The Chinese Overwatch Rip-off

R40UL

Proton
Nebulae
Navigating through youtube, I stumble upon this monstrosity:

Legend of Titan, a literally, straight on, Overwatch rip-off created by the Chinese game development group "265G".
Worst part is that they didn't even bother changing some of the models at all, also notice the 60fps footage, damn son (sarcasm).

What do you think about this?

Last edited:
Reactions: List

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
are you shocked? that has been a thing forever, iirc some platforms are forbidden in china and since copyright laws there are fucked they just rip off popular games and re release them in their countries under a diff name

this was a big deal back in the day

R40UL

Proton
Nebulae
are you shocked? that has been a thing forever, iirc some platforms are forbidden in china and since copyright laws there are fucked they just rip off popular games and re release them in their countries under a diff name

Seen it a long time ago, and yes it got me cringing just as hard.

Edit: Honestly I think they do it by the massive ban of videogames on China, I mean Overwatch and TF2 is most likely banned there, so I'm guessing their only option is to make clones of those games with an actual quote and quote "license", and of course they make tons of money of it... partially.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae

don't they do that same shit but with toys aswell

and why do they look like firefighters

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
why anyone would even play a shit game like overwatch to begin with is beyond me

Last edited:

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
This has been a thing in China for the longest time.

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
The problem with this one is that Overwatch isn't even banned in chine. It had a full release there.
I've already seen chinese players complaining about how gramatically incorrect Mei's ultimate is.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
Wish there was a Legend of Titan rp server, that game is so original.
I'm so excited for them to have a law suit.

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
67b8a7edb3.jpg

sup bruh