Stuck on "sending client info"

Redke

Neutrino
Nebulae
I'll make this quick and to the point,

Whenever I join the server, it gets stuck at the beginning of "sending client info" without making any progress (as I've seen within a 30-40 minute timespan). However, it's literally just this server.

What I have done to no avail:
Disabled addons and attempted to join (allow the map)
Restarting my computer (while updating windows)
Updating my graphics drivers
Validating my GMOD several times
Uninstalling, moving to another disk, and then reinstalling GMOD
Flushing my DNS
Switching wifi

Any other suggestions?

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I'll make this quick and to the point,

Whenever I join the server, it gets stuck at the beginning of "sending client info" without making any progress (as I've seen within a 30-40 minute timespan). However, it's literally just this server.

What I have done to no avail:
Disabled addons and attempted to join (allow the map)
Restarting my computer (while updating windows)
Updating my graphics drivers
Validating my GMOD several times
Uninstalling, moving to another disk, and then reinstalling GMOD
Flushing my DNS
Switching wifi

Any other suggestions?
Your firewall might be blocking gmod or steam? Its a longshot but it might work

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae
load the map in singleplayer and try to join from that

D

Deleted member 1048

I had this issue about two years ago, how I fixed it was by unplugging my router overnight.
No idea what it did but it worked.

Redke

Neutrino
Nebulae
I had this issue about two years ago, how I fixed it was by unplugging my router overnight.
No idea what it did but it worked.

I just attempted that, and it didn't work. I've even got two networks and neither of them are able to connect.

Bman

epic gamer
Nebulae
If you have another computer try connecting to the server on that to see if it works. Other things I can think of are trying to validate hl2 and any other mounted games to gmod. Also make sure you run them at least once.

Redke

Neutrino
Nebulae
If you have another computer try connecting to the server on that to see if it works. Other things I can think of are trying to validate hl2 and any other mounted games to gmod. Also make sure you run them at least once.
I don't have another computer to be able to join with, I'll try validating my mounted games and see if that works though.

Redke

Neutrino
Nebulae
I validated every single game along with GMOD several times and it did not work, and I've discovered that it not only does this on Nebulous but other servers as well.

Bman

epic gamer
Nebulae
I validated every single game along with GMOD several times and it did not work, and I've discovered that it not only does this on Nebulous but other servers as well.
After you mentioned that this happened with every server I searched through the gmod help forums on facepunch and found that it seems to be a recurring problem or current bug. Try running gmod in its dev branch and see if you can connect to any server. If that does not work try a factory reset on gmod by running FactoryReset-GMod BAT file under Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod . And if that doesn't work I'd highly recommend you post on the gmod help forums located here .

Reactions: List

Redke

Neutrino
Nebulae
After you mentioned that this happened with every server I searched through the gmod help forums on facepunch and found that it seems to be a recurring problem or current bug. Try running gmod in its dev branch and see if you can connect to any server. If that does not work try a factory reset on gmod by running FactoryReset-GMod BAT file under Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod . And if that doesn't work I'd highly recommend you post on the gmod help forums located here .

Thank you so much, I attempted running it in dev branch but that did not work so I finally ran the BAT file and that worked. I appreciate the help, sincerely. Problem solved.