Serious Star Wars RP Suggestion

• Thread starter Deleted member 1158
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1381

actual serious RP would probably become very cringey after some time but that might just be my opinion

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
As much as I love star wars and rps set in it..
No.
It won't happen.

New game modes that players suggest will never be put into tuition unless head staff think it's a good idea to publish a new game mode and even then, said staff have more problems to deal with.

Slimaaconroy

Electron
Premium Member
Nebulae
empire/republic based star wars rp is bad because it devolves into ranks and nobody wants to rp being bossed about
i like the idea of focusing on smugglers and bounty hunters and civillians, maybe the old republic?

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
The issue I always had with starwarsRP (despite being a huge SW fan myself) is that it's essentially HL2RP, same with military occupationRP. You have your all-powerful space empire, the normal civilians and the underground scum who stick to their own and sometimes clash with said space empire.

Reactions: List

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
id like space shit not star wars just give us a chance to not be defined by some already written lore
WONPiv9.jpg

WHEN

WHERE'S MY INNER SPHERE RP

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
WONPiv9.jpg

WHEN

WHERE'S MY INNER SPHERE RP
I don't know about Battletech and how that would work in a rp setting.
Nor would I be able to think of something that could work in a Sci fi setting outside of Warhammer 40k or some sort of setting where we are outer colonists on some far out star system.
Same with star wars, everyone is probably going to aspire to be like a Jedi or something of the sort, I just don't see how it would work reliably.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
I really don't see much point in following battletech lore

just take a skeleton barebones pre-set of a lore and allow it to be defined by players or something idk

making your own lore means making playermodels and weaponry and junk to accomodate

E.Y.E rp

D

Deleted member 1158

actual serious RP would probably become very cringey after some time but that might just be my opinion
Why would it be cringey?

As much as I love star wars and rps set in it..
No.
It won't happen.

New game modes that players suggest will never be put into tuition unless head staff think it's a good idea to publish a new game mode and even then, said staff have more problems to deal with.
So that means no one should ever try to suggest anything unless headstaff put out in the wind that it's favorable? It's not a matter of it will or won't happen, but rather if others want to see it happen out of my own curiosity. I'm merely suggesting something, not arbitrarily demanding that we establish this.

empire/republic based star wars rp is bad because it devolves into ranks and nobody wants to rp being bossed about
i like the idea of focusing on smugglers and bounty hunters and civillians, maybe the old republic?
It doesn't have to be focused on ranks if it isn't made the primary focus. Not to mention the fact HL2RP also has some focus on ranks and priviledges without causing major issues. The Old Republic sounds good too though.

The issue I always had with starwarsRP (despite being a huge SW fan myself) is that it's essentially HL2RP, same with military occupationRP. You have your all-powerful space empire, the normal civilians and the underground scum who stick to their own and sometimes clash with said space empire.
You're right, but I still think it'd differ from standard military occupation RP like some of those 1942 servers and the fact that the server would be unique in the sense that it isn't darkRP. We did WW3RP twice and had the same war like setting with little variation other than changing the historical timeline. Having some similarities doesn't hurt.

I don't know about Battletech and how that would work in a rp setting.
Nor would I be able to think of something that could work in a Sci fi setting outside of Warhammer 40k or some sort of setting where we are outer colonists on some far out star system.
Same with star wars, everyone is probably going to aspire to be like a Jedi or something of the sort, I just don't see how it would work reliably.

Jedi can be taken out of the equation as in that time period they really aren't as relevant as they were in the Clone Wars.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
Jedi can be taken out of the equation as in that time period they really aren't relevant.
That won't happen. Eventually people would want force users or someone might have them added in a way.
E.g Star Wars Galaxies

D

Deleted member 1158

That won't happen. Eventually people would want force users or someone might have them added in a way.
E.g Star Wars Galaxies
Then they could apply for those characters the same way people apply for ex-SF chars in the resistance on HL2RP, but there would have to be some precautions.

Also, no offense, but saying "that won't happen" or "this is never happening" is a little more on the negative side rather than constructive. If you could elaborate on why it's a long shot then that'd be better.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
Then they could apply for those characters the same way people apply for ex-SF chars in the resistance on HL2RP, but there would have to be some precautions.

Also, no offense, but saying "that won't happen" or "this is never happening" is a little more on the negative side rather than constructive. If you could elaborate on why it's a long shot then that'd be better.
In the long term, Star Wars is a bloated market with numerous servers out all praying on players to try them out. Star wars has a lot of lore that will need to be accountable and easily, be hard to manage and or enforce. Due to that, a Star Wars rp would lead to the server being a utter mess mostly stemming from lore/cannons and roles.

No one would wanna rp a citizen or a normal person for an extended amount of time, we would see the problems we have in hl2rp except now, amplified.

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'd be in complete support of the idea if it explored either the Old Republic era or the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. They'd be pretty cool ideas to explore, especially within Gmod.