Squid Game

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So I binge-watched it this last two days, very good imo. It touches on similar genres that we've seen before like hunger games but has a good twist and sub-plots between them, and the Korean voice acting is top tier honestly. It made me love, hate, and be sad at characters. Especially episode 6, holy shit my heart.

That said, if you don't know anything about it I recommend you watch it, but here's a meme to summarize it

FA-VKU1VgBUdo9R

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 4795

Finished it today, I thought it was pretty good. Not groundbreaking or revolutionary like people are claiming but it's a solid watch if you don't have anything else to watch.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
surprisingly good for a show that blew up off the back of social media

i was expecting it to be cringey or whatever but so far i’m enjoying it more than i imagined i would

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i liked it but the motives/ending was shit

we be just having some fun
a little trolling

he really just said

“LMAO” and died, giant based energy

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
2 episodes from the end now. I appreciate the set designs and the effort that went into them despite how goofy some of them look mixed with the little cg bits. overall the show is decent if you have nothing else to watch, but if I have another option then I'd go for the latter every time

im just unable to like any of the characters. everyone being really shitty people across the board is alright but it really, really doesn't make it all that enjoyable for me to watch. I have nobody to root for to win anything so it feels like im a spectator for a sport I dont care about with teams I dont even know.

the two girls relationship felt really forced and too condensed. I told a friend before starting the marbles episode that I hoped their relationship would make more sense outside of them being two badass style asian girls that barely talk, but then one of them died just after dropping their story. I dont mind their characters at all but I just wish there was more context to them. the old dude went a bit better but his death and who causes it was predictable from the very start of the show. if there was more than just 9 episodes and they had a little more time to build more realistic relationships and characters for me to actually invest into then it'd definitely be way better, but I just cant get into 8 different characters with such a short time with them

im not sure if im just missing the point or if I just dont like what its portraying. like I said before the set designs are very well done, but I feel like the color palette, whacky abstract design and character styles was all that really made it blow up and be so popular since the story is mediocre at best

edit; ali's death I kind of cared about, but like I said there really wasn't much of a build for him outside of one backstory scene and him saying thank you a few times. having a main character that was so focused for 2 episodes really just set my mind up going 'ok so everyone else is gonna die since there can be only 1 winner, thats cool'. im not finished yet so there might not be just 1 winner, but still

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
that was such a garbage ending
the reveal that the old ass dude with cancer was the game runner was the shittiest reveal in the history of reveals. the ending turned into a comedy between the metal gear final squid fight and that. then we're supposed to believe that this guy that didn't kill anyone throughout the whole game, super compassionate, goes back to the game for some tear it down badass ending. makes no sense

Inaudible™

Karl-Police Approved
Nebulae
I just watched this for the games, I skipped to the game parts because I couldn't be fucked hearing about these characters, they were all so fucking boring, the ending made me want to shoot myself.
20211004_074742.jpg

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I just watched this for the games, I skipped to the game parts because I couldn't be fucked hearing about these characters, they were all so fucking boring, the ending made me want to shoot myself.
20211004_074742.jpg
tell me

did you watch it with the english dub

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
massive plot holes, big inconsistencies in writing between the 1/2nd act and the 3rd act. but a brilliant show all the same. i really really liked squid game despite all its downfalls and i think that says a lot more about parts of a show and its execution than liking it all.

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i’ll say for sure that if you watched it in dub you missed out big time

Inaudible™

Karl-Police Approved
Nebulae
tell me

did you watch it with the english dub
No I watch all foreign shows subbed, the dubs are bad 9 times out of 10.
The show was enjoyable I'll say that much, but I just didn't really enjoy the shit outside of the games.

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
No I watch all foreign shows subbed, the dubs are bad 9 times out of 10.
The show was enjoyable I'll say that much, but I just didn't really enjoy the shit outside of the games.
that’s fair, each to their own

i personally liked it, even if some of it was a bit dodgy, but it’s the level of quality i’ve come to expect from netflix

i just want mindhunter back man god that show was good