[TF2] Pub RIP

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
http://tf2maps.net/threads/tf2-pubs-have-met-their-match.28589/

Pubs are now gone and replaced by community servers.

This is basically TF2's way of attempting to compete with Overwatch in a Competitive setting. Even though Overwatch Competitive is currently broken in a technical and gameplay standpoint, TF2 is basically competing with Overwatch's worst aspects and enhancing its best aspects; namely Overwatch's pub culture which TF2 thrived in.

ahahaha

Reactions: List

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
overwatchs a shit game anyway lol

yeah

its got a lot of problems with it even before the open beta came out for the onlywatch playerbase to play

and they STILL haven't fixed most of said problems

for a $40 game you'd expect that shit to be fixed but blizzard being the old blizzard that is still milking WoW for money wouldn't say no to a cash grab

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Overwatch is honestly a better competitive game.

TF2's a great game to just fuck about in.

I didn't even compare the two until TF2 tried to forcefully make the comparision by adding competitve.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
its not

its shit

theres literally no variety, every single team is the same hero/champion/whatever the fuckt hey call it combination

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
its not

its shit

theres literally no variety, every single team is the same hero/champion/whatever the fuckt hey call it combination

I ain't never played it, but it looks dope tbh.

At least in Overwatch, there's a fairer chance of either team winnning.

On TF2, the team with 3 snipers, 2 spies and 4 engineers generally doesn't end up winning.

But you can do full Lucio runs in Overwatch if you're co-ordinated.

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
overwatch is tf2 for jumped up autistic adhd riddled teenagers
considering how there are quite a few of those in tf2

people have been crying out for competitive tf2 to be supported by valve, and have been complaining about how pubs aren't an environment that allows the player to engage with competitively

but when they finally release competitive out of beta and replaced pubs with casual (which was broken at first, but it's fixed now), people start losing their fucking minds.
casual and pubs are basically the same fucking thing, except queue time is longer and u cant join a friend mid-game unless luck is on ur side.

what's the thing in pubs that isnt in casual and is gonna be missed?? fucking gibus snipers and engineers to fuck around with??

i dont get the the tf2 community man, people always find a way to complain about tf2 when valve is actually trying their best to make a 9 year old game succeed in an competitive way

eldeos

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
idk about you but i stopped caring about tf2 like 4 years ago

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I like the new TF2, Simple layout, eye catching, Ayyy! Don' worry bout it! it is a much needed overhaul

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae

TF2's a great game to just fuck about in.

I didn't even compare the two until TF2 tried to forcefully make the comparision by adding competitve.
kek tf2 had comp developed for over a year