フローラルの専門店
Nebulae

PWiPH0P.png

Generally Fruity

Proton
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Dear Dr. Carter,

I have read your paper on the ethics surrounding posthuman euthanasia. While I agree with your points on the grotesque condition of Stalkers, I find your attitude towards Transhumans naive and undeservedly effusive.

Those of us who truly remember the Transhuman Arm remember that every Transhuman is also partly Human. Soldiers of the Combine that they are, the Transhumans are not so far removed from unadulterated Humans that they are beyond responsibility. They do not have appearances as such, but in their minds, they possess the same faculties of agency and free will as Humans do. Every soldier makes choices. Every person massacred is a choice made.

The Stalkers, ripped from their beds and hunted like rats, did not get choices like the Transhumans. Stalkers had their lives stolen from them, while Transhumans gave theirs away for the power to kill and maim. I do not think this makes them victims. I think this makes them perpetrators.

I hope that the unfortunate implication of your paper is merely a lapse of judgment on your part, and not a sign of your descent into Transhuman Apologism, a decidedly anti-human ideology.

Regards,
A Concerned Institute Alumnus

Reactions: List