Serious Star Citizen

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Recently got it, thought it was interesting and am loving it so far, couldn't find a thread so decided to make one, Interested to see how many people play it here

My6gL75.png

Me and my current starter ship (and so far my favorite from the very few i've flown)

Chopchop

Nucleus
Nebulae
Have a friend who pledged in the original kickstarter but he doesn't play it because he thinks it lacks any serious content, especially the stuff he pledged for and thought we would get out of the game. Although he does think its a good game he doesn't think it's ready.

Thats basically the only thing thats held me back from buying thus far.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Have a friend who pledged in the original kickstarter but he doesn't play it because he thinks it lacks any serious content, especially the stuff he pledged for and thought we would get out of the game. Although he does think its a good game he doesn't think it's ready.

That's basically the only thing that's held me back from buying thus far.
I think it depends on the person, personally I like playing it and hope to play with others some-time.
If you're ever thinking about it I suggest waiting for a PU (Persistent Universe) where what you get within 1 patch will go over to the other unless you don't mind temporarily losing progress every new major patch, for example going from 3.7 to 3.8. (According to one of my friends when a new patch comes out a.k.a from 3.7 to 3.8 you get reset back to ships you bought with IRL $$$ and 10000 aUEC (In-game credit))

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Got my new Cutlass Black, loving the ship a san all-rounder.. also figured out I could land on buildings in the City on ArcCorp
SuZSNA0.jpg

Reactions: List

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Bit of a revival, I've recently gotten back into the game and currently it appears that every ship is now purchasable using in-game currency.

There is also item persistence now from what I can see (Meaning you keep your armor, aUEC, weapons, consumables and the likes through patches/wipes) the only thing not persisting yet is the ships you buy.

If you're wondering if a ship you'd be interested in is now gettable in-game use this website to figure out where and how much.

E: Link for those who don't trust embedded links: https://finder.deepspacecrew.com/
[doublepost=1597931876][/doublepost]
Bit of a revival, I've recently gotten back into the game and currently it appears that every ship is now purchasable using in-game currency.

There is also item persistence now from what I can see (Meaning you keep your armor, aUEC, weapons, consumables and the likes through patches/wipes) the only thing not persisting yet is the ships you buy.

If you're wondering if a ship you'd be interested in is now gettable in-game use this website to figure out where and how much.

E: Link for those who don't trust embedded links: https://finder.deepspacecrew.com/
Also if anyone wants to play w/ me sometime (I'm still pretty noob-ish to the game in the sense of how to make aUEC and good money making methods) just hmu.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
@KILLERB3AST has a pretty nice ship and I have a fairly nice fighter.

We ran the game for some time and it's good to know persistence is around now.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
@KILLERB3AST has a pretty nice ship and I have a fairly nice fighter.
I currently have the Cutlass Black and will be getting the Esperia Talon in my hangars (probably) this december.

We ran the game for some time and it's good to know persistence is around now.
Persistence is still limited but it's proof it can work. (In all honesty I assume one of the reasons ship persistence isn't implemented yet is due to the fact they probably still want backing from pledges)

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
I have played it, dunno if it’s worth it

really cool concept but held back by shitty management

How well fleshed out is the persistence though? How long can I keep shit over updates?

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
How well fleshed out is the persistence though? How long can I keep shit over updates?
Unless there's an intentional wipe, You'll keep aUEC, Items such as weapons, oxy-pens and utility and armour.

As to how long, I last played in 3.8 around when they enabled this type of persistence for the first time. I still have the armour and weapons and money from back then.

Pollux

Nerd
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I have played it, dunno if it’s worth it

really cool concept but held back by shitty management

They said they're going to stop wiping every patch but I still wouldn't play the game wanting to actually progress. I mostly play it every now and then to check out the latest updates and such before hopping off till the next. There's some active orgs though if you actually want to start to get into the game, I've seen some orgs do massive battles and such.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
They said they're going to stop wiping every patch but I still wouldn't play the game wanting to actually progress. I mostly play it every now and then to check out the latest updates and such before hopping off till the next. There's some active orgs though if you actually want to start to get into the game, I've seen some orgs do massive battles and such.
I've been having my eyes on either TEST Squadron or Black Star Initiative as an org, they both intrigue me.
[doublepost=1598042357][/doublepost]Also since this is relatively new I believe.

You can now transfer aUEC between players for a fee. I haven't tried it myself so idk how effective it is but it opens up a lot of things.
[doublepost=1598042445][/doublepost]And now the video is fully uploaded:
I was doing some combat to make some aUEC as I was really low and needed to set myself up to start the grind to millions. During a bounty mission (with a fighter I'm not familiar with) I managed to overheat and eventually board the NPC ship, I think the ship itself was pretty low level.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
So in this video:

Apparently ships bought in-game are intended to be able to persist between patches and they're working on getting it.. well... working.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Found a small org I got into more or less as a freelancer/mercenary.

Either way, For the last while I've been piloting their 890 jump whilst we did stuff (One combat mission acting as a carrier in orbit and just flying around the other times) and we decided to go to the Javelin Wreck on Daymar, got a screenshot from a nearby mountain to compare size.

OVfaYr9.jpg

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Ship persistence is in the game now, as in you can buy ships in-game and unless they do an intentional wipe, you'll keep them between patches.

Also something good they did, every ship bought from patch 3.9 and on will be/has been returned as they are going through/went through their internal logs to return them.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Ship persistence is in the game now, as in you can buy ships in-game and unless they do an intentional wipe, you'll keep them between patches.

Also something good they did, every ship bought from patch 3.9 and on will be/has been returned as they are going through/went through their internal logs to return them.
Due to the kindness of stranger I made 8 million and am now the owner of both a Tevarin Prowler and a MISC Prospector, the latter being so I can make money again.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
If anyone wants to play with me/others just hmu since I found a fun org of which people are basically around daily.

This game is 20x better with two or more people. (The org also sometimes has minor missions/events which range from mining expeditions to rescue the VIP which is fun).

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I've been on that grind recently trying to get out of my starter gear.

We'll see how it goes.
GL.
The two methods of making big bank quick are still:
- Mining (Relatively risk-free as you won't make a loss if you 30k which is pretty rare in my experience)
- Trading (Requires to have starter bank and you risk losing your 'investment' if you 30k)

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
>Be me
>Get out a prowler
>Have unknown people board the prowler
>Be safe in the cockpit and fly to a planet
>Hear weapons clicking behind you, them trying to kill you
>Threaten them to get out or they'll die
>They don't get out
>Inititiate self-destruct