Serious The Downfall of WW3RP: From the perspective of one of the common folk

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
WW3's main problem was it was built around trying to entertain a playerbase that literally hadn't needed to grow the same way other parts of the community had and who, if the project failed, would be happy quitting again to go do something else on a dime. There was little interest in making it 'work' outside of the very core part of the playerbase when things went wrong (as happened with Stasiland).

So whereas people who stuck around for HL2RP and other stuff generally grew and changed with the expectations of the community at large, your average returning WW3 player hadn't. It was like they'd stepped out of stasis after 4-6 years away, shitty habits and attitudes included.

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
WW3's main problem was it was built around trying to entertain a playerbase that literally hadn't needed to grow the same way other parts of the community had and who, if the project failed, would be happy quitting again to go do something else on a dime. There was little interest in making it 'work' outside of the very core part of the playerbase when things went wrong (as happened with Stasiland).

So whereas people who stuck around for HL2RP and other stuff generally grew and changed with the expectations of the community at large, your average returning WW3 player hadn't. It was like they'd stepped out of stasis after 4-6 years away, shitty habits and attitudes included.
It wasn’t built around that lmao

WW3RPs problem was trying to maintain the old formula (which is garbage and provides nothing of value) while also trying to go a drastically new direction

Both came out half-baked and none were good enough

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
tbf the fact that every WW3RP player was like a russian sleeper agent that went catatonic when the server wasn't around and then spontaneously re-emerged from cyrosleep at the slightest inkling of WW3RP was fucking hilarious

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
tbf the fact that every WW3RP player was like a russian sleeper agent that went catatonic when the server wasn't around and then spontaneously re-emerged from cyrosleep at the slightest inkling of WW3RP was fucking hilarious
Out of all the WW3RP players, most of the people who came back for it were people who shouldn’t have

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
was? you mean is.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
spiderman-wake-up.gif

"larry4397", with 103 messages logging onto the forums on a random thursday approximately 9 hours after roosebud posts a ww3rp announcement thread (he is a notorious member of the ww3rp community, former senior admin, coalition leader, NATO leader, banned 9 times for abuse, 7 times for metagaming, 19 times for toxicity, directly lead to the downfall of at least 2 iterations)

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
spiderman-wake-up.gif

"larry4397", with 103 messages logging onto the forums on a random thursday approximately 9 hours after roosebud posts a ww3rp announcement thread (he is a notorious member of the ww3rp community, former senior admin, coalition leader, NATO leader, banned 9 times for abuse, 7 times for metagaming, 19 times for toxicity, directly lead to the downfall of at least 2 iterations)
💀 💀 💀 💀 WHY IS THIS SO ACCURATE
and then he gets given lead of some very influential division and uses it to undermine the server

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The Nebulous.cloud experience is being told you are bad for not instantly trusting someone who abused the fuck out of their position previously because an arbitrary amount of time has passed since then.

And then when they invariably laugh about doing it again on the way out of the door three months later you must act like nobody could have seen this coming.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
Wait wasnt that the neo-nazi group from 2016 FTRP or am i mixing it up with another one
not sure, don't think I was there for the 2016 one. I don't think they were nazis in this iteration though, but I could be wrong. I just remember the los chicos blancos - milrem - alf rivalry