[SUGGESTION] Space Station 13 Server

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
I've always been interested in SS13 but never had the determination to sit there and learn it, etc. Only thing I remember doing is one game where I played as a chef and killed a guy by feeding him something, and then I'm pretty sure the microwave exploded or something and I died.

On a semi-related note, could be fun getting a bunch of people together on Discord or something to play Town of Salem. It's kinda similar, in a way, plus we'd still be able to kill one another.
ss13 is a lot better
just get a dude to teach u or watch some videos/read guides

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
who fucking cares about code just pick one and launch they all the same all that matters is the map
I hope to release a server asap, but we wish to start on a base that won't screw us over in the long run and that has plenty of support; which TG does.
Who knows, maybe we get a server up in a week or so :<)
No promises but we are trying.
Maybe even para?

Merged:
Okay we are using Paradise, as decided yesterday.
First thing we are going try is adding in Gang Wars from Tg and possibly add a pirate game mode.
Also remove extended round from rotation.
Stay tuned for next time when clown goes killer over spilled ice cream cup!
@Blackquill

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Entora

Proton
Nebulae
I hope to release a server asap, but we wish to start on a base that won't screw us over in the long run and that has plenty of support; which TG does.
Who knows, maybe we get a server up in a week or so :<)
No promises but we are trying.
Maybe even para?

Merged:
Okay we are using Paradise, as decided yesterday.
First thing we are going try is adding in Gang Wars from Tg and possibly add a pirate game mode.
Also remove extended round from rotation.
Stay tuned for next time when clown goes killer over spilled ice cream cup!
@Blackquill
no lizard or bird people please

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
wew mega bump

this game is all i played for years on end and has more content than 90% of games out there besides dwarf fortress and rimworld

and its free

i still GM hippiestation from time to time, though its got its own problems with shitters ruining it for everyone else by skirting the rules

Clark

Proton
Nebulae
Nebulae
a problem with it though is the codebase you are going to use and how to be unique so you can attract players. another problem is getting coders. another problem is the actual code language anyway because it's the worst best language out there.

also another problem is actually getting people to donate as well as finding a way for donators to get benefits that don't seem snowflakey, cough cough paradise

would be interesting though.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Talked with @alex way long ago about an SS13 server and why he seems so hesitant on having it
If he didn't change his mind, this is the reason why (from what I remember, correct me if I'm wrong Alex)

"The engine for SS13 just simply isn't good enough, it's a piece of shit and difficult to code for, along with being unstable as hell. If SS13 was on a newer engine that wasn't byond, one that worked well and was stable, SS13 would definitely be a possibility, but it's not " that's a rough memory of what I believe Alex said

I also think we don't have anyone who knows how to code for ss13? I've tried it once or twice and it's heck.

Nebulae
Talked with @alex
I also think we don't have anyone who knows how to code for ss13? I've tried it once or twice and it's heck.
i can somewhat code and understand DM but anyway
Talked with @alex
"The engine for SS13 just simply isn't good enough, it's a piece of shit and difficult to code for, along with being unstable as hell. If SS13 was on a newer engine that wasn't byond, one that worked well and was stable, SS13 would definitely be a possibility, but it's not " that's a rough memory of what I believe Alex said
did somebody say SS13 REMAKE!!!!!!

https://www.patreon.com/ss3d https://www.patreon.com/ss3d https://www.patreon.com/ss3d

nah but being serious here, this remake right here shows real promise. it's being made in unity so it's C#. so if alex decided to change his mind, he should consider SS3D also but these are just my ramblings.

also

click on the image if you want to know the problems with byond

Clouds

Mr. Weedmans
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
he's not wrong about byond being an absolute dogshit engine

if it isn't optimized it lags like fuck especially when big shit happens to the station like narsie, tankvalve bombs, etc.