In Progress [Suggestion] Easier Easier Currency

Discussion in 'Bugs/Suggestions' started by Goopy, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goopy

Goopy Atom

Nebulae:
    Suggestion: Change it to how HL2RP works
    Why: If I wanted to give someone ten, I'd have to break down 1k into 2 500's, into 2 250's, into 25 10's or 5 50's, into 5 10's. My inventory doesn't have the space for this. I'm close to 5k, this only gets harder to do, and so on the further up you go. I'm also wearing a backpack. New players are often confused to. Honestly, it's just simply not player friendly.

[LOOC] Rudi Falk: hold on, thats just a tad confusing, trying to figure it out

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Roosebud

Roosebud Administrator
    Head Staff WW3 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    We intentionally didn't use the /givemoney system because we wanted money to have inventory weight instead of people walking around with millions. If you regulary give someone 10 marks then I'd suggest you keep a couple of 10's on hand instead of turning it all into large stacks.

Will have to look into potential options to make it a bit more streamlined

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Goopy

Goopy Atom

Nebulae:
    i'm not sure about others, but my inventory is almost constantly full to carry around multiple 10s

4. Roosebud

Roosebud Administrator

Nebulae:
    We're obviously still working the bumps out of a new system, so I'm not opposed to changing certain aspects, but:

Could it be that people are too used to having the ability to carry thousands if not millions around? I mean, maybe spend more or decrease the rate at which you're selling stuff if you have no use for such amounts anyways? Perhaps distribute some cash to people you trust or craft it into a larger stockpile and store it away?

Nobody is forced to use the currency either, that was the point about it, you're free to barter for other items as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Goopy

Goopy Atom

Nebulae:
    i feel like any system where there's a set currency at the start, that currency will be used as standard, also at this moment there's not much to barter

could you find a way to make it so, for example, anything below 1000 doesn't take inv space and instead can be used as /givemarks

6. Roosebud

Roosebud Administrator

Nebulae:
    It's up to the players to use the currency or not, the only entity that is 'forced' to use it is the stasi. Not a fan at all of returning it to basic commands and would require a pretty extensive rework and mess with plans we have for currency forgery.

But I'll discuss this with some of the higherups once I get back from work

7. liew

liew Don't Shoot I'm Too Short

Nebulae:
    perhaps a bank could be made for people to deposit their millions?

e: could open up some potential for some unique robberies, and it'd serve as a place for people to deposit excess cash that they choose not to carry on them.

the added bureaucracy is arguably justified by the fact that if they choose to keep it in the bank, it's kept safe (at least, safer than carrying it on hand) and it wouldn't hog up all your inventory space

#7 liew, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Merlinsclaw

Merlinsclaw Risen From Ruins
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I like the current system, this just seems like it's taking out a feature for no real reason.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. big chungus

big chungus Electron

Nebulae:
    Money is heavy man, if people are gonna carry around thousands on them all the time they should feel it. Although there should be some sort of bank or something for people to deposit it then.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Numbers

Numbers ok
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Yeah, I think a bank would be a preferable alternative if that's possible somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GMK

GMK Electron
    WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    base it off this system maybe. Tried to help make it in HL2RP as CAB. Could work here with IC elements and some tweaking.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Leather Clad Lad

Leather Clad Lad `impulse-approved
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    There is a lot to barter with, thanks to the many script spawns. Just peeved out that people with cars have a direct edge over people without cars in terms of hunting for scripts

They're just gonna hoard all of them and leave people that planned to do something with their found items to their own devices

13. GenericPlayer

GenericPlayer i like firetruck and moster truck

Nebulae:
    might be a good idea to allow for the stacking of currency in tens

so 10 > 20 > 30 > 40 > 50 etc etc

that way we don't have folk walking around with 4 slots taken up by ten mark notes, but maybe that'd make things too convoluted too

14. Mesa

Mesa Molecule

Nebulae:
    wallet script with a secondary inventory you can put money in?

could be crafted and have all sorts of different variants, maybe contribute to someones business

#14 Mesa, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Shadok

Shadok smol man rollenspieler

Nebulae:
    Seen as money behaves the same way scripts do, I wouldn't be surprised if people stored guns and rifles in their wallets

16. Mesa

Mesa Molecule

Nebulae:
    there's probably a way to code it otherwise, similar to the way you can't store equipped items and what have you

if people do do it though they're just daft and will get banned

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Roosebud

Roosebud Administrator

Nebulae:
    A 'slight' rework is being made, might take a bit of time considering all the other suggestions currently being reviewed

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice