Textures corrupted/replaced? Or something.

Mangiyko

Vortigaunt Faction Lead.
Nebulae
Display Drivers crash constantly, but I kinda just bite the bullet and deal with that since my computer is a massive piece of shit. Lately, though, I've suddenly been missing random textures and other various Clockwork things.

Certain letters/names being replaced by blocky rectangles. Particle effects being replaced by transparent squares. Faces getting a weird topographical overlay. Basically, shit like this:

CmZvvWY.jpg

Thoughts?

I've already tried redownloading/resubscribing to all workshop items/verifying files.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
  1. Do a clean installation of your drivers. Just gotta re-download and there will be a tick box saying "Clean Installation."
  2. After that you should delete the garrysmod folder from steam/steamapps/common and then delete local content from library.
  3. Unsubscribe from all your addons. Put them into a collection if you have a ton you wanna keep that aren't from our servers.
  4. Re-install, mount HL2, CSS, HL2EP1, HL2EP2. Go into a singleplayer game and make sure everything is working.
  5. If everything is working you're good. If textures are still broken you need to reinstall Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, and the episodes and verify those just as you did with garrysmod, and redo step 2.
  6. Now get all your addons and let them download.
  7. Verify files again on gmod.
  8. All better! Hopefully.
If this doesn't work I'd honestly look to do a full re-partition of your disk drive, re-install your OS, and start from scratch. Obviously upload things you need to keep onto google drive or a USB, what have you. Its a pain in the ass but its better than nothing I suppose.

Good luck.

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
i expected to be tagged in this lol

What Votra suggested seems like the nuclear option to solve your problems. I have a better one!

Your graphics card is artifacting. Don't be a retard and redownload everything. Just upgrade, if you can.

Without a doubt, that's your problem. Direct any more questions here and I can help you out.

Miraak

Proton
Nebulae
it honestly just seems you've worked your hardware to the max. may just have to replace this, clean off that, etc.
then again, what do i know

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Does it happens only in Gmod or also in other Source games (Half life 2, Counter strike, Team fortress 2, Left 4 dead) ?

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
This shouldn't be a discussion guys, it's pretty clear his graphics card is the issue.

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
This is the point where you upgrade. Seriously. Nothing else can help you at this point.

Reactions: List

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
i had smth similar to this back on old ww3rp, i ran out of memory all the time n stuff
idk i just started playing in windowed noborder mode and that fixed it

Joesh

Neutrino
Nebulae
As for me it looks more like a problem, that you did not installed textures from some games to GMod.
Thruthly i do not know anything about your computer, so i will try to 'shoot' for the fix :p

Alright, so let's start with first question, Did you downoloaded HL2, CS:S , CS:GO and Portal textures? No do not try to search it on workshop, to find those you can find some guides about that or ask me about link for these.