squad

ice

Paramilitary enthusiast
Nebulae
hey nerds do you play squad and have a mic? because DoubleD and I want to put together a squad ok

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Arma 3, Insurgency, Counter Strike, Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead, Overwatch, TF2, PAYDAY 2.

Imo Squad just looks like Insurgency/Arma but more expensive.

The only party games I play are above, and I don't think I'd fork over 15 quid for 2 games I already have.

Saints Sasha

Neutrino
Nebulae
Arma 3, Insurgency, Counter Strike, Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead, Overwatch, TF2, PAYDAY 2.

Imo Squad just looks like Insurgency/Arma but more expensive.

The only party games I play are above, and I don't think I'd fork over 15 quid for 2 games I already have.
I like squad because it takes the fun shit from Arma and Insurgency and puts them into one experience. Big maps, vehicles and somewhat realistic combat without horrible de-sync from Arma and immersive close quarters combat from insurgency without feeling like a reskinned counter-strike game with bigger damage. If I could I would get a refund for insurgency and Arma and keep squad. I can understand not wanting to spend more money on a game that just takes concepts from the games you already have.

Reactions: List

Dunjam

ae
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I love this thread because it's just people who don't want to play squad voicing their unwanted opinions.

I'd love to play squad with you guys sometime.

no, no it really isn't. there's an issue when i can run arma 3 at highest settings without any fps lag, then when i run squad, a game which is far less demanding i get 10 second screen freezes when i look at explosions, seems like its been that way for almost a year and still they havent fixed it

Aziatsky

Proton
Nebulae
no, no it really isn't. there's an issue when i can run arma 3 at highest settings without any fps lag, then when i run squad, a game which is far less demanding i get 10 second screen freezes when i look at explosions, seems like its been that way for almost a year and still they havent fixed it
Runs perfectly fine for me and everyone I play with.

ice

Paramilitary enthusiast
Nebulae

sounds like operator error to me

ice

Paramilitary enthusiast
Nebulae
ok buckaroos why arent you adding me on steam if you want to play yo

Nebulae
I'd love to join in for some Squad. I bought it recently on the sale and haven't found folks to play with, and I already have a healthy dose of PTSD from Insurgency and Arma 3 PvP or Co-op missions with randoms.
Better find people who knows what they're doing, and who's actually willing to teach newer players (like myself) to play the game. It all adds to the experience and who knows, we'll have some fun or end up screaming "JOHAN, why are you firing at that bush?!"

Also gotta sort out the blurry edges issue I seem to experience.. Close up, everything's quite clear but once you look past a few hundred yards things start to look blurry with the edges kinda floating together with the background, causing me to have issues identifying enemies in the gravy of a view I have. I experienced the same issues on Arma 3, then I set the resolution to the native res of my monitor which fixed the issue altogether. Same cannot be said for Squad, since I've toyed around with the Anti-Aliasing and Sampling, with little to no results.