Star Wars Battlefront 2 Gameplay

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Cinematic:

Gameplay:

Doesn't look too bad if I'm completely honest. Not too sure though why the fuck Rey is there in the Clone Wars though.

Opinions? Thoughts?

Last edited:

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
Really happy I didn't buy the first one they made in 2015. That was just an insult with how they handled that.
Biggest fear is that the game is not even half full of content and locked behind a pay barrier. They say they're doing DLCs differently but my hopes are not very high. Every dice game I get, as sad as it is, I know I'm only getting like 60% of the content.
I really hope this game is what they promise and is awesome. Also hoping for some galactic conquest baby.

Reactions: List

Kleis

Electron
Nebulae
Actually looks promising indeed, all i want is the Galactic Conquest from Battlefront 2, but in general the game looks pretty good and seems to have the essence it used to have long ago.

I hope they don't fuck it up.

Samurai

Inspector Bullshit
Nebulae
Three will never be a legends cannon remake of Starwars Battlefront 2. Feels bad man. Also screw EA and not picking a better naming system for the remakes. Its an insult to the developers that made the first two. Also grinds my gears a lot.

Not too sure though why the fuck Rey is there in the Clone Wars though.
Cashing in on the plebs that like the new Starwars cannon. Although this is EA we're talking about. Doesn't really surprise me that they don't care anything about the lore beyond re-skinning for their battlefield formula.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
As a big fan of the clone wars era, I'm really fucking excited to see the Clone Wars included in Battlefront after a decade again.
When I saw the bit of Maul in the teaser trailer, I became more than ever excited. Also, the gameplay trailer just gave me chills all over my body.
200.gif

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
was pretty hype until I calmed down
probably not going to buy it if they have non-canonical heroes within the clone wars era (like Han Solo and Rey) as much I really love the era

also I genuinely hope they include customization for clones
it'd make so much sense and is such a smart option canonically because of the mandalorians passing down their traditions of marking armor to the clones they trained but lol what can you expect from EA

Samurai

Inspector Bullshit
Nebulae
also I genuinely hope they include customization for clones

I work for EA and have seen your excellent idea about adding 'customization'. Here at EA we always listen to our consumer base with their wonderful ideas! It won't be there at launch but you can bet later on will add your favorite distinctive markings from the many sources available about 'Clone Troopers' (lol clone troopers cartoon am I right fellow gamers!?) for a respectable price of $5.99 per customization option. Or you can buy the whole lot for $80! WHAT A GREAT DEAL!.

Kill me now. also look at this rubbish - this is what modern gaming has become - i missed being called a nerd and a fucking looser for playing video games -- now every tom, dick and harry plays them so these gaming companies don't need me or any of those 'nerds' -- now they can pander to these low IQ morons because my vote with my wallet doesn't matter anymore. sigh

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
I work for EA and have seen your excellent idea about adding 'customization'. Here at EA we always listen to our consumer base with their wonderful ideas! It won't be there at launch but you can bet later on will add your favorite distinctive markings from the many sources available about 'Clone Troopers' (lol clone troopers cartoon am I right fellow gamers!?) for a respectable price of $5.99 per customization option. Or you can buy the whole lot for $80! WHAT A GREAT DEAL!.

Kill me now. also look at this rubbish - this is what modern gaming has become - i missed being called a nerd and a fucking looser for playing video games -- now every tom, dick and harry plays them so these gaming companies don't need me or any of those 'nerds' -- now they can pander to these low IQ morons because my vote with my wallet doesn't matter anymore. sigh
FKI27VE.jpg
cant help but feel like the next game will have something they ""conveniently"" forgot, just like how they finally added clone wars

Samurai

Inspector Bullshit
Nebulae
cant help but feel like the next game will have something they ""conveniently"" forgot, just like how they finally added clone wars

I can't wait to have the Old Republic dangled in my face in an attempt to convince me to buy their amazing game. It'll probably have my favorite character from the Disney cannon called Rey, also known as I can do everything because I'm an amazing STRONG woman who don't need no cis gendered Jedi men telling me how to use the force, or Mary Sue for short.

We'll never get a Yuuzhan Vong Battlefront where the New Republic and Imperial Remnants and the Hut Alliance team up to fight massive fleet from outside the galaxy. We'll also never have a reason beyond "lol am a fucking sith lord i just hate everything" for why Emperor Palpatine overthrow the Republic and ordered the slaughter of the Jedi -- was because of the Yuuzhan Vong threat would wipe the galaxy out if he didn't go full "FUCK YOUR REPUBLIC SHIT, ITS TIME TO GET SERIOUS!"

Nebulae
was pretty hype until I calmed down
probably not going to buy it if they have non-canonical heroes within the clone wars era (like Han Solo and Rey) as much I really love the era
Pretty sure those were added in clones to simply show off the upcoming heroes.

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
if they don't have space battles in this one, I am going to be extremely dissapoint

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I am a very hardcore fan of Star Wars, and have been my entire life. I must say that without going into very extreme nit picking and trying to fan boy the entire thing down with things like "respect for the old games" and other things, this looks like a very promising game. And sure people will always be mad about the new canon with the First order instead of the Imperial remnants and warlords era, but that's not something to get mad about. I don't have a problem with there being a "Legends" and "Canon" story line, most of it fits together anyways.

I think a lot of the current negativity that the game's receiving is from really dedicated fans who want the perfect Battlefront game that depicts their vision. And that's the problem with making sequels to classic games, you'll always be raining on someone's parade and you'll never make every single person in the original fan base happy.

EA has announced however that there will be no micro transactions, and that free content will be actively coming out up to at least a year after the game's release, that will include things like; maps, heroes, weapons, etc. At the moment, I think the only thing that is at risk for micro transactions is cosmetic things, which I don't believe many people have a problem with.

if they don't have space battles in this one, I am going to be extremely dissapoint
Space battles are confirmed to be a thing, they're in the trailer, just no gameplay of it was available at E3.

The Beta for the game will be coming this fall so I hope that we'll get a little bit of everything including maps, eras, and weapons, then I think it can be fair to start brutally judging the game by then. Give it some time and just enjoy the fact that we have a Star Wars game in the works.

EDIT: Cool video I thought I'd share

Last edited:

jarodine

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
escape from tarkov looks better

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
escape from tarkov looks better
Why mention this in a thread clearly titled Star Wars Battlefront 2. There's already an Escape from Tarkov thread around here I think.