Serious Tanks and IFV's place in the resistance & Tank Contest!

Improvised Tanks or Refurbished Cold war era tanks?

• Refurbed Cold war Era / WW2 Tanks (T-55 - T-72 M4 Sherman)

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Improvised Tanks (Kill dozer. Syrian BMP Technical)

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Nebulae
After discussion on the discord it would seem that eventually it would make sense for the rebels to have some kind of "Tank" or Improvised Fighting Vehicle. I want to keep this serious so please memes need not apply.

Point of the contest - See a variety of perspective builds on what a rebel tank could/might/should realistically look like on server.

Build a "Tank" in SP using mostly stuff found on the server if possible and upload the picture with a name of your choice for the tank go ahead and be creative.

-Describe what your tank is made of / what it shoots- *Optional*

images
Marines-tank-Korea-19530705.JPEG
T-55_4.jpg
240px-Oklopnjak_vukovarska_vojarna_2.JPG

Hopefully this may encourage some people to make vehicles of their own on server which could be a cool/interesting shift in dynamic.
Hope to see some of your designs on server at somepoint!

Last edited:

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
in order to fit the rebel's aesthetic the tank should be ramshackle and made of scrap metal with a rusty color palette

in order to fit the rebel's asymmetric combat differences to the combine, the tank should be fucking fast, fairly low on armor, but packing good weaponry

it'd work well for sudden surgical strikes and coordinated assaults but shouldn't be used as a mainstay for prolonged combat
unlike the APC, the tank should effectively become utterly defenseless the moment the driver deigns to stop it during a shootout, since the lack of armor will let the combine just take potshots at the occupants

Reactions: List
Nebulae
might as well take the t-62/sherman from the ww3rp content
Would love to see something like it show up for major defenses or for assaults.

Big map change events such as taking the C24 Palace or things like the AGORA Assaults for example would be places I'd hope to see tanks make an appearance personally.

Erid

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I've now made a Mad Max style buggy, currently unused but we'd need to figure out how we want to distribute it.
It's mostly bulletproof but the gunner is exposed and it has some gaps in the armor for balance's sake.

Though I'd love to make more artilery, but it's problematic because there's no means of making a reusable balistic projectile, only a single use battery and our selection of bombs is vry limited.

Nebulae
I've now made a Mad Max style buggy, currently unused but we'd need to figure out how we want to distribute it.
It's mostly bulletproof but the gunner is exposed and it has some gaps in the armor for balance's sake.

Though I'd love to make more artilery, but it's problematic because there's no means of making a reusable ballistic projectile, only a single use battery and our selection of bombs is vry limited.
There are alternatives if you're crafty.

Erid

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
IDK, made this thing now:
UXYsMwa.png

9i70LA4.png

DxzalkO.png

And a sam site type thing because I thought might as well seeing as I have the construction already:
73XMwPH.png

It moves and spins and everything, both the things, prob is I need to get out to shoot them, and they're a single use type deal, have to IC'ly RELOAD THEM (respawn the vehicle), though that's not a problem because I imagine reloading these things IRL is an ordeal too.

I made something similar in the past but it was very very unstable, this one's really stable, props are parented and will cause subtantially less lag, that and it has a 2 more rocket payload :)

Nebulae
IDK, made this thing now:
UXYsMwa.png

9i70LA4.png

DxzalkO.png

And a sam site type thing because I thought might as well seeing as I have the construction already:
73XMwPH.png

It moves and spins and everything, both the things, prob is I need to get out to shoot them, and they're a single use type deal, have to IC'ly RELOAD THEM (respawn the vehicle), though that's not a problem because I imagine reloading these things IRL is an ordeal too.

I made something similar in the past but it was very very unstable, this one's really stable, props are parented and will cause subtantially less lag, that and it has a 2 more rocket payload :)
Fascinating, So its like a mobile MLRS system? Would be interesting to see.

I like it, very cool!

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
If I was to make a Half-life 2 themed tank, I'd want to take a pre-existing tank, either the ones used in half-life 1, or a cold war era eastern european tank.

Strip the tank down to as little as you can get away with until you've got the bare minimum of a frame and it's moving parts.

Weld on replacement protection, probably scrapped APC armour plates, scrap metals, ect,
and replace the weapons with salvaged combine equipment,

if your half-life 2 theme resistance tank is firing traditional tank rounds or conventional weapons, I'd argue you need to go back and make changes.

Nebulae
If I was to make a Half-life 2 themed tank, I'd want to take a pre-existing tank, either the ones used in half-life 1, or a cold war era eastern european tank.

Strip the tank down to as little as you can get away with until you've got the bare minimum of a frame and it's moving parts.

Weld on replacement protection, probably scrapped APC armour plates, scrap metals, ect,
and replace the weapons with salvaged combine equipment,

if your half-life 2 theme resistance tank is firing traditional tank rounds or conventional weapons, I'd argue you need to go back and make changes.
You know a big thing I can see happening are rebels re-purposing combine barricades as some sort of welded on armour plating and it'd be cheap and effective.