Information Steam Hijacking Virus - [Important]

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Hey, guys, this is a PSA of a new Virus going on within steam.

Apparently many accounts were Hijacked on steam and they are now spreading a virus link if you were to open this link via steam all your info, including email, phone, login etc will be stolen and changed. I Believe I even experienced one of my friends that got Hijacked sent me a link of "free games" one of the sites they are using for this is gamebundlex do not click on it, they may say that you can get free games but it's fake.
DO NOT CLICK ON IT

If you know a friend who got Hijacked please report it immediately as they may be saved. And this isn't fake I experienced one of my friends Hijack first hand so please be cautious and do not click any link even from trusted friends unless you know it's safe.

Take care and watch out any news on this I'll post here.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
important thing to note is that a lot of scammers use a fake site to try and get you to 'steam login' on them, but just don't click those links in general as clicking it alone may cause trouble (this should be internet 101 though)

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
why would you even accept steam profiles that have a level lower than 10.

i wrote it on my profile that if someone wants to add me, they'd have to comment on my profile and then add me, otherwise they'll be littering in my fl request box for a long, long time

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
why would you even accept steam profiles that have a level lower than 10.

i wrote it on my profile that if someone wants to add me, they'd have to comment on my profile and then add me, otherwise they'll be littering in my fl request box for a long, long time

Problem is, this is from people ALREADY in your friend list, meaning one of my friends got Hijacked thus this, no idea how he managed to get Hijacked do.

Spungey

Roleplay Connoisseur
Nebulae
Hey, guys, this is a PSA of a new Virus going on within steam.

Apparently many accounts were Hijacked on steam and they are now spreading a virus link if you were to open this link via steam all your info, including email, phone, login etc will be stolen and changed. I Believe I even experienced one of my friends that got Hijacked sent me a link of "free games" one of the sites they are using for this is gamebundlex do not click on it, they may say that you can get free games but it's fake.
DO NOT CLICK ON IT

If you know a friend who got Hijacked please report it immediately as they may be saved. And this isn't fake I experienced one of my friends Hijack first hand so please be cautious and do not click any link even from trusted friends unless you know it's safe.

Take care and watch out any news on this I'll post here.
Wholesome
Thanks Gamer

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
why would you click on random links offering free games

so oblivious

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
why would you click on random links offering free games

so oblivious

People fall for it because it's usually a legit looking site with a fake 'log in with steam' button sent by a user thats already on their friendslist, so it might appear as if someone is just sending you news or images. It happens to non-retards as well.

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
I would give a shit about this but I recently found out im related to a nigerian prince.

So fuck yall

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
don't click on links in the first place
if it's an image, steam will imbed it
if it's a video, steam will imbed it
if it's a google doc, steam will put a little thing showing that it's a document
the only thing it might not link is something really obscure or oddly specific but at that point you'll probably have already talked to your friend about said obscure thing anyway.

Reactions: List

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
It took me a bit when I was dealing w/ TF2 scammers, and honestly when they send a link to a website that requires you to log into steam, to check if it's legit start clicking the buttons like store, community etc. If it's a scam, it'll either say 'Error Processing Request' (something like that) or it'll make a popup of the thing you clicked on. If you save your username & password to be autopasted when you're logging into actual steam, then it's also a scam if it's just blank and requires you to put in the info.

And a quick tip to see scammers' backpacks if they're private and used backpack.tf: check your friends list on backpack.tf, find them and then click on their profile's backpack. If it's small, like worth a scrap, then you know they're scamming. And it's kinda fun to see how they went from like, a £10 strange to nothing.

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
It took me a bit when I was dealing w/ TF2 scammers, and honestly when they send a link to a website that requires you to log into steam, to check if it's legit start clicking the buttons like store, community etc. If it's a scam, it'll either say 'Error Processing Request' (something like that) or it'll make a popup of the thing you clicked on. If you save your username & password to be autopasted when you're logging into actual steam, then it's also a scam if it's just blank and requires you to put in the info.

And a quick tip to see scammers' backpacks if they're private and used backpack.tf: check your friends list on backpack.tf, find them and then click on their profile's backpack. If it's small, like worth a scrap, then you know they're scamming. And it's kinda fun to see how they went from like, a £10 strange to nothing.

Or just ignore them entirely and cut out the tedious investigative work. If you suspect it to be a scam, it probably is. No point in wasting your time on looking into it.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Or just ignore them entirely and cut out the tedious investigative work. If you suspect it to be a scam, it probably is. No point in wasting your time on looking into it.

It's a nice way to pass the time during the day, and it can get evidence of their attempted hijack/scam.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
It's pretty easy to notice, 2 of my friends got hijacked or at least someone was on their account and spamming links left and right with 'instructions'.
It is pretty easy to figure out whether you can trust a link sent by someone you know / trust.
You talk to them about the link and figure out what it is, most if not all hackers/bots will not respond to such a message and then you figure it out.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
It's eerie in a way

Your account gets hijacked, spreads the link to the site to your entire friendlist until one person is dumb enough to do whatever, then it spreads through that person's friendlist

Had a run in with someone who's account was obviously hijacked (@Soldato Joker to be exact)

Shit's horrible.

Reactions: List