Space Station 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbmax

Neutrino
Nebulae
OH GOD WALL OF TEXT INCOMING

It's like HL2RP, but with more memes. You and 60-100 other people are dumped onto a metal death trap masquerading as a Space Station, each with a specific job. Station Engineers repair, fix and optimize the station, the Shitcurity Security Officers Tyrannize protect the station, the medical doctors heal hurt patients and clone dead ones, the clown pranks people and usually gets beat to death by a mob of angry crewmen, the Captain runs things, but probably inevitably gets murdered by that shifty looking mime, Cargo & Supply will Order the stations necessities order guns for themselves, hack the crates open and declare themselves a sovereign nation (FOR CARGONIA!), the atmospheric technician might fill a room with highly flammable plasma gas and drop an igniter in said room, the shaft miners that are supposed to be gathering minerals for Research and Development will probably all be dead due to one of the many dangerous beasts on lavaland, the place were supposed to be mining, the stations roboticist is probably making an army of robots to take over the station and the Station AI might as well be HAL 9000 for all the people it's secretly murdered. The round will inevitably end with the escape shuttle being called and the escape pods ejecting after an hour or two, but to spice things up, any of the crewmen (or non crewmen) might be a traitor working for a rival organization given several objectives to fulfill (kill a crewmember, steal a high value object, prevent anyone from using the escape shuttle when it is called, die a glorious death, that sort of thing) all with special traitory items they order from their Syndicate Uplink hidden in their PDA, a space alien (like The Thing) who can absorb crewmembers DNA genomes and look and sound exactly like them and evolve special powers to do it all, it could also be a 5 man team of highly trained Syndicate Operatives looking to steal the stations nuclear authentication disk and use it to blow the station to smithereens, mabye it's a cadre of crewmembers who are tired with the Command Staff's bullshit and after converting an army of crewmembers into revolutionary, will proceed to space all of the command staff, who knows, it might be a group of cultists, scribing runes out of their own blood trying to summon their elder god to destroy the station, not to mention hundreds of random events from a meteor hitting the station to a power outage. The game looks minimalist (screenies: http://www.ss13.eu/wiki/images/6/64/Frontpage_action.png
http://i.imgur.com/R23ZYYh.jpg
http://www.pcgamesn.com/sites/default/files/ss13main67.jpg) but has realism you just wont find anywhere else. Detailed atmospheric systems, thousands of items, job synergy where one job depends on the other (IE: shaft miners collect goods for Cargo to sell, RnD to research, chemistry to refine into live saving chemicals), dozens of jobs, realistic damage system, complicated surgery procedures, and much, much more. But also combines hilarious game modes and shenanigans, the stations psychiatrist might be a space vampire, the half crazed chef might be requesting access to the morgue for "no reason" and you'll end up finding a piece of Jerry the Clown in your burger 10 minutes later, the admins might say that the next round is a "nations round" where each department is an independent nation who can conquer the others through violence or diplomacy, and other little things scattered throughout the station that make you laugh. It's hard to learn and understand, but once you get past the curve, it can be amazingly fun. If you want a more serious experience, most server consider themselves Low RP, Medium RP, or High RP. Low RP servers tend to have rules in place to prevent random killings and large scale grief, (purging the station of oxygen, making a massive bomb and blowing a hole in the bridge) but stills allows a group of people to sacrifice the Head of Personnel to summon Harambe. Medium RP prevents stuff like that, but you can still find yourself laughing at an elaborate prank pulled by the clown who covered a hallway in slippery lube that sends people flying around the station on their stomachs. High RP is a lot stricter but still is a lot of fun as you build up your character and roleplay around their strengths and weaknesses. For the price of free, I recommend that anyone should come and try this out, as it's starving for players.

aiaininja

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
There's already a thread for this..

qbmax

Neutrino
Nebulae
damn it i wrote this all for nothing, excuse me a momen

*distant gunshot*

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
You and 60-100 other people
more like 10-120 lol

back in the day the average server had 15 players and the most populated one would get up to 35... i literally don't understand how it's possible to play with 100 players without tremendous lag, shit started choking when it got to 40..

Reactions: List

qbmax

Neutrino
Nebulae
I've heard that BYOND could theoretically handle like 10,000 something players on an empty map, for whatever reason the developers are still supporting BYOND, I've played on servers with 120+ people with no lag

Status
Not open for further replies.