Solanum Roleplay

Do you like the idea?

• Yes

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I don't intend on playing a zombie roleplay server.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I don't intend on playing a zombie roleplay server, but this seems interesting.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae

When there is no more room in Hell…

The Dead will walk the Earth…

Solanum Roleplay

1GMonG4.jpg

Solanum Roleplay is intended to be a fast-paced zombie apocalypse roleplay server, in which, the infected range from slow and weak to durable and quick paced forcing people to stick together in bands if they hope for any chance to survive. Characters made by the players are innately immune to the virus, allowing them to be damaged without turning. The central aspect of the server that makes it more entertaining than others is the following bullet notes.

• Zombies are durable and damaging and either fast or slow.
  • Weapons and ammo are common compared to most other servers giving players the ability to create characters and accept their deaths relatively quick, or dying out in a fashion they’d do ICly without the OOC grind of having to work away for 1-2 weeks trying to find a pistol and enough ammo to actually impact anything.
  • Almost all deaths will be PKs, such is life in the zombie apocalypse, however, it’s easier to get back into the ‘action’ so to speak with character authorization applications as well as common weapon spawn-ins done by staff setting up scenes around the map.
  • The main objective is story progression where a combination of player agency by both survivors as well as the small team of national guard sent to help control the city and are tasked with evacuating the remaining survivors until they end up losing touch with command after their final supply drop.
  • No whitelists outside of Survivor. All groups/factions are to be made in-character, be selfish and create your own group with a select few of your friends and fend for yourselves, or create a great communist collective, trying to feed each mouth and share your bullets, or go on your own fending for yourself. The decisions you make are to impact the trajectory of the storyline.
  • With regards to map changes, the first few maps will be pre-decided for the interlude of the server, however, onwards, community choice will determine where the survivors end up heading.
  • There will be rules on mugging/killing for greed to prevent monopolies of people just killing others without roleplay involved. I understand it's the apocalypse, but there's certain anti-fun things that would drive away playerbase.
SETTING
hCBWaGV5VfcLyCB4hYEknqGl7IVl3iGGhDqqnfeo8VrdCLyrDWSRgkHj9FwbhO6KuWlvCGe47EbuwRZmuIPYkuOzybq5yPQudSk2dT0tSfvIxnmRu6g8sT2mD9JDySHDeckMcOWq

YChJhEJr97Ek7Bjruhop2hFXgBW49EMU_S8ciFKokzByyw-PHPA3jcNeE3gm_veSGLQvXcoThOoaORhxX0x1AMkZW5n65mrPxlYNhy8mSyvW6yDW7Moe9IQvv3Ci1sySa8GG40ac

JEFFERSON CITY, MISSOURI

LORE IS TO BE INTERTWINED WITH THE PROGRESSION OF THE SERVER.

Nobody knows how the virus started, what it does besides the visible, and if there’s a cure or not.​

Survivors
You find yourself in the city. Horrid groans and the smell of death surround you. You’ve been dodging these bastards for quite awhile down, you were just minding your own business and then it seems as if a sweeping wave of atrocities have stumbled upon you. You feel a grumble in your stomach as you keep running from these monsters. Crimson blood dripping from their mouths and white milky eyes. You ask yourself, what the fuck is going on? As you run, you start thinking to yourself, what should you do? Find safety in hiding? Or perhaps, find something to defend yourself with, or better yet, seek out someone to shelter and protect you or even, try to find out what happened, what these things are, whether or not there’s a cure and do what you can to keep yourself fed and hydrated. It will be a long journey.

iH6RmQP.jpg

Military
(6-10 players)

The military will play a major role at the beginning of the server. Initially, their goal will be to bring order to the chaos spreading throughout the city, unfortunately, four other fire-teams go dark (dead) within the first few hours of insertion. After the city capitulates and it’s clear the infestation has gone out of control, the military will attempt to pull out, along with as many survivors as possible by [ spoiler ] and escaping to the outskirts. They attempt to contact command by accessing a military bunker, however [ spoiler ]. As they lose contact with command, their relevance disappears and it becomes the players within the military to simply do what their characters would ICly do, stick together as a unit, either worrying, or ignoring the civilians, running into encounters with some civilians who try to start shit with them, whatever they do, when they die, it’s a PK. This creates an element of fear where they have to either try and keep the civies with potentially rising up against them if they try to control/abuse the civies, or if they choose to befriend the citizens and provide aid for them, suffer the pain of having to share food and water. Military would be applied for and very limited to people who roleplay for the sake of in-character events, actions and reasoning, rather than out-of-character reasons/consequences and a lust for scripts. Once they finish their scripted bits, they become just like any other survivors, plus the knowledge/relationships they had from being in the military.

vFLYrTF.jpg

Notables

• No inventory increasing items. 8KG-12KG max, forcing people to get rid of weapons they don’t have ammo for/need. Primary/Firearm equipped doesn’t take up inventory space so it gives 8-12KG of space for medicine, food, water, and ammo.
  • No quarantine zone, leaving it up to survivors to make their own safe havens, however, these would likely have to be on rooftops, up ladders, or in places where zombies don’t usually tread.
  • Fast zombies will be able to create danger for even the places that are on a high vantage point, potentially forcing people out of such ‘safe zones’.
  • High amount of weapons, and ammo, and durable infected to create intense action to avoid the simplistic gunplay and avoid melee weapons as fighting NPCs with melee weapons has never been fun. Considering deaths will be PKs, melee weapons are very irritating to use.
  • Constant progression, whether you and your group want to get a generator up and running and find fuel for it, or you want to have a scavenging run, contacting staff will allow you to have someone set up an objective based event where you feel as if you’re accomplishing something for your ‘safe haven’.
  • Never safe. The idea that you can be safe in a zombie apocalypse is a foolish one. There should be no safe places, everywhere you go, you could always try to ensure there’s two exits so you can’t get cornered. You can barricade a place all you want, but if the zombies sense your there, they’ll bash their way through and eat you. Weapons and ammo are an essential force to defend yourself.
  • Quick pick-up gameplay. The goal of having high ammo/weapon spawns/spawn ins is because it allows plenty of people to find all sorts of different weapons, ranging from pistols to AKs and the only thing that needs to be found is the specific ammo for it.
  • Zombies are NPCs and players if the player requests it. No reason to really have zombie players, but they can if they want. This is probably the best pack I have for the idea. High HP, fair damage (unlike stalker dog or cry of fear chainsaw man) and a combination of fast and slow ones, as well as boss zombies (which shouldn't really be used)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=152529683&searchtext=Zombies

Necessities
  • @Zak 's TFA base with specific ammunition requirements.
  • A staff team willing to put time into the community's requests when they want to set up a scavenging run, or progress their 'safe haven'.
  • Permission to use Clockwork
  • 20 slot server.
  • A mature and serious playerbase
  • Item spawners
  • Food/Medicine/Water scripts.
  • necro_forest, necro_urban, necro_junction, rp_torrington rp_downtown_night (I think there was a horror version somewhere made for serious RP).

Influences
Left 4 Dead
AfterLife - Warcraft 3 custom game

No More Room in Hell
Zombie Panic

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
why call it roleplay if u cant develop ur char without being pk'd in a week tops

You get what you put into it. You can't just kill others for no reason. You still have to /me to initiate with another players and you still need a reason. I played something similar to this and I had my military (sniper) survive 2-3 weeks after the rest of my soldiers died because I abandoned and ended up just working with a weaker group of people and they got into shit with another survivor group and got killed off.

If you start shit, which you can do, you suffer the consequences if things don't go your way. However, by teaming up, covering each other and ensuring you have enough ammo to go out and deal with the problems of the day, you reduce the likelihood of dying as you've got people covering your back. The majority of zombies will still be slow ones with plenty of health, but there's also ZPS zombies that are a bit faster, and chunkier, but they're not OP by any means. The actual fast zombies will fuck you up if you're alone with not a lot of ammo, which is why I said 1-2 for a armed group of 4+ would be pretty lit to watch as they act like fast zombies from HL2, but it's that kind of experience that makes it fast paced and exciting, making veteran characters that much more impressive.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
20 players is small, especially for Nebulous.

why call it roleplay if u cant develop ur char without being pk'd in a week tops

The same reason people play DayZ.

You get good, you live longer.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
20 players is small, especially for Nebulous.
I wouldn't want it to steal too many players from the other servers. :^)

Besides, I don't really know how intensive the script would be with the zombies as well.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I wouldn't want it to steal too many players from the other servers. :^)

We're already doing that with HL2RP.

And we own WW3RP without any competition.

Besides, I don't really know how intensive the script would be with the zombies as well.

Yeah, but 20 players, the server's gonna be full 100% of the time, not even staff will be able to play.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
you'd need like 40 players otherwise it'd fill up real fucking fast

40's alright.

We need enough players for the groups to have a decent size, since with 20 players, it'd be likely all 20 of them would just form one group, or it'd be every man for himself + maybe some pairs.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
How is this relevant?

Because Severance and Vein schemas are nowhere to be found I guess and I doubt that this idea will likely launch within this community without your approval and considering that's difficult to get, I feel like people are wanting to try to re-launch another quarantine zone server set in Britain, so I suppose that would be done first, if there were to be another server, which already is unlikely.

I'd rather contribute ($$$) to this community to host a 20 slot server and use gristwork, but the likelihood of that happening is very low to none, rather than making a separate one.

It's relevant in the sense that I don't think I'd get far enough to get your approval in using your own scripts, so I'd have to look for others. IDK, am I wrong?