In Progress the alyx weapons but good

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
as some may be aware we've recently acquired a new weapon pack that intended to add some more alyx-themed weapons to the server for scombine players and sfm short enjoyers alike, unfortunately, they were copy-paste coded and weren't all that good so over the last few days i've fucked around with them to make them a little bit better, detailed below

starting with the pulse shotgun, the wallhammer blaster, etc whatever you wanna call it

while the stats aren't final this is intended more for the vibe of the weapons in general, there's some really cool mechanics that are gonna be introduced soon that will hopefully make combine players more comfortable actually using these things without panicking about them falling into rebel player hands while also not cucking the rebel playerbase completely either

you'd siphon off parts of your soul and edit your genes to wield a cool dropped OCIPR, right?

ubv4l0.png

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Can't wait for deathwolf to acquire a Supressor or Heavy shotgun, these put the hl2 ar2 to shame

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
as some may be aware we've recently acquired a new weapon pack that intended to add some more alyx-themed weapons to the server for scombine players and sfm short enjoyers alike, unfortunately, they were copy-paste coded and weren't all that good so over the last few days i've fucked around with them to make them a little bit better, detailed below

starting with the pulse shotgun, the wallhammer blaster, etc whatever you wanna call it

while the stats aren't final this is intended more for the vibe of the weapons in general, there's some really cool mechanics that are gonna be introduced soon that will hopefully make combine players more comfortable actually using these things without panicking about them falling into rebel player hands while also not cucking the rebel playerbase completely either

you'd siphon off parts of your soul and edit your genes to wield a cool dropped OCIPR, right?

ubv4l0.png
give give I want my pulse shotgun :)

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

ubv4l0.png

idk if its just me but can you make it sound a bit chunkier when firing

something like the gunfire from BLACK, a heavy, thumping bassy sound that accompanies the sci-fi pew

timestamp

rob

Nebulae
awesome work as always pyro 👍

one minor gripe i have however, is the actual animation of the shotgun's recoil is a bit over the top

would tweaking that be within the realms of possibility?

Reactions: List

Pyromancer

Nebulae
awesome work as always pyro 👍

one minor gripe i have however, is the actual animation of the shotgun's recoil is a bit over the top

would tweaking that be within the realms of possibility?
yeah unfortunately the compiles and first-person animation on these weapons as a whole are kinda crude, the pulse shotty's firing animation is the only egregious one when it comes to gameplay and it's hard to fix tbh

tfabase, unfortunately, doesn't support procedural firing animations through code so it'd need recompiling with new animations which if i can figure it out might happen down the line, not for now tho

Pyromancer

Nebulae
idk if its just me but can you make it sound a bit chunkier when firing

something like the gunfire from BLACK, a heavy, thumping bassy sound that accompanies the sci-fi pew

timestamp

and yeah i was just gonna get em on server for now and mess with the sounds later as i can update the content whenever

Pyromancer

Nebulae
while we're here

scombine ordinal rifle or oicpr or ocipr or ocpri or whatever it's actually called

the original version of this weapon that's on server now has like 190 lines of code [the average tfabase weapon has like 700] so while it was functional it was missing a lot of random features so it needed redoing from scratch which was a pain in the ass

Brandon_

Now in a relationship with Sectus
Nebulae

ubv4l0.png
That's pretty cool of you to go the extra step with making the heavy shotgun shoot blueish pulse energy instead of bullets, I'm looking even more forward to the LMG preview if you're going to post one of that in the future, nice work 👍

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
inside you are two wolves
one wolf undergoes daily sissy hypnosis to use the pulse XM
the other wolf gets a dangerous CRISPR gene mod, full of carcinogenic chemicals, cutting their life expectancy by a third and giving them innumerable health issues, to use the pulse XM.

Both wolfs are gay

Pyromancer

Nebulae