Sindome - Cyberpunk RPG

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Sindome, The Cyberpunk Roleplaying Game Set 85 Years In The Future.

unknown.png

Sindome is a MOO (MUD, Object Oriented), MUD stands for Multi User Dungeon. These are classic multiplayer text based games. Sindome is a highly popular Cyberpunk themed extremely serious roleplay based game set 85 years in the future that has been running since 1997 and to this day still averages about 50-100 players daily.

This is the closet thing to a "True" Cyberpunk roleplaying experience that things like 2077 couldn't live up too. However fair warning this requires a bit of dedication. The game runs in real time, is permadeath, and when you log out your character simply falls asleep in the world. (You cannot be killed while sleeping but you can be looted, and moved around.), and to truly get off your feet you need an approved history. (This doesn't need to be massive, just covers some basics like location of birth, education, how you get your skills, yada yada. But jobs will not hire any smuck off the street who claims to have a medical degree without being able to prove you got it.)

However you aren't just tossed onto the dangerous streets of Withmore City without any help, for your first couple weeks you are given a free sleeping pod to bunk up in for safety, There's a helpful OOC channel for OOC questions. (They do not provide IC information here, they are very strict about keeping IC stuff IC.) but for IC stuff there are also characters who have taken up jobs with the Immigration Comity to help those entering the city.

When you begin you go through the character creation process, selecting appearances, and going over stats and skills. (The 'help __') command is your best friend. Take time to consider what you want to start out as, look over what each stat does and consider if you want to spread yourself thin at the start or be specialized. But know that you'll be low on the food chain, as you play you'll get experience to continue to improve. Starting small, and working towards something big. Over months, to possibly years. Once done you'll be tossed outside the city gate with just a little over enough for the entry fee as you immigrate into your new home.

What you can do in game is very open ended, from medical doctors, to a Ripperdoc, fixers, Judge Dredd style Law enforcement, mechanics, driver, pilot, even things like tailoring custom clothes or creating custom furniture or electronics, cooking, bar tending. Or do jobs for players and create plotlines. Developing relationships, friends, enemies. The systems go deep. Like being able to fully describe every part of your body that will dynamically be displayed or covered by clothing, to fully being able to work on things like vehicles and their individual components to Cybernets. It goes on.

So to summarize if you're looking for a super in-depth RPG set in a Cyberpunk Universe this is the place, the curve may be a bit to get over and it requires a bit of dedication to make sure you stay safe but it is super worth it if you can get into it.

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
been playing on and off since around 2017? currently on a character thats 3 (!) years old. have personally met and played with some amazing roleplayers through this, but fuck the playerbase can be awful. have especially witnessed many men playing obvious fetish characters (normally comically short, combination of goth/asian/anime/lesbian fetishes) who cant communicate like normal human beings. none of the erp ive seen on hl2rp can compared to the horniness ive had to witness on sindome. no wonder sindome has an awful rep in the moo/mud community (although thats not just because of this)

there is also alot of gameplay mechanic obsfucation, giving veterans of the game a significant advantage in combat and with knowing skill checks/interactions. also the no communication between players outside of the game rule SUCKS and leads to vets circlejerking in private to fuck people over. that being said though, the world is well fleshed out and theres potential for good rp as long as you can carve out a good circle of people - and hope staff or other older players dont try to give you shit

PepicWalrus

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
been playing on and off since around 2017? currently on a character thats 3 (!) years old. have personally met and played with some amazing roleplayers through this, but fuck the playerbase can be awful. have especially witnessed many men playing obvious fetish characters (normally comically short, combination of goth/asian/anime/lesbian fetishes) who cant communicate like normal human beings. none of the erp ive seen on hl2rp can compared to the horniness ive had to witness on sindome. no wonder sindome has an awful rep in the moo/mud community (although thats not just because of this)

there is also alot of gameplay mechanic obsfucation, giving veterans of the game a significant advantage in combat and with knowing skill checks/interactions. also the no communication between players outside of the game rule SUCKS and leads to vets circlejerking in private to fuck people over. that being said though, the world is well fleshed out and theres potential for good rp as long as you can carve out a good circle of people - and hope staff or other older players dont try to give you shit
Aye, first played in 2015, and then properly in 2016 and haven't really broken back in until now. Having had my first character die back in 2016 due to someone asking for help OOCly I can see the benefit of it but it is an archaic mindset. As for screwing over new chars that's a bit mixed. It's cyberpunk so if someone is ICly screwed over then that's the way it goes, ultimately the hope is to survive and you'll come out with someone to gun for. Of course OOC screwing over isn't good. But there are OOC channels to ask mechanical questions, or you can find an IC mentor character. When I started my current toon had someone come meet me at the gate to help me figure things out ICly and OOCly. So some of the older issues are a bit better. But there is certainly a barrier for entry that is unavoidable. A niche for certain but rewarding for those who can break in.

As for the fetish stuff I've seen it be a bigger problem and a lesser problem, advice is to just avoid sexual RP as much as possible and the games help files on the subject warn you to do the same ultimately. Can always mute the global IC chat, and rules as written sexual RP requires consent before engagement so you always have the chance to opt out.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
Aye, first played in 2015, and then properly in 2016 and haven't really broken back in until now. Having had my first character die back in 2016 due to someone asking for help OOCly I can see the benefit of it but it is an archaic mindset. As for screwing over new chars that's a bit mixed. It's cyberpunk so if someone is ICly screwed over then that's the way it goes, ultimately the hope is to survive and you'll come out with someone to gun for. Of course OOC screwing over isn't good. But there are OOC channels to ask mechanical questions, or you can find an IC mentor character. When I started my current toon had someone come meet me at the gate to help me figure things out ICly and OOCly. So some of the older issues are a bit better. But there is certainly a barrier for entry that is unavoidable. A niche for certain but rewarding for those who can break in.

As for the fetish stuff I've seen it be a bigger problem and a lesser problem, advice is to just avoid sexual RP as much as possible and the games help files on the subject warn you to do the same ultimately. Can always mute the global IC chat, and rules as written sexual RP requires consent before engagement so you always have the chance to opt out.
yeah, i do still like it despite the bs. took me a couple characters to get into the groove of things and figure out how the world works. i do like the whole concept of ic mentors, i just dislike how the staff have gone about obfuscating skill check knowledge specifically - definitely seen new players get frustrated when skills dont really work the same way as you think they would

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
Don't get any of the rest of this since while it sounds intriquing it isn't my cup of tea, but
Once done you'll be tossed outside the city gate with just a little over enough for the entry fee as you immigrate into your new home.
What if I just

walk away from the City

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
Don't get any of the rest of this since while it sounds intriquing it isn't my cup of tea, but

What if I just

walk away from the City
thatd be going into the badlands, and youd probably die a slow death from dehydration. iirc i dont think it actually lets you turn back from the gate if ur a new player though

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
thatd be going into the badlands, and youd probably die a slow death from dehydration. iirc i dont think it actually lets you turn back from the gate if ur a new player though
I do not care if god is concerned for my wellbeing and doesn't want me to go into generic desert-like wasteland no. 19302863174

Let me die

PepicWalrus

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I do not care if god is concerned for my wellbeing and doesn't want me to go into generic desert-like wasteland no. 19302863174

Let me die

I encourage you to try and report your findings. But I wouldn't be surprised if you are barred from entering the badlands. ICly you just traveled who knows how long to get to the city.

As for dying you can die easily in numerous ways. Hell there's a suicide booth right past the city gate.