EU4 | The Corona Classic Ep. 5 | A nebulous Community Europa Universalis IV Game

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae
TZ1wxeE.png

THE CORONA CLASSIC
EPISODE FIVE: THE BEGGAR POPE

A nebulous community EUIV game
With the 2021 debut of the Corona Classic and the last session coming to an end, we find ourselves again setting out on an epic quest to create a new game: to create the next great northern empire, to take revenge on those who wronged us, to write the next best AAR storyline, or to beg for money as a different country; all these are now possible thanks to the advent of a new game.

The playable area has been reset to Europe only following an incredibly democratic vote, complete with (probably) turnout of people who have never touched the game. The inauguration (beginning) of this game is still to be set, but will most likely be on a Saturday, 7 PM GMT (maybe February 6). Those who played the final session of the last game had the chance to pick their nation early, so many have already been taken; simply reply to this thread with your desired nation to sign up.

____
RULES
1. No cringe nae-nae babies
2. No extreme hugboxes (3 or more great powers is a general rule of thumb for what is considered a "hugbox", also as a general rule of thumb if you're a top 3 great power, don't ally another top 3 power). There may be alliances of up to 3 great powers after the Age of Absolutism begins.

Difficulty: Normal
Lucky Nations: Historical
Limited Ledger: Yes
Use victory cards: Yes
Use Age Scoring: No
Prevent Nation Ruining: No

fWVQHYd.png
England - @afric
t30jhpn.png
Ottomans - @GhostKripp
6i9xXok.png
Castile - @Mendel
20px-Muscovy.png
Muscovy - @ein
20px-Poland.png
Poland - @Goopy
lW1Ld7t.png
Austria - @Oxy[Morons]
20px-Burgundy.png
Burgundy - @not tiger
i4ijg1X.png
Portugal - @Mute
20px-Sweden.png
Sweden - @cns
20px-Tunis.png
Tunis - @friendly
20px-Brandenburg.png
Brandenburg - @JOHNNY.HOMICIDE_33
20px-The_Papal_State.png
The Papal State - @Dallas
20px-Munich.png
Munich - @uncle kev

A list of recommended nations that have not been selected yet:
20px-France.png
France
20px-Venice.png
Venice
20px-Denmark.png
Denmark
20px-The_Mamluks.png
Mamluks
20px-Milan.png
Milan
20px-Bohemia.png
Bohemia
20px-Switzerland.png
Switzerland

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
Why are we letting the gamers with the most hours take the most powerful nations in the game again?

Oxy[Morons]

Nebulae
Why are we letting the gamers with the most hours take the most powerful nations in the game again?
ill happily go someone small if someone else wants to play austria

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
i think it's because we are tired of important nations having no players and getting fisted from fuck to friday

like in our last game castille literally got wiped from the map and the hre was no big deal

im in favour of letting good players have the big nations this time round, see how it goes, see if a balance of power emerges

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
i think it's because we are tired of important nations having no players and getting fisted from fuck to friday

like in our last game castille literally got wiped from the map and the hre was no big deal

im in favour of letting good players have the big nations this time round, see how it goes, see if a balance of power emerges
castille is fine and austria too and whatever it's just that maybe the biggest baddest blobs (ottomans, france specifically) shouldn't go to the gamers who have the most experience and always do the best

i mean a ottoman ghostkripp just means we can discount russia and poland from being any form of powerful player in the game, for example

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
right now it looks like we'll have the exact same thing happen as last game but we've exchanged ottomans for france for the target of partition

castille and austria alliance + a burgundy + an england means no no france and an uncontested powerblock in europe, no reformation and no contest

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
right now it looks like we'll have the exact same thing happen as last game but we've exchanged ottomans for france for the target of partition

castille and austria alliance + a burgundy + an england means no no france and an uncontested powerblock in europe, no reformation and no contest
yeah im worried about this too

like, we need to ensure there's an actual struggle

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
is dazza not playing france

Oxy[Morons]

Nebulae

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
im ok with big dudes being stacked as long as they have an equal

i.e a good ottomans needs a good austria, a good poland needs a good muscovy/austria/ottomans etc

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
can we get a france instead of a burgundy pls

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Looks like I’m gonna go Portugal

not a big fan of colonization but looks like I don’t have much options

Maybe we can finally get some colonial presence in the Americas for once