Captain Cardgage

Possibly Union Bias
Nebulae
hightly_priority_item_by_koplio-d31wm78.png
You fuck I just got that image

Sellka

Neutrino
Nebulae
Tonight's experience on SS13 Colonial marines. Fixed the telecoms and got my arm chopped off by a ravager. Killed four aliens in the process good times.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Perhaps this would finally force me to try SS13 out like I've been wanting to for ages...

Elliot

¯\_ º ͜ʖ º _/¯ not the head mod
Nebulae
Dunno if this has been posted already (fuck reading though 100+ posts to check) but this is hands down the best theme I've ever heard

AlexD

Iᴛ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ʀᴘ ʙʀᴏ
Nebulae
Perhaps this would finally force me to try SS13 out like I've been wanting to for ages...

get someone to orient you over ts and you are set

it's worth it to learn it and to get over the mechanics, once you do it's fukken gr8

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
get someone to orient you over ts and you are set

it's worth it to learn it and to get over the mechanics, once you do it's fukken gr8
Within my 2nd day of learning, I was spiking people's food with toilet water as a clown.

Contrary to popular belief, if you have some good people teaching and helping you (@Enlightening @scrubmcnoob ) - it's really easy.

AlexD

Iᴛ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ʀᴘ ʙʀᴏ
Nebulae
Within my 2nd day of learning, I was spiking people's food with toilet water as a clown.

Contrary to popular belief, if you have some good people teaching and helping you (@Enlightening @scrubmcnoob ) - it's really easy.

yeah also starting with help (spanish friend of mine @Aizer over ts) in a server like Colonial Marines like I did, where u can get to learn how to equip shit as a simple squad marine and shoot shit, all the good mechanics is a good idea imho

Enlightening

Quark
Nebulae
I love going qm and just ordering guns and armour
you can break them with emitters you can steal from engineering, emag them or depending on the codebase, toss it into lava and wait for it to melt open

Captain Cardgage

Possibly Union Bias
Nebulae
Never forget the station wide paranoia that happened on that day. You got my chef executed once because they suspected i poisoned all of it.

Sellka

Neutrino
Nebulae
yeah also starting with help (spanish friend of mine @Aizer over ts) in a server like Colonial Marines like I did, where u can get to learn how to equip shit as a simple squad marine and shoot shit, all the good mechanics is a good idea imho

The only thing a server like that will not teach you is how to luchador flip people / suplex. It causes a huge amount of damage and like two of them can kill someone.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
Robusting the game is easy.
Robusting some of this code, I could use guidance on that.
At any rate, the majority of us decided to base code off Tg station and then modify things in from para and other servers; such as species and ear/pda slots.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
The only thing a server like that will not teach you is how to luchador flip people / suplex. It causes a huge amount of damage and like two of them can kill someone.
thats only on goon

Merged:
Robusting the game is easy.
Robusting some of this code, I could use guidance on that.
At any rate, the majority of us decided to base code off Tg station and then modify things in from para and other servers; such as species and ear/pda slots.
i maintain we should use /vg/ code

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
thats only on goon

Merged:

i maintain we should use /vg/ code
At least the other servers do have martial art scrolls for more interesting combat if you are willing to spend the crystals.
e: Vg code is not as good as Tg.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
how so? idk if its changed significantly since i last played tg but tg code is bland as fuck
Tg code is definitely not bland, it's the reverse of that.
It may seem bland because rounds only last thirty minutes due to the autismos run speed, which we lowered, but is packed with tons of features.
However, I am still on the fence with Para/Tg cause Para has races, and dismemberment but their surgery code is kind of fucked and in long term, they still have to deal with bay station shit code. So for long run, Tg is the best option.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
who fucking cares about code just pick one and launch they all the same all that matters is the map

Neszy

some type of bird
Nebulae
I've always been interested in SS13 but never had the determination to sit there and learn it, etc. Only thing I remember doing is one game where I played as a chef and killed a guy by feeding him something, and then I'm pretty sure the microwave exploded or something and I died.

On a semi-related note, could be fun getting a bunch of people together on Discord or something to play Town of Salem. It's kinda similar, in a way, plus we'd still be able to kill one another.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
Tg code is definitely not bland, it's the reverse of that.
It may seem bland because rounds only last thirty minutes due to the autismos run speed, which we lowered, but is packed with tons of features.
However, I am still on the fence with Para/Tg cause Para has races, and dismemberment but their surgery code is kind of fucked and in long term, they still have to deal with bay station shit code. So for long run, Tg is the best option.
tell me whats good about tg over vg?

vg has races, dismemberment, surgery works, they have a massive amount of makeshift weaponry