rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

NFj9qZC.gif

SWORD-1
The Fractured Soldier

Outskirts of City 17, Grid Y30D0
2023, an unknown time after the fall of City 17

Memories flood back into my mind uncontrolled, I need stasis but there is no functioning stasis device around as long as our deployment is unusable. A horrible place for our train to break down. I remember- ̷̹͌͠m̸̩̄̾ý̴̟ ̷̪̔̅ġ̵͔͚̱l̴̙̙̫̓o̶͎̍r̶̯̂̈́̃i̷̛̱̥͍̾̈́ō̶̪̐̚u̸͕̗͠s̷̲͌̆ ̸̢̞͎͑͒̅s̸̮͛͌͠ͅţ̵̻̤̃̕a̶̢͍͕͛͘n̴͈̭̜̔̾d̷̜͠ ̴͎̗̆-defense against an assault by heretical forces during our deployment near Odessa. All teams were deployed from the base and at the time I was the only one capable of defense. I did my best against the onslaught as I called out for reinforcements with little response. My vision faded as I̸͔̰͈̒͝ ̶̊̎́͜ĝ̷̫̙̞͊ā̵͙̈́v̷̹̊̇͘ͅȇ̸̬͈ ̶͔̟̝̊́̿i̸̦̊͜t̸̨̩̬͌ ̴̯͔̄̿͠ͅm̷͎̼̃̿͝ͅy̵͈͑̓ ̵̡̙͉̎͋͝ă̷̧̜l̷̡̈͋l̷̼̈́͑ ̷̟̩̣͊t̶̯̀͠o̴̩̓ ̷̙̲̾ṫ̴̲̹̕e̵̯̺͐a̷̞͙͌͊̀r̵̬͈͎͒͌̓ ̸͈͂͊̎t̴͉̝̹̾h̷͖̹̩̀̿̈́e̸͎̍ͅm̷̞̐̌̕ ̷̢̩̹̕ä̸̧́ḻ̸͉̒l̵͓̝̬̓́͒ ̸̢͍͉̏̊p̸̧̱͉̀́ĩ̴̝͊e̴̜̱̳̎͛̀c̴̤̦̪͛ḛ̸̽͘ ̵̘͓̚f̶̡̔r̴̟̙̲̃͊̒ò̴̱̞̍̕m̵͉̬̾͝ ̶͔͕̳̑̍̃p̷͚͔͐ỉ̶̡̪͝e̶͕̥͓̅c̸̛͇͝e̵̡̨̊̉.̷̑. Luckily synthetic forces responded, two hunters arrived and made short work of whatever remained a̶̮͒̑m̵̪̱̓͂̉ͅi̶̤͑̚d̸̜̦͍̊s̸̬̘͖̏ť̶̺̻̜͝ ̸̫̼͔̍t̴̨̝͉̐̑̿h̶̩̳̳̉̿̔e̷̻͠į̴̨̽ŗ̷̠͋̋̚͜ ̸̯̣̯̕l̸̩̟̅̈́́ǒ̶͖̑v̶̝̳̉e̷̟̬̿̂͒l̴̺̤̅̋y̴̧̓͗ ̶̰̳̎̓̽ṣ̴͓̃͋c̴͔͕̆r̴̞͇̗̓e̶̡͈̙͌͂͘a̴̼͐̎͠m̷̰͘s̶̟͌ ̴͔͑̔͠o̵̳͑f̴̰́ ̴͖̂̃a̸̞̩̫͂g̸̳̎̓ó̶̢̭͊͘n̶̠̞͍͑̽y̴̥̔. Soon after I woke up, I couldn't remember exactly how I went out but half my vision was missing. Luckily that was both fixed and improved with the aid of our benefactors.

Sector 6, City 24
2023, A week before the fall of Geneva

Maintain a sharp and focused mind, and listen to directives. Advance to assault positions. The thoughts echo through my mind, we stand in the bunker system below the lost territory of the city. As we discuss what direction to go I faintly hear the sound of footsteps beyond a door of the corridor. Before I can report it the door opens revealing a heretical silhouette. The team rapidly chases them down as our cover is broken and they die without much second thought. We split up in the chaos and maintained our directives assaulting from various sides.

We flooded their base, our task only made difficult through the location as we have to take out an anti-air system at all costs. I ran through and- ̷̥̐̈̀b̷͙̤͆̕͜͝ù̶̥͌̕t̷̝̿ć̵̰͇̹h̴̗́ḛ̶͛͋͠ŗ̸̺̰͠e̸̢͝d̵̨͑ ̵͚͈̉̃̚͜m̵̦̖̝̆́̎ŷ̵̨́̆ ̶̩̲̃̽f̷̛̩̯̆̀ó̸̠̠̝̈ë̴̦̞́̂̔s̷͎̎͛͑ ̶̡̝̮̀͌͋w̴̦͈͐̒̾i̸̲͎͈̍̆͘t̶̘̏͠h̸̟̾o̸̯͗͗́u̷̻͍͚̐̅͊t̶̩̬͐̇ ̴̤̺̙͌͛m̸͙̽̈́͘e̸͈͛͝͝r̶̟̰̈́̿̚c̶̰̏͌̕y̴̢̘͠. -eliminated those who stood in our way. Soon we had control and as the explosives were getting planted I joined the team holding against the hostile reinforcements. I arrived only to see a door swing open and the iconic green charge of the abomination revealing itself. I quickly lowered myself to the ground in an effort to avoid the oncoming beam and to my surprise, I did. Afterwards, I got up and ̶̱͍͎̀̇̅u̶̥͈̣̔ṋ̴̍̊͊l̷͎͋̇͘ō̴̻̰a̴̩̖̲̍͌̍d̷̖̭͗͊̽ę̸̭̿d̸̼͌͜ ̵̼̺̀̿͠m̶͉̬̙̋͝y̴̡̜̾̐̈́ ̶̢̛̱͒m̵̙̞̋̇a̵͉̾͛g̸̢̏̓͒å̸͕͆͋͜ͅz̷̹̼̰̒î̴̲͠ṇ̷̡̯̾ȇ̸͕̭͝ ̷̯͔́i̴̝̾n̴͔̑ṫ̷̨̤o̶̯̚ ̴͎̕͜t̸̼̬͇̓̄̔h̶̹̭̾͝e̸͕̬̻͒̍͘ ̶̛̖̞̒ã̸͚̤͆͒b̵̗͋ͅö̸̧̨̥́m̸̻̎̂ḭ̴̠̤̈́n̶̬̻̽̓̎ḁ̴̟̿t̶̬̭͇͐̽̾i̸̠͘ó̷̹̗̤͋͘n̸͕͕̽̽ ̷̠̱̌o̶̫͉͎͗̅f̶̧̩̭͂ ̵̡̢̣̅̈́a̶̘̦͆̌̀ ̶͇͚͍̈́͘c̷͕̰̉̓̚ȑ̴̪͒é̷̠͕̦̓ả̶̧͛t̵͍̙̒ụ̵̕r̸̪̳͍̆e̵̱͛̕ ̶̘͝t̶͈̼͕́̾̂o̵͔̯̩͗̀ ̶͎̓̈́̈́q̷͓̋͛͝ụ̷͊i̵̯̮̪͆͂̀c̷͇̆k̴̠̲̮̈́̾ĺ̵̜y̴͎̌͘ ̴̲̈́̄͆ȩ̵͚̄n̸̢͙͍̂͛͝d̵̯̰̾̄̄ ̵̹̋́̎i̴̩̒t̶͖͝s̸͎͚̲̈́́ ̶̺̃m̴̭̓͗i̷͖̙̓͠s̸̩͌͠e̵͈̲̽͑͠r̴̡̤͚̆̑͂á̶̼͠b̸̗͎̺͆̾l̵̡̨̒ē̷̡͖̋ ̴̫̱̰̋̚l̸̛͚̺ì̵̭̀͜f̸̮̻̅͘ͅë̷͈̪ ̵̺̥̽. I didn't secure the kill but one of the others did. ̷͙͑Ś̶͖̺̥̌o̶̳͑̃̀o̶̢̙̭͂͠ņ̷͔̥͐̇̐ ̸̗͔̍́̿I̶̯͚̪̾ ̵̲̀͘w̷̻̗̗̔̄̏o̵̗̪̝͌͌̏ȕ̴̢̘͎ĺ̷͚̭̼̂d̶͍͗͠ ̶̨̦̿͛ͅg̸̲̳̜̉̓̔ȅ̸͉̓t̴̜͗ ̵̢͎̕ḿ̷͖y̴̪̯̏ ̶̜̺͝v̸̝̊͜e̷̩͋́͝n̶̰͉͑g̴̰͊͊͑ė̴̳̗̗a̷̔͜ň̴̦̬͈c̸̤̹͋̌̏ẻ̷͖̣̓ ̸̧̭̈̕ọ̴͉̫̇͑͝n̶̘̍ ̵̬̓̍̕a̴̛̲ͅņ̵͕̌̅͜͠o̶͇̩̥̓͂t̴̛͔͉̎͒h̵̢͉̰̀͝ȩ̸͙́͜r̸̡͕̪͐̍̊ ̸̤̝̇ä̵͈́b̶̰̳͙̅ỏ̸̢̻͚̋͐m̵̱̐͗̀i̷̙̹̽̎͝n̸̜̒̉̃a̷̡̡̛͛͠t̵͇̠̋̋̍i̷̯̣̳̓͗͋ơ̷̦ň̷̟̥͝ ̴̛̘̇͠a̶̤̪̚s̶̰̘̃́ ̶̘̚ẅ̶̢̩͙͐́e̴͊͜͝ ̷̨̢̈́̕͜e̵̻̹̗̋̿x̸͕͉̹̃͘t̵̘̖̂͋r̴̬̣̖̄́̅a̸̛͖̎c̵̦̠̙̾t̶̼́̋̈́ẹ̸̎d̶̗͇̅͜ ̴͎̫̮̆͌f̵͕͙͑ȋ̷͎̯̺͘͠l̶̟̋̓͂ͅͅl̶̩̬̼̈́̐͝i̸̢̎͝n̸̘̮̜̽g̴͖͂ ̸̞̆i̸͎͂͐̌ț̸͗ ̸̦̖̓̒̑ͅw̸͚͊͒į̵̃̆t̷̟̯̪̍͝h̴̠̜̖̀̉ ̸̬̔͂l̶̰͚͈̿é̴͎̝͎͊a̴͓̼̓̉d̴̻͗̉͊. ̶̜̉. When the explosives got planted, I adhered to the new directives and spearheaded our extraction. Eliminating the little resistance on the way. Sadly, one of ours had to sacrifice themselves to detonate the explosives properly. In the end, it was a worthy sacrifice.

Sector 6 Citadel, Grid K40Y9-203
2023, A week after the fall of Geneva

Staring into the distance I see the pillars of smoke from the righteous defence our forces put up down there against the heretical assaults. Visible even from here. I should stand by and wait for- f̷̪̂͘o̷̮͆͠r̷̪̄ ̶̗͍̅̂m̷̤͝o̵̥̿̿̈r̸͖͚̗̿̈̀e̵̤̳̓̓̇̒ ̴̣̘̲̾r̴͈̘̒͘i̶̗̹̿̑g̸̨̱̽͂h̸̡̤̽̇͌t̷̠̽͐̑ȩ̴͖̟̍̽̋o̴̝̊̊ṳ̶̡̬́̾͝s̴̖̅̈́͝ ̸̻̔̍b̵͖̳̯̱̽l̷̤͛o̶̢͍͈̍̇͊ơ̵͕̭̹͒̏͒͜d̷̦͐͝ͅš̸̙̦͛͗͝h̷̤̭̀̐̂̽ͅe̵̻̻̍́͛d̷̳̍.- advanced directives. My head pounds, an intense headache piercing through me as my thoughts muddled. As if various people try to grab control of my actions. It's been a while since my last stasis cycle, I should take one now. I can barely make out my own thoughts. Slowly I compose myself enough to start moving to the nearest stasis chamber.

The halls echo with b̸̧̝́͒e̸̱͕͗á̷̤̝̺ṷ̷̻͜͝t̷̟̼̤̂̍͝i̷̬͇̋̄̎f̴̝͕̅͂̾u̶̡͝l̷̥͘l̷̠̦͛̎ screams from the servitors. A horrible fate they all deserve for betraying our benefactors. I cannot help but think back to the battles in 24, ẗ̷͓͝h̵͔͍̍̄e̵̙͂͝ ̸̘̂ͅr̶̬͋́u̶̲͋š̵̥͈̮ĥ̸̲̘͊̄ ̵̟̗̝̋f̸̟̿͌r̸̤̦͕̔̇͆ȍ̸̹͇̼ḿ̷͎͕͝ ̴͈͍̺̈́̄t̵̩̍h̴̪̥͛e̸͉͉̥̾ ̴͔̰͋̄̅b̷̜̂ã̴̳̙̄̚t̵͔̩̑̏̿ͅt̷̜̲̔͝l̵̦̀͑̽ȇ̸̠̖́͌s̸̲̫͌̍͝, the speech indicating our victory, our failure to hold ground and the loss of our brothers and sisters in arms for every inch. Amidst my loss in thoughts, I lose my sense of direction for a moment. My body walking on autopilot as if it knows where to go. Soon I arrive at a stasis room, my sense of direction rapidly returning. I hope this cycle rids me of this pounding headache

Sector 6, Grid A-L93K2
2023, 4 Days after crash-landing
IxQaTDk.png

Our arrival in this section of the mountains was unexpected, the corruption hiding in the heart of these mountains needs to be assessed and if possible eliminated. In a few days, we have uncovered facilities and secrets we've either been ignoring or forgotten about until our arrival. To our luck, we've uncovered a location suitable to base at while performing our sacred duty.

The piercing blizzard provides useful cover, which in combination with the thick snow on the ground masks the sound of our movement well enough to the point we snuck up on two heretics who thought they inadvertently wandered too close to our base. They didn't put up much of a fight -̵͉̩͓͎̉̊ ̶̨̧̟̜̇̾̏Į̸͕̼̰̅͘ ̸͎́̈́͘ȏ̸̯̜͖̻͒͛n̵̡̰̯̄͒̊l̷̖͛͊̎̇y̵̛̳̖͝ ̶̘̺̮̟̈͆̔ẃ̷͙̚ḯ̷̧̹̮͉̚s̴̡͎͉̮̋̌͒ḣ̸͖̺͙̙̇͛ ̸̰̯̼͇̃̓Ḯ̵̼̜͕ ̴̡̫̱͆̊c̶͎̜̜̞̒͐̓̏ǫ̸̙̋̿̈́̾ͅủ̵̡̝l̸̮̝̪̀͒d̷̺̫̭̓͗̇͠ ̴̞̞̇̒͐̕h̸̼̰̺́͐͒ẽ̸͕̚͝a̷̟͌̓r̷̦͐ͅ ̴̞͈́̈͝ẗ̵̰̭́͜h̷̹͒̓e̵̲̎̽̿͠i̶̧̳̞̰͂̀́̎r̶̨̫͉̕̚ ̴̨̫̙̐̒́͜b̶͕͉̪̓̔́̈́͜è̸̛̗̕a̸̦͎̬̳̿̋ṳ̷̢̗̟̀͑͒̄ẗ̵̹̰͓i̸̠̯̱̝̐͗̄f̵̝̜͒̚ȕ̵̫͠͝l̵̥͚͍̲̈͝,̷͖̬̗̉̈́̀͘ ̴͇̃́̈́͠ã̴̦̯̞͝ģ̷̺̖̏́̓̕ͅȯ̸͎̆ǹ̴̰̹̱͍̏ì̸͕̌̓͘z̵̧̢̼̤̔̈͝i̶͇͕̰̾̎ń̴̡͔͖̙g̴̤̾̽ ̵̰͒̾͆͌s̴̡̮̹̯̈̈c̸̬̽r̶͓͍̮͊e̶̤͑̄ã̵͎̓ͅm̶̛̤̘̻̗̋̐̚s̵̙̏̃̽͝ ̷̹̱̽̂͑̕a̸̦̝̠͊̿̚s̶̰͙̐͂͂ ̶͖̹̓̓̍͜b̵̞̦̍̏͒͜ͅu̶̙̫̤̚̚l̷̬͉̿̽͑l̵̪͛͊e̸̳͓̅́ẗ̷̮̳̳̫͌̚͘s̶̼̤͎̻͗ ̶̗͉͍͓̎͐̕ţ̷̞͚̻́ơ̴̧͉̝̱̄̽̔ŗ̶͔̍̓̓ẽ̵͕͇̮̻̅ ̶̟̠̈́̂̒̕t̸̞̗̒̇h̶̨͈̓͌̕e̶̝̥̓m̷̰͔̈́͜ͅ ̴̝̑̀͒t̸̠̫̳̀͂̕ő̷̪̫̻͇̀ ̸̻͔̭͋š̷͍̓h̴͍̼͉̽ř̷̡̪͖̚ě̷̢̀̌͜d̶̰̼͌̚ͅs̸̛͉̰͎͗͒́ͅ ̸̯̐̂̽͝-̵̂͑

The mountains have quickly grown to be second nature for me and combined with the map we uncovered it has made traversal easy for me. Often times I find myself guiding my brothers and sisters to our righteous tasks. Soon we will flush the terrified contaminants from the heart of these mountains as they scurry underneath the surface.

Sector 6, Grid A-L93K2
2023, 5 Days after crash-landing

A shot rings through the storm, a round piercing through my visor as I am thrown into darkness. I run on my memory of these mountains alone.
Seek cover, get back, preserve- re-establish in the name of the benefactor and r̵̖͛̄e̸̯̋͑-̸̢̟̀͠e̷̩̣͛n̷̫̔͆g̴̤̋̓a̸̛͍g̸̥͐͘͜e̷͎͉̋ ̸̫̻̕t̷͈͛ȟ̷͈̿é̵͍ ̶̟͆ẹ̸̙́n̸̟̬̑ę̷̋m̴̹̮͌̈́ÿ̵̝̘́́,̶͈̎ ̶͚͠d̸̺̽̌e̸̘̋͜s̶̛̻̦t̵̳̰͠r̶̮͒ö̷̖́͝ỳ̶̺ ̸̺̇͒t̷̬͘h̵͔́́ẻ̵͈m̶̡͉͑̔,̸͕̰̀̂ ̶̭͘t̸͎̪̀̒e̵͕͝a̴͚̘͑̈́r̷̤̾̚ ̶̘̍t̸̻̩͊h̸̡̿ẹ̵̹͌̚ṃ̶͊ ̶͕̳̒͌ḻ̸̑̕î̴̖̂m̸̧̼͋ḅ̶̟̽͒ ̸̭͙̀̓f̸͇̕͜r̵̳͖͛̈́o̴͔͚͑̉m̶͓̐̕ ̴̝̎̔l̶̹̼̆̀î̸̘̠-̶͖̥̆
Another shot pierces through the snow, I feel it tear through my insides in what feels like decades as my body gives out and drops.

Shallow breaths as I feel myself losing consciousness, the cold overcoming me. I'm not sure if it's death or these mountains claiming me, perhaps both. Slowly I appear to regain my vision as the void is replaced with long, stretched-out wastes of snow. An odd sense of calm as a snowstorm rolls over, claiming any far-away vision I had. I feel it's chill as a comforting blanket.

A force I cannot identify pulls me up, Looking around I begin walking in a random direction that felt right. Slowly every step takes me into deeper and deeper snow until suddenly I fall back through into darkness. Dropping onto another cold plateau, I look up to find 3 figures I can barely make out sitting in chairs, I can feel them judging me, their power over me.

DW7AcV9.gif

My directives aren't complete. I am failing this war effort, failing our benefactors. Adhere. Stand up.
-But I died in the name of the Union? I-
Live to serve. The benefactors granted me ascension and this is how I repay them? Dying in the dirt?
Our duty doesn't end until we cannot do anything else but die, I can live.

I-
A̸m̵ ̸n̵o̷t̴ ̸d̷o̵n̵e̷ ̵w̷i̴t̸h̷ ̵t̴h̵i̶s̴ ̶g̴l̸o̵r̶i̷o̶u̷s̸ ̵w̴a̵r̶,̷ ̴s̵o̶ ̸m̷a̷n̴y̵ ̸m̵o̶r̶e̸ ̷t̴o̶ ̵k̸i̷l̴l̸,̵ ̵d̷e̸s̸t̶r̴o̵y̶,̵ ̸a̴n̷d̴ ̶o̶b̷l̵i̴t̷e̷r̵a̴t̷e̸.̸ ̷W̶h̶y̸ ̸l̵e̷a̸v̷e̶ ̸t̵h̴e̶ ̶f̸u̵n̷ ̶n̷o̴w̷?̵ ̴

"<:: -Dat stabilizing, initiating stasis. ::>"
I feel myself getting lifted up from the back. My head can't help but look up as this external force influences me again.
My thoughts slowly drift away back into this snowy wind, assuring me I'll wake up soon.

[W.I.P.]
[To-do list: Update with older events and maybe add a relations/opinions of section]

Last edited:
Nebulae
f̷̪̂͘o̷̮͆͠r̷̪̄ ̶̗͍̅̂m̷̤͝o̵̥̿̿̈r̸͖͚̗̿̈̀e̵̤̳̓̓̇̒ ̴̣̘̲̾r̴͈̘̒͘i̶̗̹̿̑g̸̨̱̽͂h̸̡̤̽̇͌t̷̠̽͐̑ȩ̴͖̟̍̽̋o̴̝̊̊ṳ̶̡̬́̾͝s̴̖̅̈́͝ ̸̻̔̍b̵͖̳̯̱̽l̷̤͛o̶̢͍͈̍̇͊ơ̵͕̭̹͒̏͒͜d̷̦͐͝ͅš̸̙̦͛͗͝h̷̤̭̀̐̂̽ͅe̵̻̻̍́͛d̷̳̍.
A mix of the man's religiously side and his manic psychopathic side merge with one another.

Reactions: List

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Updated
Sector 6, Grid A-L93K2
2023, 4 Days after crash-landing
IxQaTDk.png

Our arrival in this section of the mountains was unexpected, the corruption hiding in the heart of these mountains needs to be assessed and if possible eliminated. In a few days, we have uncovered facilities and secrets we've either been ignoring or forgotten about until our arrival. To our luck, we've uncovered a location suitable to base at while performing our sacred duty.

The piercing blizzard provides useful cover, which in combination with the thick snow on the ground masks the sound of our movement well enough to the point we snuck up on two heretics who thought they inadvertently wandered too close to our base. They didn't put up much of a fight -̵͉̩͓͎̉̊ ̶̨̧̟̜̇̾̏Į̸͕̼̰̅͘ ̸͎́̈́͘ȏ̸̯̜͖̻͒͛n̵̡̰̯̄͒̊l̷̖͛͊̎̇y̵̛̳̖͝ ̶̘̺̮̟̈͆̔ẃ̷͙̚ḯ̷̧̹̮͉̚s̴̡͎͉̮̋̌͒ḣ̸͖̺͙̙̇͛ ̸̰̯̼͇̃̓Ḯ̵̼̜͕ ̴̡̫̱͆̊c̶͎̜̜̞̒͐̓̏ǫ̸̙̋̿̈́̾ͅủ̵̡̝l̸̮̝̪̀͒d̷̺̫̭̓͗̇͠ ̴̞̞̇̒͐̕h̸̼̰̺́͐͒ẽ̸͕̚͝a̷̟͌̓r̷̦͐ͅ ̴̞͈́̈͝ẗ̵̰̭́͜h̷̹͒̓e̵̲̎̽̿͠i̶̧̳̞̰͂̀́̎r̶̨̫͉̕̚ ̴̨̫̙̐̒́͜b̶͕͉̪̓̔́̈́͜è̸̛̗̕a̸̦͎̬̳̿̋ṳ̷̢̗̟̀͑͒̄ẗ̵̹̰͓i̸̠̯̱̝̐͗̄f̵̝̜͒̚ȕ̵̫͠͝l̵̥͚͍̲̈͝,̷͖̬̗̉̈́̀͘ ̴͇̃́̈́͠ã̴̦̯̞͝ģ̷̺̖̏́̓̕ͅȯ̸͎̆ǹ̴̰̹̱͍̏ì̸͕̌̓͘z̵̧̢̼̤̔̈͝i̶͇͕̰̾̎ń̴̡͔͖̙g̴̤̾̽ ̵̰͒̾͆͌s̴̡̮̹̯̈̈c̸̬̽r̶͓͍̮͊e̶̤͑̄ã̵͎̓ͅm̶̛̤̘̻̗̋̐̚s̵̙̏̃̽͝ ̷̹̱̽̂͑̕a̸̦̝̠͊̿̚s̶̰͙̐͂͂ ̶͖̹̓̓̍͜b̵̞̦̍̏͒͜ͅu̶̙̫̤̚̚l̷̬͉̿̽͑l̵̪͛͊e̸̳͓̅́ẗ̷̮̳̳̫͌̚͘s̶̼̤͎̻͗ ̶̗͉͍͓̎͐̕ţ̷̞͚̻́ơ̴̧͉̝̱̄̽̔ŗ̶͔̍̓̓ẽ̵͕͇̮̻̅ ̶̟̠̈́̂̒̕t̸̞̗̒̇h̶̨͈̓͌̕e̶̝̥̓m̷̰͔̈́͜ͅ ̴̝̑̀͒t̸̠̫̳̀͂̕ő̷̪̫̻͇̀ ̸̻͔̭͋š̷͍̓h̴͍̼͉̽ř̷̡̪͖̚ě̷̢̀̌͜d̶̰̼͌̚ͅs̸̛͉̰͎͗͒́ͅ ̸̯̐̂̽͝-̵̂͑

The mountains have quickly grown to be second nature for me and combined with the map we uncovered it has made traversal easy for myself. Often times I find myself guiding my brothers and sisters to our righteous tasks. Soon we will flush the terrified contaminants from the heart of these mountains as they scurry underneath the surface.

Last edited:

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Updated
Sector 6, Grid A-L93K2
2023, 5 Days after crash-landing

A shot rings through the storm, a round piercing through my visor as I am thrown into darkness. I run on my memory of these mountains alone.
Seek cover, get back, preserve- re-establish in the name of the benefactor and r̵̖͛̄e̸̯̋͑-̸̢̟̀͠e̷̩̣͛n̷̫̔͆g̴̤̋̓a̸̛͍g̸̥͐͘͜e̷͎͉̋ ̸̫̻̕t̷͈͛ȟ̷͈̿é̵͍ ̶̟͆ẹ̸̙́n̸̟̬̑ę̷̋m̴̹̮͌̈́ÿ̵̝̘́́,̶͈̎ ̶͚͠d̸̺̽̌e̸̘̋͜s̶̛̻̦t̵̳̰͠r̶̮͒ö̷̖́͝ỳ̶̺ ̸̺̇͒t̷̬͘h̵͔́́ẻ̵͈m̶̡͉͑̔,̸͕̰̀̂ ̶̭͘t̸͎̪̀̒e̵͕͝a̴͚̘͑̈́r̷̤̾̚ ̶̘̍t̸̻̩͊h̸̡̿ẹ̵̹͌̚ṃ̶͊ ̶͕̳̒͌ḻ̸̑̕î̴̖̂m̸̧̼͋ḅ̶̟̽͒ ̸̭͙̀̓f̸͇̕͜r̵̳͖͛̈́o̴͔͚͑̉m̶͓̐̕ ̴̝̎̔l̶̹̼̆̀î̸̘̠-̶͖̥̆
Another shot pierces through the snow, I feel it tear through my insides in what feels like decades as my body gives out and drops.

Shallow breaths as I feel myself losing consciousness, the cold overcoming me. I'm not sure if it's death or these mountains claiming me, perhaps both. Slowly I appear to regain my vision as the void is replaced with long, stretched-out wastes of snow. An odd sense of calm as a snowstorm rolls over, claiming any far-away vision I had. I feel it's chill as a comforting blanket.

A force I cannot identify pulls me up, Looking around I begin walking in a random direction that felt right. Slowly every step takes me into deeper and deeper snow until suddenly I fall back through into darkness. Dropping onto another cold plateau, I look up to find 3 figures I can barely make out sitting in chairs, I can feel them judging me, their power over me.

DW7AcV9.gif

My directives aren't complete. I am failing this war effort, failing our benefactors. Adhere. Stand up.
-But I died in the name of the Union? I-
Live to serve. The benefactors granted me ascension and this is how I repay them? Dying in the dirt?
Our duty doesn't end until we cannot do anything else but die, I can live.

I-
A̸m̵ ̸n̵o̷t̴ ̸d̷o̵n̵e̷ ̵w̷i̴t̸h̷ ̵t̴h̵i̶s̴ ̶g̴l̸o̵r̶i̷o̶u̷s̸ ̵w̴a̵r̶,̷ ̴s̵o̶ ̸m̷a̷n̴y̵ ̸m̵o̶r̶e̸ ̷t̴o̶ ̵k̸i̷l̴l̸,̵ ̵d̷e̸s̸t̶r̴o̵y̶,̵ ̸a̴n̷d̴ ̶o̶b̷l̵i̴t̷e̷r̵a̴t̷e̸.̸ ̷W̶h̶y̸ ̸l̵e̷a̸v̷e̶ ̸t̵h̴e̶ ̶f̸u̵n̷ ̶n̷o̴w̷?̵ ̴

"<:: -Dat stabilizing, initiating stasis. ::>"
I feel myself getting lifted up from the back. My head can't help but look up as this external force influences me again.
My thoughts slowly drift away back into this snowy wind, assuring me I'll wake up soon.

Last edited:

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Sector 6, Grid A-L95L3
2023, One week before assigned relocation.

:: Biodat 0... updating precision... 0.47, Survival prox.. 7% ::
Darkness envelops my vision, why am I here?

Death
Duty
Failure

And what of the heresy on our planet? We have yet to kill them all! Mission success is not yet assured.

Even in the darkness, without lids to do so, I close my phantom eyes. I envision my arm to my left.
Utilize helix asset. Attempt stabilization.
All my energy drives into my arm. A final effort.
Perform your duty, fight the hands of death. The benefactors did not make you just to simply die!
My fingers bend, and a breath painful beyond explanation escapes me followed by another.
Are you going to simply lie down and die? We haven't even gotten our revenge yet!
My arm bends, and shocks of pain send through my mind as it does, moving to one of my pouches.
Inject stim-dose, attempt contact.
My hand wraps around the injector, I press it against myself before its needle pierces into my veins.
The pain doesn't leave, A gasp of air as my muscles feel invigorated.
My wounds healed enough to delay death for another moment.
I quickly reach for my medical supplies, performing what little I can in this state to prevent me from dying completely.

A blur follows as if I'm on autopilot.

My senses kick back in, I'm leaning for support holding a corridor.
In front of me a heretic deserving of death, vengeance.

The ripcord call echoes through the channels, I ask what to do with him.
Kill him or take him with us.
My body echoes with happiness, death it is but he could survive servitor-conversion- No! Don't deny me vengeance!- Servitor status serves him a much worse punishment- But we got him right here! It just takes on- Is this better than a life of torment?

My mind fell silent, It's as if switches flipped, currents joined, and a decision was made.
Let's see how he enjoys servitor status, a life of suffering will be my vengeance and my contribution.

We were hauled off back to our camps, his pathetic breaths of air will soon serve our benefactors.

Last edited: