Steam stuck at "Verifying Installation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3lon

Approved by Erdogan
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Pretty much the title, can't log in or do shit.

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
Have you tried the usual, restarting the PC? Or, going into task manager and ending steam process?

M3lon

Approved by Erdogan
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Have you tried the usual, restarting the PC? Or, going into task manager and ending steam process?
Did everything you can imagine, restarted pc, installed anti-virus and anti-malware programs yet they don't detect anything. In all of a sudden while I was playing gmod I disconnected to join other server, I eventually timed out and tried to connect like 5 times all failed. PC is slower, I think it might be a virus or something like that.

Bandit

Nucleus
Nebulae
Did everything you can imagine, restarted pc, installed anti-virus and anti-malware programs yet they don't detect anything. In all of a sudden while I was playing gmod I disconnected to join other server, I eventually timed out and tried to connect like 5 times all failed. PC is slower, I think it might be a virus or something like that.

this happened to me last week, I'd suggest running chkdsk.exe to check your disk for corrupt files, when I did that I was good to go

M3lon

Approved by Erdogan
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
this happened to me last week, I'd suggest running chkdsk.exe to check your disk for corrupt files, when I did that I was good to go
Will try.
[doublepost=1482348788][/doublepost]
It says: Access denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running elevated mode

M3lon

Approved by Erdogan
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
run as administrator
It also didn't work, can't log to steam or do anything. The computer was supposed to be working really fast since the specs are good. Well, I think format is the only solution. Anyway thanks for your help

Bandit

Nucleus
Nebulae
It also didn't work, can't log to steam or do anything. The computer was supposed to be working really fast since the specs are good. Well, I think format is the only solution. Anyway thanks for your help
how often do you clean your rig

D

Deleted member 1405

picture pls
[doublepost=1482356353][/doublepost]actually something could be broken with the operating system. You're a sys admin but it wont let you run anything? Idk man.. Worst comes to worst you'll have to reinstall the OS, and depending on what OS you have, you can choose to keep all your old files

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
if you're a sys admin and it wont let u run anything then tbh the best thing to do is to grow a pair and uninstall a file called system32.exe

Reactions: List
Status
Not open for further replies.