Star Citizen General

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
star_citizen_united_equestria_icon_by_digitalmediadisk-d8m8ond.png

Been playing it for a bit now and it's gotten a lot of updates over the past year and turned into a pretty decent MMO despite it still being in alpha.

Does anyone have it and want to play?​

Reactions: List

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Wait you can actually play the game now?

I thought it was never gonna be finished, or in some sort of development hell

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Had the game for years, bought a mining vessel, there was nothing to mine

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Wait you can actually play the game now?

I thought it was never gonna be finished, or in some sort of development hell
Nah they have a full road map for the next year and they've been good on meeting it so far

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen

It gets updates and new content, it's just a big thing is they're constantly adding new stuff along with bug fixing and they're the first getting their hands on a lot of new technology for rendering and graphics, a lot of what you see in it won't be seen in the main stream for another 5-10 years. A good example of this is how they're adding actual massive nebula fields with realistic cloud effects.

The gameplay side of things is decent, though the main thing you can do right now is mercenary work and delivery jobs (when they work). Even though the game has plenty of bugs in it, it's still just fun to go around an explore since there are 4 planets, 10 moons, and lots of space stations. Each planet and moon has a full day/night cycle and biomes all around it.

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
2013 backer here, still remember the original hype when the first public release of the hangar module (getting a look at your ships for the first time ever in an actual client, no flying mind you) was being rolled out many many years ago. Was following development intensively up until about two years ago when I lost interest. Used to do a moderate amount of org connection-making and forum participation too. Might give it a try again some time now to see how far it's come.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Some screenshots from today's mercenary work

aujH5bz.jpg

nWEz8Ui.jpg

XeXU3Jf.jpg

2eLlXgN.jpg

L8ciOHw.jpg

LOEW0Gz.jpg

rvVseXD.jpg

R5N9q3w.jpg

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
HBfXKrK.jpg

my character looks like richard spencer

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Is it worth trying again?
Late response but in short if you have some friends to play it with then yes.

It still has much to be done but if you have a good PC, it can be fun to dick around in the universe with some friends. Star Citizen has transitioned from originally being something a lot more like Elite Dangerous and is gradually working towards becoming a massive MMO RPG world and sci-fi second life.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Thread Revival

Game seems fairly fun now days with the addition of new content.

I just redownloaded it tonight and had a good bit of fun. I was transporting goods to ArcCorp and nearly ran out of fuel on the way there. Good fun waiting on the trip over, talking to people, and listening to music.

I'd recommend you folks redownload it (if you have it) and give it a try with a few pals.