Slavic union

Slavic union?

• Total voters

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
Hello, this is aimed at Slavs and not any other ethnic groups, while I'd appreciate anyone else's opinion, please if you're a non-slav try to keep it reply-only and refrain from voting in the poll. My aim is to get to know if people would actually support this if ever it could have been done. Also if you vote no I exceptionally would want to know why lmao.

Andke

Quark
Nebulae
this sounds sort of impossible since there's a lot of tension and dislike among many of the slavic countries of each other (Russia, Poland, Ukraine, etc) even if it did some how happen I don't think it would last a long time. Plus personally I'd prefer to keep my country (Poland) fully independent

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
this sounds sort of impossible since there's a lot of tension and dislike among many of the slavic countries of each other (Russia, Poland, Ukraine, etc) even if it did some how happen I don't think it would last a long time. Plus personally I'd prefer to keep my country (Poland) fully independent
Actually, thinking about it maybe it could have been done by making it an actual state since then the countries that are against other countries couldnt do much with the military completely in the Slavic unions hands. You are right its quite impossible because not all people think like this. Its really sad that people from the same tribe divided and started fighting each other, which only makes me want slavic union even more. Hell, without all the brother-killing wars slavs could by now have the whole world. But thinking about how European Union is a thing, Slavic unions chances shouldnt be that low. Anyways thanks for your opinion!

Nebulae
Only as an organization similar to UE but only with Slavic nations and made on equal terms.

The super-big Slavic state won't work, because Slavs are not the same, we have different languages and a lot of stuff makes us different. However the organization of Slavic nations which would work together economically and military would be great. I'd like to see such thing as a real organization that would be fair and without double-standards. Where white is white and black is black.

Memeception

Proton
Nebulae
As an unified large state it would run into several problems.

First of all this nation is way too big to defend itself. Russia alone has problems defending their far east territorities. There's also problem with Orthodox East using Cyrilic writing system while West uses Latin, however it can be simply solved by just teaching 2 alphabets at school. The language isn't big problem either, slavic people can widely understand each other. There is also Interslavic language existing, that is mix of all slavic languages, it has been created to make it easy for any slavic person to be able to learn it without any problems. However the second most widely spoken language would be Russian and third Polish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interslavic_language

Can you tell what does that mean ?

"Otče naš, ktory jesi v nebesah,
nehaj svęti sę imę Tvoje.
Nehaj prijde krålevstvo Tvoje,
nehaj bųde volja Tvoja, kako v nebě tako i na zemji.
Hlěb naš vsjakodenny daj nam dneś,
i odpusti nam naše grěhi,
kako my odpušćajemo našim grěšnikam.
I ne vvedi nas v pokušenje,
ale izbavi nas od zlogo."

It's Christian prayer "Our father" in Interslavic.

Other problems that nation would run in, would be most likely West EU and United States being hostile to such state, and people would probably compare it to Soviet Union reborn anyway. This new country would also have to create new "Slavic" identity, familliar to what they have done in Yugoslavia. (Around 50% Bosniaks have identified as Yugoslavs, I lost the source, but I have read about it somewhere on wikipedia).

In my personal opinion, new Slavic identity could be encouraged. But, not forced. Original respective nation culture should be conserved, and not replaced with Slavic.

Here's map of all Slavic nations, however Sorb minority in Germany and Russian majority in north kazachstan wasn't included in this map. To connect South Slavs with North Slavs the Romanian coast would have to be annexed.
1200px-Slavic_europe.svg.png

Anyway and lastly, such union would be hard to form since hostilities between Slavic nations.

Croatians hate Serbians. (Yugoslav wars etc)
Serbians hate Bulgarians (Second Balkan war etc)
Poles hate Russians (Occupation, several wars, massive murders of civillians)

and so on and so on.

But, if any hostilities would cease and nations would try to apologise each other and start to become friendly, and maybe try to refund any damage, such alliance would be possible. But, I don't expect the union to create any time in future. Russia tends to be nationalist, and anti-west. Serbs want to restore Greater Serbia. And whole Pan-Slavic movement isn't that popular of course due to these historical disputes among nations.

greater_slavic_union__593268.png

VIDEOS WORTH WATCHING

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
Only as an organization similar to UE but only with Slavic nations and made on equal terms.

The super-big Slavic state won't work, because Slavs are not the same, we have different languages and a lot of stuff makes us different. However the organization of Slavic nations which would work together economically and military would be great. I'd like to see such thing as a real organization that would be fair and without double-standards. Where white is white and black is black.
Basically I'd be really happy if we Slavs could reach the point where we'd function like the EU or NATO military alliance but of course with our own laws and standards. The big state of Slavic union could also just use interslavic language and work on enhancing it since now its not really any governments but volunteers.

Nebulae
First of all this nation is way too big to defend itself. Russia alone has problems defending their far east territorities. T
But you're aware that it's physically impossible to defend such a big border? Not even saying that it's more like a wasteland, where you haven nothing more than a sea of trees and a small city per 300km. No one would go into such wasteland as... well it would be impossible to really capture the whole thing. Slavic army would be big enough to protect western borders and eastern in a normal scale.

Also
Edgelord, we have Visengard group, which might go somewhere higher in future. Who knows?

Reactions: List

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
As an unified large state it would run into several problems.

First of all this nation is way too big to defend itself. Russia alone has problems defending their far east territorities. There's also problem with Orthodox East using Cyrilic writing system while West uses Latin, however it can be simply solved by just teaching 2 alphabets at school. The language isn't big problem either, slavic people can widely understand each other. There is also Interslavic language existing, that is mix of all slavic languages, it has been created to make it easy for any slavic person to be able to learn it without any problems. However the second most widely spoken language would be Russian and third Polish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interslavic_language

Can you tell what does that mean ?

"Otče naš, ktory jesi v nebesah,
nehaj svęti sę imę Tvoje.
Nehaj prijde krålevstvo Tvoje,
nehaj bųde volja Tvoja, kako v nebě tako i na zemji.
Hlěb naš vsjakodenny daj nam dneś,
i odpusti nam naše grěhi,
kako my odpušćajemo našim grěšnikam.
I ne vvedi nas v pokušenje,
ale izbavi nas od zlogo."

It's Christian prayer "Our father" in Interslavic.

Other problems that nation would run in, would be most likely West EU and United States being hostile to such state, and people would probably compare it to Soviet Union reborn anyway. This new country would also have to create new "Slavic" identity, familliar to what they have done in Yugoslavia. (Around 50% Bosniaks have identified as Yugoslavs, I lost the source, but I have read about it somewhere on wikipedia).

In my personal opinion, new Slavic identity could be encouraged. But, not forced. Original respective nation culture should be conserved, and not replaced with Slavic.

Here's map of all Slavic nations, however Sorb minority in Germany and Russian majority in north kazachstan wasn't included in this map. To connect South Slavs with North Slavs the Romanian coast would have to be annexed.
1200px-Slavic_europe.svg.png

Anyway and lastly, such union would be hard to form since hostilities between Slavic nations.

Croatians hate Serbians. (Yugoslav wars etc)
Serbians hate Bulgarians (Second Balkan war etc)
Poles hate Russians (Occupation, several wars, massive murders of civillians)

and so on and so on.

But, if any hostilities would cease and nations would try to apologise each other and start to become friendly, and maybe try to refund any damage, such alliance would be possible. But, I don't expect the union to create any time in future. Russia tends to be nationalist, and anti-west. Serbs want to restore Greater Serbia. And whole Pan-Slavic movement isn't that popular of course due to these historical disputes among nations.

greater_slavic_union__593268.png

VIDEOS WORTH WATCHING

With the actual national identity, of course that would be kept and all nations languages in the union would be used as official with the interslavic being mainly for communication between these nations. It could be compared with how the national identity was kept in USSR, it was one big state but the nations sure kept their traditions, religion and all that

*honk honk*

transcended p doggo
Nebulae
better if its a bunch of states rather than one state

people lose their nationality otherwise - something slavs value very much

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
With the border thing I highly agree and while I am not one that encourages wars, seeing how there are states SURROUNDED by slavic union they could just let the union take over without any conflicts judging by how huge it is. In the end, many things in human life can be compared to trying new food. You look at it, doesnt look great, doesnt smell great... You taste it and figure out its awesome, just how some people can think negatively towards other states and end up liking them.
Basically what im saying now is that even if those states would kinda be forced to join the union so there arent more borders to guard, they might end up liking the way it would work

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I've been talking to plenty of colleagues at University about a reunification of the Commonwealth, including free trade and travel between Canada, Britain, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, and India with the United States being a trade partner, and most people definitely support the idea.

*honk honk*

transcended p doggo
Nebulae
I've been talking to plenty of colleagues at University about a reunification of the Commonwealth, including free trade and travel between Canada, Britain, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, and India with the United States being a trade partner, and most people definitely support the idea.
Hello, this is aimed at Slavs and not any other ethnic groups, while I'd appreciate anyone else's opinion, please if you're a non-slav try to keep it reply-only and refrain from voting in the poll.
BEGONE THOT

Nebulae
Sorry, I saw you slavs talking about stupid slav things and I thought I'd speak of something truly worth talking about in regards to the glorious British Empire.

Your thread isn't worth the English text it was written with.

Maybe we're poor but at least we didn't make a fortune on people's tragedy, slaves and colonies.

Also the biggest irony of whole human history is fact that you guys are being colonized by people you colonized century ago.

369-004-C4B3C69D.jpg