Storm Breaker | HL2RP² Finale

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

image-88.png

Since the destruction of Bucharest the infestation of the invasive alien species that came with it has continued to spread. The tension between Garrison 314 and the Resistance Forces has reached a decisive moment. What was once a battleground has now become a grotesque amalgamation of alien biology, serving as a thriving hub for the invasive forces. Despite relentless attempts to reclaim dominance, the creatures' resilient biological structures persist, along with their ominous presence.

With each passing moment, the threat grows ever greater as it gorges upon what remains of the planet. Both factions are compelled to reassess their priorities as they confront the looming threat. The many spawn now prepare the coastline for the creature that ushered them in, a relentless threat poised to devour all in its wake. The imperative is clear: they must cut off the head of the serpent and obliterate it before the region, and the globe succumbs to an irreversible infestation.

Mini Events and Rearm
This week, we have some mini-events planned to build up to the finale, which will be pinged in the respective faction’s Discord, Some have already begun. Guns and such will be handed out before and during the event as needed.

The Finale
This event marks the end of the server’s iteration, and the server will close shortly after it ends. We will have an epilogue thread posted for those wanting to write an additional epilogue to their characters after the events on the server. Thank you to everyone who has participated in this iteration even if just for a little bit, we hope to see you this weekend.

March 16th
2PM EST / 6PM GMT

(https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/)
Chromium Branch Strongly Recommended
Server Content

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Following feedback from people regarding the time of the event, we've pushed the event back by 2 hours on the day. The event will look to start around 2PM EST / 6PM GMT

Reactions: List

PepicWalrus

Electron
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

PepicWalrus

Electron
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm planning on doing a write up of the event given the technical problems. Please share with me any stand out character moments you had in the event and I'll try to weave as many in. Make sure to include the character name.

Last edited:

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Yasu Satou (aka Karasu) had a lot going on in this. She'd put a whole lot of work into setting up the lure (to the point she'd even installed an extra dark energy cannon in the hopes of stunning the Geneworm), so there was fun counterbalance to her remaining in the beacon building while the rest of the crew went on to deal with the hearts and the lighthouse to set the stage for Geneworm's death.

Her whole deal in the very beginning of her arc was someone who had a hobbyistic attitude towards learning Combine technology. Hell, she wasn't even planning on revealing her skillset as early as she did, but eventually she got more or less dragged into major rebel plans despite her risk-averse tendencies. Yet danger she'd have to plunge into with heaps of shocking encounters along the way.

I think this event culminated to the point where she's finally confident enough to step out of the frontlines, stand back and start indulging her interests towards Combine technology without bullets whizzing past her head. I've got lots cooking on that front for her epilogue, but when it comes to the finale itself, I think this is where she'd cap off her adventures and move to a more sedate environment.

Bounter

Neutrino
Nebulae
Char moments - I didn't know they Storm Breaker only, so just focus on "STORM BREAKER BELOW" section for now D:

WILL HOXWORTH DOOLEY:
- Acting as bait to an Antlion guard, with that letting Warren kill it
- Defeating a ShockTrooper in Berkhoff 1 on 1 and in CQB, ending up blinding it
- Stunning "synth oil addicted" Eli, which then lets Warren tackle him and allow them to save him

- Blowing up a Blacksite Reactor core and sacrificing himself, causing the Blacksite to collapse

RANDALL "FOUNDATION" CLARK

- Becoming Foundation after Boris' death, and leading GTC during the hard times
- Assisting in the lower populated region of Coast as "Shield" and then "Foundation"
- Sparing Ed after realising what he did, then becoming close friends with him

STORM BREAKER STUFF BELOW
- Providing weapons, ammo, medical and grenades for the Gene Worm fight, also building the fortifications around the area, then aiding in further prep-time
- Aiding in the destruction of the Heart, then helping up Ed and others to provide assistance with the mortar, tryin' to keep 'em all together and well
- Sharing his last thoughts with his fellow rebels after killing the worm, collecting this thoughts, saying his last goodbyes then deciding to quit GTC and move back more in-land/onto former City 17 regions to keep fighting