News Summer is here!

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
And with summer, comes news (and updates)!

Hope summer is treating you well so far - got a few things to go over in this mini summer update so I'll start with:

Premium Discount:
From now until the 10th of july, we're offering a 20% discount on new premium purchases; this can be accessed by using the discount code: SUMMER2019 - Just wanted to add that we're extremely thankful for all the support we get via premium memberships and we're looking to add new features in the close future. That may or may not include a certain few whitelists, one of which can fly and only make squawking noises. Have fun!

Moving on:

We've also been working on some requested reforms to the resistance rp scene, as well as throwing a new system into the mix to add some self sufficiency

Upcoming Rebel RP reform:
The following contains a lot of text so I'll be putting it in a spoiler - this is taken directly from a thread in the trader hidden section where we were gathering some feedback. I encourage you to offer your feedback on these changes before they go live, as they will be going full live in the close future after adjustments are made:
So myself, Jay, alex and some others have been discussing these things internally for a while now and it's time to push it towards the traders themselves and get your feedback on the changes we're currently looking at. These are by no means final and we are open to adjusting them with your feedback.

First off - establishing independant traders:
  • The idea behind this: There are two tiers of trader.
  • Railway traders who will not have any inherit restriction flags they can hold (So, in short - if you're someone who has worked for flags; you're not being forced to give any up)
  • Independant traders: Non railway entities that will have limitations on the flags they can hold, however they will be allowed to discriminate and sell to whoever they want, affiliate and join groups, conflicts etc.
To add to this: @Jaydawg is currently aiming to supply every Railway trader with their own private container, one that you will also be allowed to share with any other trader. We currently are looking at keeping the fee, but it's subject to change with feedback

Second of all - The caravan:
  • The idea behind this: A supplemental system that aims to give any resistance character a chance to get items of various rarities. Essentially, one way to help alleviate dependency on item spawners/events
  • It will be an administrator ran, event characters with no ties to any group nor any investment in IC stuff. Another supplemental neutral faction to provide benefits to all rebel players regardless of what group etc.
  • More information on this idea will be posted in its own thread with lore and further details
Thirdly - Ammo crafting:
Ammo crafting was made slightly easier, you now only need paper instead of empty ammo boxes. This is a small change, but worth letting you all know about.

New Farming system:

on top of the above - a system I teased in the screenshot thread with a meme. One of the issues we've seen repeated significantly was about food scripts and the reliance on script spawns, events and/or admins. With that in mind, @alex for the past few days has been working on a fully functioning farm system that will basically allow for rebels to run their own small farms self sufficiently without reliance on admins. The only thing you'll need admins to do is spawn and set it up and from there it's completely down to players to manage and handle.

The system will get it's own guide on how it works and will be explained there, but this is something that has been added after heavy player feedback. I hope players enjoy this change. Special thanks to alex for adding this for us!

Events?:
Indeed.

There's a few events currently in the works, I've been working on one specifically for cab as I mentioned to @Whilt recently. Other staff members have been looking into doing mini-events for players over the next few weeks and I'm sure we'll round off summer with another 100 slotter event. I am sorry if everyone feels we've been slower on events recently, we've had some activity problems with one of our event managers and are currently looking into getting the ball rolling again so to speak.

Suggestions/Feedback:
I'm hoping to go over as many suggestions as I can relatively soon, it's no easy task given the quantity and how passionate people can be about their ideas sometimes; but I'm sure it'll all turn out fine. Expect suggestions to undergo review, whether that means accepting/denial is down to the suggestion itself.

One final note!:
Would like to once again, thank those who have supported the community until this point - while the good times far surpass the bad times; it can get pretty rough sometimes and with that I'd like to extend a special thanks to the people who've helped us make it this far; my fellow headstaff, staff team, friends and most importantly the players.

Hope you enjoyed this summer update thread, I might make update threads like this more frequently depending on the feedback. Have lovely summer everyone!

D

Deleted member 6062

dDiLHhl.jpg

D

Deleted member 5162

So, earlier you spoke about forum reforms that were made by Impulse and Alex. What's the progress on it?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
So, earlier you spoke about forum reforms that were made by Impulse and Alex. What's the progress on it?
I think that was put on hold due to other stuff coming up, I'll ask alex about it when he's around see if I can get back to you.

Reactions: List

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
New Farming system:
on top of the above - a system I teased in the screenshot thread with a meme. One of the issues we've seen repeated significantly was about food scripts and the reliance on script spawns, events and/or admins. With that in mind, @alex for the past few days has been working on a fully functioning farm system that will basically allow for rebels to run their own small farms self sufficiently without reliance on admins. The only thing you'll need admins to do is spawn and set it up and from there it's completely down to players to manage and handle.

gH9ZXAX.jpg

Reactions: List