The Blinding Sun of Shell Beach

• Thread starter Man wearing a helmet
  • Start date
M

Man wearing a helmet

My game can handle every location of the map bar Shell Beach where it cripples the game every time I gaze out unto the ocean/sky.

My machine could handle the beach up until maybe two or three weeks back. I've tried messing with LOD settings and water quality settings but to no avail. Any help or guidance is appreciated

Reactions: List

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
My game can handle every location of the map bar Shell Beach where it cripples the game every time I gaze out unto the ocean/sky.

My machine could handle the beach up until maybe two or three weeks back. I've tried messing with LOD settings and water quality settings but to no avail. Any help or guidance is appreciated

its because of the 1000 lights ELA are using

i'll delete some

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
I think folks were having a similar problem related to StormFox

It was either because of a water texture thing, or because they had extended render installed

M

Man wearing a helmet

I think folks were having a similar problem related to StormFox

It was either because of a water texture thing, or because they had extended render installed

Extender Render as in Extended Render? I don't have that installed and I've given a few clientside StormFox effects a toggle and nothing has changed

M

Man wearing a helmet

I used to have this problem and then I just removed stormfox entirely, it's solved the issue for it.

How so? Unsubscribe from the addon and just have it downloaded as you join the server?

Another thing that might conflict and cause issues is this addon, but other than that, I've no clue. Does anything pop up in the console feed?

Don't have that downloaded either, and na

M

Man wearing a helmet

Turn downloads off, should be fine if you have the content.

Uninstalled StormFox, my game is still being whaled with each second I'm not staring at the wall. On top of that, my console is now being spammed by error messages about missing materials. No funciono

Unix

Norman 'Emperor' Reedus
Nebulae
Uninstalled StormFox, my game is still being whaled with each second I'm not staring at the wall. On top of that, my console is now being spammed by error messages about missing materials. No funciono

It's possible that those missing materials are a part of the issue. It seems that also that you are the only victim of this currently which I find strange.

The cause to this constant frame rate drop or stutter is probably because you're missing an addon or that you have an addon installed that effects the water detail or physics badly for whatever reason. You just gotta look through your addons just like Stormfox and Extended Render as mentioned above and try disabling/uninstalling one at a time and try starting up the map again.

M

Man wearing a helmet

It's possible that those missing materials are a part of the issue. It seems that also that you are the only victim of this currently which I find strange.

Nah the missing materials was the result of me uninstalling the addon

Looking back on the second set of footage I uploaded it looks like it’s something to do with the grass. It seems like the game suddenly comes to a stop once it loads in. Not sure why

Unix

Norman 'Emperor' Reedus
Nebulae

Looking back on the second set of footage I uploaded it looks like it’s something to do with the grass. It seems like the game suddenly comes to a stop once it loads in. Not sure why

Then the problem must come from something to do with the grass or the water.

M

Man wearing a helmet

Then the problem must come from something to do with the grass or the water.

There’s no water in the outer canals so seems like it’s the former. I don’t know why it would cause problems but then again I don’t know much

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

I once had a conflicting problem with the grass (which I think is an EP2 thing?) and my FPS lowered by 20 and I couldn't see past a wave of sprouting errors.

Have you tried re-installing your game yet?

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
Do you have any addons that replace the water texture, or replace the leach texture in the water?

Remove your HL2 content, install a no error/missing texture addon and see if you still have frame drops.