Six Days in Fallujah

• Thread starter Deleted member 3818
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3818

"Six Days in Fallujah, a military FPS based on a real Iraq War battle, has been resurrected by a new developer and publisher after being cancelled by its original publisher over a decade ago.

Set for release on PC and consoles this year, the new version of Six Days in Fallujah is developed by Highwire Games - a studio founded by Halo’s lead designer - and published by Victura. A tactical shooter, the game is based on events that took place in 2004 during the Second Battle for Fallujah in Iraq.

Designed with accuracy in mind, over 100 Marines, soldiers, and Iraqi civilians have been interviewed to ensure authenticity. The campaign depicts six days of conflict as experienced by the U.S. Marines as they attempted to recapture Fallujah from Al Qaeda. To simulate the battle, the developers at Highwire Games claim to have created “unique technologies and game mechanics” designed to replicate the uncertainty and tactics of modern combat in a way other games do not.

The original version of Six Days in Fallujah was announced in 2009 by developer Atomic Games and publisher Konami, but was met with criticism from war veterans and anti-war groups. Setting a violent video game in a real world war - particularly one not just fresh in the memory, but also seen as unjust - was seen as controversial. This caused Konami to pull out of the project. While never formally cancelled by Atomic Games, news on Six Days in Fallujah gradually faded. In the years since, Atomic Games’ former CEO, Peter Tamte, has set up Victura, and has been working on a new version of Six Days In Fallujah since 2016."

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

"Six Days in Fallujah, a military FPS based on a real Iraq War battle, has been resurrected by a new developer and publisher after being cancelled by its original publisher over a decade ago.

Set for release on PC and consoles this year, the new version of Six Days in Fallujah is developed by Highwire Games - a studio founded by Halo’s lead designer - and published by Victura. A tactical shooter, the game is based on events that took place in 2004 during the Second Battle for Fallujah in Iraq.

Designed with accuracy in mind, over 100 Marines, soldiers, and Iraqi civilians have been interviewed to ensure authenticity. The campaign depicts six days of conflict as experienced by the U.S. Marines as they attempted to recapture Fallujah from Al Qaeda. To simulate the battle, the developers at Highwire Games claim to have created “unique technologies and game mechanics” designed to replicate the uncertainty and tactics of modern combat in a way other games do not.

The original version of Six Days in Fallujah was announced in 2009 by developer Atomic Games and publisher Konami, but was met with criticism from war veterans and anti-war groups. Setting a violent video game in a real world war - particularly one not just fresh in the memory, but also seen as unjust - was seen as controversial. This caused Konami to pull out of the project. While never formally cancelled by Atomic Games, news on Six Days in Fallujah gradually faded. In the years since, Atomic Games’ former CEO, Peter Tamte, has set up Victura, and has been working on a new version of Six Days In Fallujah since 2016."

Oh shit I remember this.

It got big press back in the day.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 5162

boy this reminds me of Ready or Not where actual SWAT members were interviewed for game's authenticity and made cinematic trailers.

i think we all know how it's doing right now.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
question though

why would you make an action fps about an international tragedy and gross negligence from the military, and style it like the military are the good guys

D

Deleted member 3818

question though

why would you make an action fps about an international tragedy and gross negligence from the military, and style it like the military are the good guys
it's not really like that though, they're not making any sort of political statement about whether or not the war was justified or that america are the good guys in the broader sense. It's about the individuals that served and their heroism.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
it's not really like that though, they're not making any sort of political statement about whether or not the war was justified or that america are the good guys in the broader sense. It's about the individuals that served and their heroism.
ye nah its an american propaganda game the war was justified lmao

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
question though

is that what they're doing?

all I've seen so far is the interviews and some gameplay, we don't know much if anything about the story so far

gameplay wise it does look a bit meh tier though, SWAT 4 had better mechanics in the same context imho

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
is that what they're doing?

all I've seen so far is the interviews and some gameplay, we don't know much if anything about the story so far

gameplay wise it does look a bit meh tier though, SWAT 4 had better mechanics in the same context imho

i mean to me it feels a bit tasteless

it'd be like making a politically neutral 9/11 survival game where you have to escape the world trade center as it collapses

just because the victim isnt one of the major world powers doesnt mean games about it are a-okay

theres fuck all heroism about bombing civilians with white phosphorous

D

Deleted member 3818

i mean to me it feels a bit tasteless

it'd be like making a politically neutral 9/11 survival game where you have to escape the world trade center as it collapses

just because the victim isnt one of the major world powers doesnt mean games about it are a-okay

theres fuck all heroism about bombing civilians with white phosphorous
by that logic every game that depicts a real life conflict is bad

Anthrax_PL

Atom
Nebulae
so

games out (on early access)

who's going to get it?

i want to get it, but it'll be when i come back from holiday in 3 weeks

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae