Accepted Syntax's Vortigaunt Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebulae
Steam name: Syntax
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:755502223
Previous experience with Vortigaunt factions: None.
Have you read the Vortigaunt Guide?: Yes.

Character Name: 'The grievous' (Title they gave themself.)
What kind of character do you plan on portraying? How do their traits distinguish them from the rest of their species?: Whilst they play as per a usual neutral vortigaunt they are more akin to helping with emotional situations, wishing to maintain the sanity of all around them and reconciling with those who wish to wrong them. A creature of empathy to all that is not the combine. Seeing the combine as the one true THING that cannot be saved.
Brief Backstory:
Before the demolishing of the combine, the vortigaunt was chained to the baffling restrictions of it's regime

. Being forced into menial and daunting tasks each day, barely granted what was needed to maintain it.

Abused intensely. It was a roughly lived life, something of that much had broken it during it's time. And upon the day of the combines downfall, you'd imagine that the creature would simply escape without much asked, and once they did that they would end up within far from it's original city. Coming across a small village, a local setup resistance base.

That of which whilst in it's nature was crumbling still held the courtesy to aid the vortigaunt within it's travels. They respected, they talked to, and helped him relax despite the situation at hand for once, it felt tranquility once more in the air. This, made the creature feel that most if not all humans have a kindhearted soul buried deep within them.

and so they wish to distribute the kindness to their kin and humankind alike.

What kind of group(s) are you planning to work with (if any)?: They remain neutral until convinced otherwise.

Do you intend to request a power specific to your character? If so, specify (Keep in mind you cannot use this in S2K situations: Reading into one's true emotions. To feel a beings feelings.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
Hello, I've had to think on this a bit

Your application is very barebones and doesn't really contain anything I can point to as a means to distinguish you from the other vort characters in the server beyond this 'empathy' trait you have going.

On the other hand, I sympathize (heh) with your lack of experience w/ the Vortigaunt faction and given I've seen good things come of you in the server so far I'm definitely willing to give you a shot.

Add me on steam & shoot me a PM whenever you find yourself struggling with VortRP. I'm very easy to reach.

Accepted on trial.

Do you intend to request a power specific to your character? If so, specify (Keep in mind you cannot use this in S2K situations: Reading into one's true emotions. To feel a beings feelings.

Granted but only if the player being affected OOCly consents to the action.

Reactions: List
Status
Not open for further replies.