The animator behind the HL2RP videos tried Nebulous server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
[16:39:06] MGHA has loaded the character 'James McVey'.
[16:39:36] [OOC] James McVey: :3
[16:43:00] Tokiyo 'Almond' Tayama has killed James McVey with Heckler & Koch MP7A1.
[16:43:37] [OOC] James McVey: what a great server
[16:45:20] James McVey has used '/PM peter terrible server'.
[16:45:29] [A] Peter Green has used '/PM mcvey I agree'.
[16:46:11] James McVey has used '/PM peter so instead of asking about my opinion you jsut mock me. LOL what a joke'.
[16:46:13] James McVey (STEAM_0:1:3781495) has disconnected.

smh tbh
@heaveN you pissed off a youtuber lmfao.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i mean if you start a server and the first thing that happens to you is you get killed with a smg youd be pretty annoyed too
He walked into a secret base, if I recall, and got shot for it.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
if he walked in a secret base im sorry then

still he should be warned, not killed by a s2k hungry rebel
Agreed, but I can get the response - a bluesuit walks into a clearly marked 'do not go in here ICly' area. It's standard to shoot them because they'll try to meta and claim it later. It's not ideal, but yeah.

Reactions: List

Duke of Wellington

32nd Wheelie Bin Regiment
Nebulae
Back in the old days of Lemonpunch I played with MGHAnimation and spoke to him a lot on TS. He was an ok guy but he wasn't very good at roleplay and he prefers to play on servers with strict High Command elements/DarkRP elements.

He quickly left Lemonpunch because he didn't like how the gamemode was ran, for example, CPs not having ranks/super powers.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
Never tell your password to anyone.
MGHA: Hello
[NC] Dindex: Hey.
MGHA: Sorry for the bad words but man, it's no different from every other bad experience with hl2rp
[NC] Dindex: Are there any criticism that needs to be brought up?
MGHA: Well it really isnt anything I can say to fix it because thats just the way hl2rp is. it's just a legitimate terrible environment of people who are too full of them selves to be an actual human being.
MGHA: let me explain what happened
MGHA: so last night I joined and walked around, nothing to really do as usual. Stumped into the mall and found a door that said "ITS LOCKED" there was a woman standing at the door and she told me to go asway or I will be killed. I jsut rolled my eyes and finishe dthe rp and left.
MGHA: Then today
MGHA: I come back and im in that same area but the way i came in was prop blocked so I had no choice but to go through the door to try and find someone.
MGHA: Shortly 3 people arrived with guns and instantly shot me and called me a metagaming minge
[NC] Dindex: I mean, the group is visious, and it's not a normal resistance group.
MGHA: Tried to talk to an admin and told him how terrible it was and he jsut repleid with
MGHA: yup
[NC] Dindex: It's like a cartel.
[NC] Dindex: I mean, have you read the server rules?
MGHA: no but the point of hl2rp is that it's hl2rp. Not cartels and mafia gangs
MGHA: Thats the problem
MGHA: this isnt dark rp
[NC] Dindex: I know, but it's almost to compared ot real life.
[NC] Dindex: *To
MGHA: no one wants to play real life man dont you get it?
MGHA: Not the legit roleplayers
MGHA: people want to play half life 2 as a legit citizen/rebel/cp
MGHA: anything otehr than that will jsut be labeleld as 'cancer"
[NC] Dindex: I do understand, but it isn't really realistic to ban cartels and mafia gangs in the half life universe.
[NC] Dindex: And those groups are rebels.
MGHA: It isnbt realistic but you have to because the people that want to do that stuff are trash
[NC] Dindex: Anyways, want to post this on the forums?
MGHA: I have always wanted to start a hl2rp but I dunno any more
MGHA: Not really dude
[NC] Dindex: There's a group of players always visit there.
[NC] Dindex: They might accept your criticism.
MGHA: ANything I say will jsut be disregarded as "just because you're a youtuber doesn't give you the right to tell people what to do"
MGHA: and im sick of that line
MGHA: cause
MGHA: that isnt it at all
MGHA: I have experience with this gamemode., years and years and I know what people want but it's sad because there is so few of the legit roleplayers left and the only way to get players is to have that terrible stuff like thugs and cartels
MGHA: so you cna't win eitehr way
MGHA: hl2rp is a very currupt place man
[NC] Dindex: I know, but these groups of player made, But I can tell you that one day, It'll have a resistance group that seems fit.
MGHA: Well you cant make a legit resistance group and have an attachment to your character
MGHA: you jsut cvant
MGHA: cause people are gonna make characters that purposely seke out to kill you
MGHA: and betrya you
[NC] Dindex: I know, but most rebels in this game isn't ment to kill random people.
MGHA: exactly
[NC] Dindex: Altough, the reason they kill you is because they don't want to take any chances.
MGHA: people who do that arn;t roleplayers
[NC] Dindex: Are are loyalists in this game and they can be sneaky.
[NC] Dindex: *There are
MGHA: Like im legit serious. people who jsut insta kill arn;t roleplayers
MGHA: what i call
MGHA: false roleplayers
MGHA: Look
[NC] Dindex: But the server wants to keep things balanced.
MGHA: Ive been an admin/enen co owner multiple times and I always tried to be the best admin, but even i made mistakes. People get to you afetr a while but onc ethat happens you shouldnt be an admin. it's why i left.
[NC] Dindex: Okay, I'm listening.
MGHA: Given who I am. I can't make mistakes or have my own opinion because it will jsut be blamed on some non existant ego.
MGHA: On your server I tried to talk to the admin about the terrible nature of it and he jsut said yep
MGHA: at that point Ir ealized the server was worse than i thought
MGHA: if you're an admin you can't talk to people like that under any circumstances.
MGHA: it gets annoying but if you can't be straight you shouldn't be an admin
MGHA: And bakc on with the shooting stuff
MGHA: When I was rebel leader, everyone wanted to kill me
MGHA: everyone
MGHA: Why? "because why not"
MGHA: But I never killed people instantly, even though it may mean getting a nice PK
MGHA: because thats a character man, a character jsut like you trying toi develope and you have no rght to kill them
[NC] Dindex: Damn, that's sad.
MGHA: why because he might tell da cumbean on ya?
[NC] Dindex: I once joined Dyndex once,
[NC] Dindex: Back when I was a newbie.
MGHA: Did I kill you? haha
[NC] Dindex: They were mafia gangs everywhere.
MGHA: yeah
MGHA: it got pretty bad
MGHA: we tried it again but I just left
MGHA: it's hard to change things
[NC] Dindex: I walked up to a blacksuit, told him that I wanted teo join.
[NC] Dindex: He told me to face the wall so I'm not a union snitch.
[NC] Dindex: He kncoed me out, tied me into a bed, and straight up told me that he's in heat.
MGHA: sounds like the owner
MGHA: user2g
[NC] Dindex: Not only that, mouth raped me.
MGHA: definitely user2g
[NC] Dindex: There was a group that was ment ot be a actual rebelion.
[NC] Dindex: SThe rebel that raped me, threw the grenade at them, but suddently the door went shot and blocked it.
[NC] Dindex: *Shut
[NC] Dindex: Both of us died.
[NC] Dindex: The rebel, and me got a PK.
[NC] Dindex: By User.
MGHA: :(
[NC] Dindex: I didn't mind it.
MGHA: Im not trying to say the server I was apart of was betetr
MGHA: I dont mean that
MGHA: It's jsut things can't be done the way they should
MGHA: Even I don't have the ability to enforce it.
[NC] Dindex: In another character, I was a rebel in an actual resistance group.
[NC] Dindex: Few months later.
[NC] Dindex: When I was in a patrol, a huge one.
[NC] Dindex: Some thug with an Ar2 shot us.
[NC] Dindex: I survied witht he shooter.
[NC] Dindex: We both pulled the trigger and ending both of us died.
[NC] Dindex: We all got a PK after that.
[NC] Dindex: Again, I didn't mind a PK.
MGHA: but man I dont think Ill return to hl2rp again. it's jsut too painful
MGHA: too much drama
[NC] Dindex: I know, but the whole community of mine liked your map.
[NC] Dindex: And eveon most of them liked your videos.
MGHA is now using Source Filmmaker. Click here to join.
MGHA: probably don't like me any more haha
[NC] Dindex: But anyways, I hope there's a server that was ment for you.

Rictalspace

Manager of Fist Industries
Nebulae
Never tell your password to anyone.
MGHA: Hello
[NC] Dindex: Hey.
MGHA: Sorry for the bad words but man, it's no different from every other bad experience with hl2rp
[NC] Dindex: Are there any criticism that needs to be brought up?
MGHA: Well it really isnt anything I can say to fix it because thats just the way hl2rp is. it's just a legitimate terrible environment of people who are too full of them selves to be an actual human being.
MGHA: let me explain what happened
MGHA: so last night I joined and walked around, nothing to really do as usual. Stumped into the mall and found a door that said "ITS LOCKED" there was a woman standing at the door and she told me to go asway or I will be killed. I jsut rolled my eyes and finishe dthe rp and left.
MGHA: Then today
MGHA: I come back and im in that same area but the way i came in was prop blocked so I had no choice but to go through the door to try and find someone.
MGHA: Shortly 3 people arrived with guns and instantly shot me and called me a metagaming minge
[NC] Dindex: I mean, the group is visious, and it's not a normal resistance group.
MGHA: Tried to talk to an admin and told him how terrible it was and he jsut repleid with
MGHA: yup
[NC] Dindex: It's like a cartel.
[NC] Dindex: I mean, have you read the server rules?
MGHA: no but the point of hl2rp is that it's hl2rp. Not cartels and mafia gangs
MGHA: Thats the problem
MGHA: this isnt dark rp
[NC] Dindex: I know, but it's almost to compared ot real life.
[NC] Dindex: *To
MGHA: no one wants to play real life man dont you get it?
MGHA: Not the legit roleplayers
MGHA: people want to play half life 2 as a legit citizen/rebel/cp
MGHA: anything otehr than that will jsut be labeleld as 'cancer"
[NC] Dindex: I do understand, but it isn't really realistic to ban cartels and mafia gangs in the half life universe.
[NC] Dindex: And those groups are rebels.
MGHA: It isnbt realistic but you have to because the people that want to do that stuff are trash
[NC] Dindex: Anyways, want to post this on the forums?
MGHA: I have always wanted to start a hl2rp but I dunno any more
MGHA: Not really dude
[NC] Dindex: There's a group of players always visit there.
[NC] Dindex: They might accept your criticism.
MGHA: ANything I say will jsut be disregarded as "just because you're a youtuber doesn't give you the right to tell people what to do"
MGHA: and im sick of that line
MGHA: cause
MGHA: that isnt it at all
MGHA: I have experience with this gamemode., years and years and I know what people want but it's sad because there is so few of the legit roleplayers left and the only way to get players is to have that terrible stuff like thugs and cartels
MGHA: so you cna't win eitehr way
MGHA: hl2rp is a very currupt place man
[NC] Dindex: I know, but these groups of player made, But I can tell you that one day, It'll have a resistance group that seems fit.
MGHA: Well you cant make a legit resistance group and have an attachment to your character
MGHA: you jsut cvant
MGHA: cause people are gonna make characters that purposely seke out to kill you
MGHA: and betrya you
[NC] Dindex: I know, but most rebels in this game isn't ment to kill random people.
MGHA: exactly
[NC] Dindex: Altough, the reason they kill you is because they don't want to take any chances.
MGHA: people who do that arn;t roleplayers
[NC] Dindex: Are are loyalists in this game and they can be sneaky.
[NC] Dindex: *There are
MGHA: Like im legit serious. people who jsut insta kill arn;t roleplayers
MGHA: what i call
MGHA: false roleplayers
MGHA: Look
[NC] Dindex: But the server wants to keep things balanced.
MGHA: Ive been an admin/enen co owner multiple times and I always tried to be the best admin, but even i made mistakes. People get to you afetr a while but onc ethat happens you shouldnt be an admin. it's why i left.
[NC] Dindex: Okay, I'm listening.
MGHA: Given who I am. I can't make mistakes or have my own opinion because it will jsut be blamed on some non existant ego.
MGHA: On your server I tried to talk to the admin about the terrible nature of it and he jsut said yep
MGHA: at that point Ir ealized the server was worse than i thought
MGHA: if you're an admin you can't talk to people like that under any circumstances.
MGHA: it gets annoying but if you can't be straight you shouldn't be an admin
MGHA: And bakc on with the shooting stuff
MGHA: When I was rebel leader, everyone wanted to kill me
MGHA: everyone
MGHA: Why? "because why not"
MGHA: But I never killed people instantly, even though it may mean getting a nice PK
MGHA: because thats a character man, a character jsut like you trying toi develope and you have no rght to kill them
[NC] Dindex: Damn, that's sad.
MGHA: why because he might tell da cumbean on ya?
[NC] Dindex: I once joined Dyndex once,
[NC] Dindex: Back when I was a newbie.
MGHA: Did I kill you? haha
[NC] Dindex: They were mafia gangs everywhere.
MGHA: yeah
MGHA: it got pretty bad
MGHA: we tried it again but I just left
MGHA: it's hard to change things
[NC] Dindex: I walked up to a blacksuit, told him that I wanted teo join.
[NC] Dindex: He told me to face the wall so I'm not a union snitch.
[NC] Dindex: He kncoed me out, tied me into a bed, and straight up told me that he's in heat.
MGHA: sounds like the owner
MGHA: user2g
[NC] Dindex: Not only that, mouth raped me.
MGHA: definitely user2g
[NC] Dindex: There was a group that was ment ot be a actual rebelion.
[NC] Dindex: SThe rebel that raped me, threw the grenade at them, but suddently the door went shot and blocked it.
[NC] Dindex: *Shut
[NC] Dindex: Both of us died.
[NC] Dindex: The rebel, and me got a PK.
[NC] Dindex: By User.
MGHA: :(
[NC] Dindex: I didn't mind it.
MGHA: Im not trying to say the server I was apart of was betetr
MGHA: I dont mean that
MGHA: It's jsut things can't be done the way they should
MGHA: Even I don't have the ability to enforce it.
[NC] Dindex: In another character, I was a rebel in an actual resistance group.
[NC] Dindex: Few months later.
[NC] Dindex: When I was in a patrol, a huge one.
[NC] Dindex: Some thug with an Ar2 shot us.
[NC] Dindex: I survied witht he shooter.
[NC] Dindex: We both pulled the trigger and ending both of us died.
[NC] Dindex: We all got a PK after that.
[NC] Dindex: Again, I didn't mind a PK.
MGHA: but man I dont think Ill return to hl2rp again. it's jsut too painful
MGHA: too much drama
[NC] Dindex: I know, but the whole community of mine liked your map.
[NC] Dindex: And eveon most of them liked your videos.
MGHA is now using Source Filmmaker. Click here to join.
MGHA: probably don't like me any more haha
[NC] Dindex: But anyways, I hope there's a server that was ment for you.
Yeah, he speaks as an old HL2RP player. He's right in how HL2RP has gone down over the years in terms of how people play it. But unfortunately he's also right in that as Administration it's almost impossible to solve it, you can't change human behaviour so drastically to change it. But it didn't help he didn't understand the metagaming rule, heading into a secret base without knowing it's there and such. However, @Peter Green I would like to know why you responded with 'Yep'.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
Yeah, he speaks as an old HL2RP player. He's right in how HL2RP has gone down over the years in terms of how people play it. But unfortunately he's also right in that as Administration it's almost impossible to solve it, you can't change human behaviour so drastically to change it. But it didn't help he didn't understand the metagaming rule, heading into a secret base without knowing it's there and such. However, @Peter Green I would like to know why you responded with 'Yep'.
I was trying to be nice with him, that's all.

Peter Green

Good People, Good Times
Nebulae
Right, so the reason for my Yep response was because I simply don't feel like dealing with a player who just pm's "Hey, your server is shit." I don't think that he's gonna provide us with any constructive feedback on how we could improve and become better as a community.

If he would pm me with "Hey, could I maybe talk to you about something regarding the server?" Yeah sure I would totally accept him on steam and talk to him regarding the server because I want us to improve and be the HL2RP server which people are actually willing to play on. Whether they suggest the stupidest ideas or not, I'll still listen to the player as long as he acts nice and doesn't start the conversation with "Your server is shit."

He just simply had a negative attitude so therefore I didn't feel like talking to him. Today I've seen two people come up to me while i was building in observer and they said "Man I love the admins here and how they never respond to !help's". I thought that he was a part of that "Group", however that barely had any impact on my response to him.

Rictalspace

Manager of Fist Industries
Nebulae
Right, so the reason for my Yep response was because I simply don't feel like dealing with a player who just pm's "Hey, your server is shit." I don't think that he's gonna provide us with any constructive feedback on how we could improve and become better as a community.

If he would pm me with "Hey, could I maybe talk to you about something regarding the server?" Yeah sure I would totally accept him on steam and talk to him regarding the server because I want us to improve and be the HL2RP server which people are actually willing to play on. Whether they suggest the stupidest ideas or not, I'll still listen to the player as long as he acts nice and doesn't start the conversation with "Your server is shit."

He just simply had a negative attitude so therefore I didn't feel like talking to him. Today I've seen two people come up to me while i was building in observer and they said "Man I love the admins here and how they never respond to !help's". I thought that he was a part of that "Group", however that barely had any impact on my response to him.
Okay, I'd like to let the entire staff team know that regardless of the attitude of a player, your attitude must be the same to everyone. You have to respond to them at least once with a respectable answer. If he says the server is shit, ask why. It doesn't matter if that may not have an impact on him or not, it's more for the fact answering 'Yep' gives the staff team a shitty view. If someone is spamming you, then you have that kick ability. Literally it's your job to respond to people well, and responding 'Yep' is the one of the worse things to do.

EDIT: I want to get across that this has nothing to do with the fact this guy has a youtube channel, it's the fact that it's the first time I've seen a member of staff reply poorly when the response should have been far more professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.