So I got access to Adobe Firefly - AI Art Generation

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
image.png

Firefly_Apurple_nebulae_79403.png

So basically I now have access to Adobe Firefly cause I signed up for it for work purposes.

Adobe Firefly if you don't know it's similar to other AI art tools that are in the works but is of course done by Adobe and they claim that is all trained using the stock image of the adobe creative cloud (of the one that you could purchase not stuff you make)

I think AI art is pretty neat just cause I'm not an Artist and I'm not really going to debate the ethical purposes (That's current affairs)

So I ran it through for some HL2 resistance fighter like @MaXenzie was doing and see what it churned out and honestly, they look great (although MaXenzies stuff is better) for being generated with not much detail in the prompt

Firefly_AResistance_fighter_of_the_game_Half_Life_2_with_a_gas_mask_in_an_abandoned_subway_art_50771.jpg

Firefly_AResistance_fighter_of_the_game_Half_Life_2_with_a_gas_mask_in_an_abandoned_subway_art_7909.jpg

Firefly_AResistance_fighter_of_the_game_Half_Life_2_with_a_gas_mask_in_an_abandoned_subway_art_48071.jpg

Since I'm still trying this bad boy out, if you want to try in any prompt or character stuff just post roughly what you want down below, or a specific prompt, or both and I'll give it a try and post it here :D

Oh and Adobe Firefly also support Text art AI so if you want a cool title art that can also be generated!

Reactions: List

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
i think the ultimate litmus test is warranted. try generating an advisor with it

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
can it do negative prompts?

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
"Intricate Illustrated art of a vampire the masquerade nosferatu female with grey-tinted skin and a facial deformity."

If you could prompt that, I'd appreciate it :-)

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
image.png

Firefly_Apurple_nebulae_79403.png

So basically I now have access to Adobe Firefly cause I signed up for it for work purposes.

Adobe Firefly if you don't know it's similar to other AI art tools that are in the works but is of course done by Adobe and they claim that is all trained using the stock image of the adobe creative cloud (of the one that you could purchase not stuff you make)

I think AI art is pretty neat just cause I'm not an Artist and I'm not really going to debate the ethical purposes (That's current affairs)

So I ran it through for some HL2 resistance fighter like @MaXenzie was doing and see what it churned out and honestly, they look great (although MaXenzies stuff is better) for being generated with not much detail in the prompt

Firefly_AResistance_fighter_of_the_game_Half_Life_2_with_a_gas_mask_in_an_abandoned_subway_art_50771.jpg

Firefly_AResistance_fighter_of_the_game_Half_Life_2_with_a_gas_mask_in_an_abandoned_subway_art_7909.jpg

Firefly_AResistance_fighter_of_the_game_Half_Life_2_with_a_gas_mask_in_an_abandoned_subway_art_48071.jpg

Since I'm still trying this bad boy out, if you want to try in any prompt or character stuff just post roughly what you want down below, or a specific prompt, or both and I'll give it a try and post it here :D

Oh and Adobe Firefly also support Text art AI so if you want a cool title art that can also be generated!

Can we have a Halloween theme for the forums? I like that Logo

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i think the ultimate litmus test is warranted. try generating an advisor with it
Unfortunately, it did not work, it seems it can't really do characters or NPC's from franchises or copyrighted things
can it do negative prompts?
Don't think so :(

"Intricate Illustrated art of a vampire the masquerade nosferatu female with grey-tinted skin and a facial deformity."

If you could prompt that, I'd appreciate it :-)
Got some hits

Firefly_IntricateIllustrated_art_of_a_vampire_the_masquerade_nosferatu_female_with_grey-tinted_skin_and_a_facial_deformity._art_44107.jpg

Firefly_IntricateIllustrated_art_of_a_vampire_the_masquerade_nosferatu_female_with_grey-tinted_skin_and_a_facial_deformity._art_44181.jpg

Firefly_IntricateIllustrated_art_of_a_vampire_the_masquerade_nosferatu_female_with_grey-tinted_skin_and_a_facial_deformity._art_33649.jpg

Can we have a Halloween theme for the forums? I like that Logo
Just for funsies I tried to refine it to Halloween theme and this came out, I find it pretty neat

Firefly_Ahaunting_nebulae_with_Halloween_themed_decorations_27330.png

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Unfortunately, it did not work, it seems it can't really do characters or NPC's from franchises or copyrighted things

Don't think so :(

Got some hits

Firefly_IntricateIllustrated_art_of_a_vampire_the_masquerade_nosferatu_female_with_grey-tinted_skin_and_a_facial_deformity._art_44107.jpg

Firefly_IntricateIllustrated_art_of_a_vampire_the_masquerade_nosferatu_female_with_grey-tinted_skin_and_a_facial_deformity._art_44181.jpg

Firefly_IntricateIllustrated_art_of_a_vampire_the_masquerade_nosferatu_female_with_grey-tinted_skin_and_a_facial_deformity._art_33649.jpg

Just for funsies I tried to refine it to Halloween theme and this came out, I find it pretty neat

Firefly_Ahaunting_nebulae_with_Halloween_themed_decorations_27330.png

so for the sake of comparison i asked my locally installed AI to also do the nosferatu image
i chose a random model i had installed and it landed on the recently installed AbyssOrange model, which is generally used for anime stuff
hoo boy.
00251.png

honk honk

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
so for the sake of comparison i asked my locally installed AI to also do the nosferatu image
i chose a random model i had installed and it landed on the recently installed AbyssOrange model, which is generally used for anime stuff
hoo boy.
00251.png

honk honk

Adobe Only wishes

I think, adobe's going to be used by corporations more often although I'm excited to see what their upcoming tools will be able to do to speed up the artistic process or refine AI art as well, since the beta is currently in the works

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Adobe Only wishes

I think, adobe's going to be used by corporations more often although I'm excited to see what their upcoming tools will be able to do to speed up the artistic process or refine AI art as well, since the beta is currently in the works

it being sourced solely through their own proprietary images means they sidestep all of the legal issues, so its probably the best bet they have at the moment

once they start re-sourcing good outputs back into the catalog they've effectively got a self-iterating AI

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae

thanks mic! i appreciate it!

honestly the results are worse than what i expected from the media editting company but i guess the prompt is difficult and it hasn't had much time to just absorb? idk how this ai stuff works

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
thanks mic! i appreciate it!

honestly the results are worse than what i expected from the media editting company but i guess the prompt is difficult and it hasn't had much time to just absorb? idk how this ai stuff works

it looks for images in its database to use as a guide for making new ones

it had plenty of "female" tagged images in its database, but odds are it had to guess what a "nosferatu" was

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
hoo boy.
00251.png

honk honk

I don't know if you've mentioned previously regarding your stance on AI and Art, but is this something you welcome as I know you're a very passionate person when it comes to the arts, more specifically music and the likes of varying art styles. Showcasing some of your own work across the years how do you feel about AI in the art sphere?

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I don't know if you've mentioned previously regarding your stance on AI and Art, but is this something you welcome as I know you're a very passionate person when it comes to the arts, more specifically music and the likes of varying art styles. Showcasing some of your own work across the years how do you feel about AI in the art sphere?
absolutely 0 moral or legal standpoint when it comes to personal/recreational use, its on par with going on google images or pinterest and swiping an image off there to use as a character reference. now that pandora's box is open, people will always have AI for personal use and no government or legislation is going to be able to stop it

for commercial use, its an absolute shitshow
on one hand you have the "it devalues actual artists" crowd, on the other you have the "its straight up copyright infringement" crowd
and then you've also got the "it takes inspiration in the same way humans do" crowd and the "since its making its own work its not copyright infringement" folks

my take is that AI should only be used commercially when the image database is ethically and legally sourced, such as how Adobe's doing it
you cant sue yourself for copyright infringement on yourself, and you obviously gave yourself permission to put your own images in the database
the only argument left would be that it puts traditional and digital artists out of a job, but that argument was also used when digital art started becoming a thing as well, and traditional artists are still around so

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
absolutely 0 moral or legal standpoint when it comes to personal/recreational use, its on par with going on google images or pinterest and swiping an image off there to use as a character reference. now that pandora's box is open, people will always have AI for personal use and no government or legislation is going to be able to stop it

for commercial use, its an absolute shitshow
on one hand you have the "it devalues actual artists" crowd, on the other you have the "its straight up copyright infringement" crowd
and then you've also got the "it takes inspiration in the same way humans do" crowd and the "since its making its own work its not copyright infringement" folks

my take is that AI should only be used commercially when the image database is ethically and legally sourced, such as how Adobe's doing it
you cant sue yourself for copyright infringement on yourself, and you obviously gave yourself permission to put your own images in the database
the only argument left would be that it puts traditional and digital artists out of a job, but that argument was also used when digital art started becoming a thing as well, and traditional artists are still around so

I just can't imagine what life will be like when we're in our Golden years, looking at what is happening now compared to what we had growing up seems like leaps and bounds ahead of its time.