Stellaris

cryptic

Proton
Nebulae
StellarisLogo.jpg

Stellaris is a grand strategy game set in space where you shape a species to dominate the galaxy through diplomacy or war and supports multiplayer up to 32 people.

stellaris_dev_diary_19_01_20160201_trade.jpg

FallenEmpires.jpg

stellaris2.jpg

ss_4339e1c26911f954fb1ac77ab892b0f9aa4c65e1.1920x1080.jpg

stellaris-reveals-extensive-ship-designer-fleet-combat-is-next-499088-3.jpg

1__1_.jpg

Features:
The Blorg Stream summarizes all features pretty well and it's also a lot of fun.

D

Dazza

I tend to enjoy most Paradox games so I picked Stellaris up on friday. I'm really enjoying it so far, it's strayed from Paradox's usual historical theme and I think this will allow for some really interesting DLCs/Updates seeing as they're no longer bound by the annals of history.

A509B69A7461A676F6A38633E4C14C2A49406AAB

My empire of space fascists is growing quite nicely, can't bring myself to choose any race other than human for some deep instinctual reason.

Reactions: List

cryptic

Proton
Nebulae
Yeah it's really cool and we're playing multiplayer games me and 15 friends on scheduled times. Next time we start I'd be happy to invite those here who feel they want to come.

D

Deleted member 118

Are space battles like in Star Wars Empire at War or mostly AI controlled?

cryptic

Proton
Nebulae
Are space battles like in Star Wars Empire at War or mostly AI controlled?
Unfortunately the battles are "auto-resolved" meaning you can only see the space ships fighting each other.
The charm of this game is mostly colonizing, events, diplomacy (especially with a lot of players there's bound to be a lot of fun diplomacy) and internal management of your empire such as assigning populations to different tasks and managing your buildings and fleet compositions.

Paradox is known for adding a lot of content to their games though and it is likely in a year with all the DLCs that will have been released that the game will look nothing like what it looks like today.

Hanuko

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
this game's p cool, i pirated it though, it runs nice and smoothly, probably will pick it up on steam once i get the money to do so.

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Bump out of interest because I was close to making my own thread before seeing this.

I want to use my religious communist birds in multiplayer for once. :(

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I'm all up for a big MP game. Then my beautiful Xe'thrans can finally show their scientific superiority.

cryptic

Proton
Nebulae
I'd be up for hosting after the new unannounced dlc, I just personally think the game is shallow atm compared to hoi or eu :)