Information Stasiland Launch Feedback

Discussion in 'WW3RP: Stasiland' started by char, Mar 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesa

Mesa Molecule

Nebulae:
    The power struggle is there, it's just that the Soviets are winning by a longshot. Stasi power is focused around their intelligence and spying prowess, whereas Soviet power is demonstrated with tanks, artillery and riflemen. We're seeing a lot of the latter and not a lot of the former.

I think the high Soviet presence in the urban areas for the past few days can be chalked down to the fact that the server hasn't even been out for a week. The Soviets are able to take out their tanks and squads and rock up to the gates but it takes the Stasi time to compose themselves and get the ball rolling in terms of intelligentsia and organisation as a whole. Now that the Soviets have made their presence known I think they'll keep out of the city until they're absolutely required or requested. My anticipation of Soviet activity in the city pre-release was that they would be deployed there in the event that there was a mass riot or violent situation the Stasi physically couldn't control, not to head in willy nilly

2. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    This sums it well, I don’t know why but the soviet stasi ratio is very unbalanced in the sense that stasi players don’t seem to show up as much.

This causes for example me to not be able to go off-duty or even explore some avenues, having to go to checkpoint or do paperwork cause no one else is active, meantime I see 12 soviets on the scoreboard. If something happens across the map like today the fire we can’t investigate, even if we saw stasi in farms in the opening events.

We are kinda stuck in sector 1 and I know why but if something like an explosion happen nearby they should be able to go check on a car.

But anyways I think stasi is understaffed, we don’t have a lot of methods to streamline process and a lot of things such as what to do with spies, fake ID’s etc haven’t been explained or put in a guide anywhere so far.

3. Poopship McGee

Poopship McGee Old Stock Canadian | Psalm 14:1
    Premium Member WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    I should note that there is a lot of Soviets seem to crave going outside base at almost all times and I find myself often disappointing them by saying, "No, we were just out for x amount of hours, rest and hang out for thirty minutes and I'll reconsider it." I think that the Soviets lack casual passive roleplay on base where we can actually get to know each other, or perhaps I find myself much too busy as a CO. I can understand that Soviets want to interact more with the general population, but at the same time, it should be more common for civilians to be roleplaying with the Stasi than the Soviets, this is Stasiland after all.

I also worry that we can be seen as to eager to win than to allow for interesting roleplay to play out, considering when I shot a guy over the ledge, I hoped to that he would wash up somewhere, near death and be nurtured back to health and hold a grudge against the Soviets, but instead, somebody noticed he was still alive in the water, and double-tapped him. Now I can understand why the Soviet did it, but I also think that we shouldn't kill every enemy we come across and PK them. Long-term developments are how this server will thrive, and that's not possible if we cut everyone's life short because of the risk they might eventually become.

#163 Poopship McGee, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Theplahunter

Theplahunter Nucleus

Nebulae:
    My personal problem is how I feel like I can't go out alone and RP as a Stasi, due to people trying to perform dumb muggings with a mass of people. On the first day I was rushed by a group of 5 people who said "YOU CAN'T DEFEND YOURSELF THERE'S 5 OF US!" and I'm just worried something like that will happen again. I just want to go out alone and walk the city, RP with people, but I feel like the whole gang mugging thing will happen again and it's a bit restrictive. One of the things is, I've been told by Roose there's no rules on mugging Stasi on low pop, so if I'm the only Stasi on I can't leave because some opportunists might rush me again.

I really don't want to just sit around at a border checkpoint, especially since we can only look at peoples ID and then let them through. Most interactions go:

"Hello, papers please."

Gets handed papers, reading them over.

"Reason for leaving?"

"A hike."

"Okay thank you, go on through."

Repeat that time and time and time again, and people can easily just carry a gun in. And we aren't allowed to randomly search people so they have a reason to jump the border or try and find alternative routes through. It's boring. We don't even have a guide finished so when people approach me asking about licenses and paperwork, I don't know what to do when I'm at the HQ.

#164 Theplahunter, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • nebulous nebulous x 2
  5. Poopship McGee

Poopship McGee Old Stock Canadian | Psalm 14:1
    Premium Member WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Personally, I think there should be at least 5 Stasi online in order for people to be allowed to mug them. I also think that if Stasi are unable to do their jobs and have the ability to passive roleplay out of uniform without harassment, they should be able to use the alterego in order to have somewhat of a 'normal life' outside of their position in the Stasi where they can change out of their uniform and live a relatively normal life while also having a hidden PPK to protect themselves should somebody find out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Theplahunter

Theplahunter Nucleus

Nebulae:
    I'd like to be able to go off duty alone and have some sort of protection as an officer when patrolling. Because right now there's really no opportunity for roleplay, despite being advertised as a way to passive more and protect people without having to play evil dystopian faceless deathsquad. Right now the faction is just kind of boring if you're looking for any sort of solo passive. And like I said, we're extremely neutered as a faction. Meter maids unless the one action event happens that the soviets end up taking over eventually. We had the plane event, sure, but that ended up with people trying to steal the cocaine from the back of the plane and do little rp. Swexs had to tell a persistent troublemaker to drop the coke because he didn't rp it, and it's getting on my nerves on how some people act already.

I just want a safe way, uniformed or not, to go out and RP with civs. I've been doing food handouts but that's pretty much the most interesting thing I can do at this point.

7. SpaceInvader

SpaceInvader Dutch Ally.

Nebulae:
    I feel like as an insurgent member. I don't see the need currently to shoot the Stasi or attack them in anyway. My group is kind of a action > reaction sort of thing but with the stasi. I first off all. Find it unnecesarry to attack them and second of all. And I am more scared to show up in the city. To me atleast it feels like I would be base attacking. Compared to Soviets who actually come out of a safety zone and do things the resistance would depise them for.

• nebulous nebulous x 7
  8. GMK

GMK Electron
    WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    I agree. But at the same time, I’m slowly seeing the Stasi transition into something that’ll be more nefarious and corrupt. And I love it.

9. Theplahunter

Theplahunter Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Well some people don't see it that way. They see the Stasi as another form of CP to mug for an easy .32 pistol. Which has actually happened to me. but they failed. 5 people rushed my character and did a /me jumps on the man. And refused to let me rp anything because in looc they went 'LOL 5 OF US JUMPED ON YOU, YOU CAN'T FIGHT BACK'. When backup arrived half ran off without rp and another flung himself off the bridge into the canal.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  10. Numbers

Numbers ok

Nebulae:
    I think insurgencies should divert attention to Stasi for the time being. Soviets are generally too powerful, and there needs to be more incentive to flag on Stasi in the fist place. Soviets already flag in abundance.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  11. GMK

GMK Electron
    WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    Fucking red mains

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  12. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    It's difficult for the Stasi to do their thing right now when, to be frank, a lot of the current insurgent groups aren't going to stay in the city and infiltration takes time. The Soviets are an easier target because they have big patrols, guns and obvious targets to blow up or disrupt.

Very few people are going to put themselves at a disadvantage and it becomes easier to hit a Soviet patrol with guns than (knowingly) interact with the Stasi in the city.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  13. Roosebud

Roosebud Administrator
    Head Staff WW3 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    Which is fine, seeing as the soviets are more equipped for open warfare and it was sort of the goal to have groups take the fight to the army outside the city.
    There's a bunch of (minor) issues we need to sort out to give the stasi a smoother gameplay experience, once they get on their feet properly and have more active members they'll be able to start doing what they're supposed to do full-time.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  14. dallahan

dallahan a bad memer

Nebulae:
    in terms of equipment costing requisition for soviets

i feel like the only thing that should cost money is the ammo and the frag grenade

the ak should be easily bought incase you die with it outside of HQ and I'm not sure how the armor plate works as I can't use it on the RO armor

15. cns

cns The Winner

Nebulae:
    shouldnt be able to buy guns at all cause it'll turn into people just running out and dying with em if you lose it deal with it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
  16. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog

Nebulae:
    This, Stasi can't buy guns we have a limited supply in storage and that's it. Soviets should have the same, if you die you get the supply that remains, no supply? You wait for a re-stock. YOU SHOULD buy food cause that's fine imo. But weapon should be in crates.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Soviet's having super-easy replacement guns in combination with them being the "easiest" targets is a recipe for a gradual slippery slope. More so now because you can't really retaliate for stuff yet.

18. GenericPlayer

GenericPlayer i like firetruck and moster truck

Nebulae:
    I feel the opposite way to be honest, rifles should cost money and ammo should be free.

Or as others have said, limit it to restocks and whatever's in storage, but the problem with that comes when you don't have more than one Quartermaster, or if folk just never report losing their rifles afterwards.

19. dallahan

dallahan a bad memer

Nebulae:
    weekly/bi-weekly supply run for example

have a CO order a supply run which can be intercepted by NJSOC or any other civilian group with guns

20. Mancom37

Mancom37 Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Out of curiosity, does Stasi also have a Motorpool?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice