he has bacon

he has steak