Serious The Fate: Serious RP

Like this idea?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nebulae
V3z2ns9

V3z2ns9.jpg

The Fate is not based off any specific movie, game, or TV show, but rather a genre. The genre of survival. Specifically, zombie RP. (Also, the name wouldn't be final, just the first thing to come to mind).

The Factions:
The factions consist of two main factions, as well as two whitelist only factions.

The Survivors:The survivors are anyone fortunate enough to not be killed; yet. Before the incident, these people were normal, like you and I; businessman, retail workers, lawyers, homeless, criminals, police, or just about anything. Now, they are survivors. Many would do anything to survive, some, not so much.

The (insert country our map is ICly located in) Military:
Men and women who have been assigned to a base in a sector of their country. Many members are volunteers, joining for free food and protection. Others, wish to see this all end. Whatever their goal, they don't want to die, and will protect themselves at all costs.

White-list Only Factions:

The Militia:
A group of well armed militants trying to overthrow the military and control the sector and any inhabitants. They are willing to enslave, kill, and torture for no reason at all, and only wish to see themselves succeed. The military only has one problem: Sometimes, you cant tell them from the survivors.

The Fallen:
The undead. They live to feast and infect more indiscriminately. There are multiple types of The Fallen: Normal, Hoppers, Armored (Infected police and Military), Half-Infected (Have the ability to use weapons due to different viral exposure and usually a bit smarter).

A cure has been developed, but it can not cure those already fallen, but it can prevent infection if used soon enough. It is only able to survive in a human body for 30 minutes, so, it is only recommended to be used after direct infection.

The gamemode: Not 100% sure what I'd be, but something like clockwork.

Thoughts on this idea? (suggest cool maps, models, zombie mods, melee weapons, and weapons)

Last edited:

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
whats that

Let me tell you a story...

A couple of years ago, on a different community, a bunch of guys decided to create a new rp gamemode to be added ontop HL2RP and WW3RP, it was called "Frundtech RP". The setting was the United States of America after a failed experiment from the aforementioned pharmaceutical-arms-private military contractor-basically anything as the plot demanded corporation turned most of the population into zomb...I mean mutants; the entire region from Canada to Mexico was cut off from the rest of the world and Frundtech was put in charge of solving the situation. There were survivors, militias, bandits, gangs and even x-menish mutants with power that violated numerous laws of physics, biology and reality (If I remember correctly there was a guy with the power to move faster than the speed of light, and my mutant character with reversed empathic telepathy got denied an unused custom model >:c). At first it seemed to work, there was rp, there were memes and everybody was fine, but as time gone on problems started to arise: scripthunting, constant mugging and op mutants, not to mention constant changes to the lore to accomodate new content, made the mode more and more "tired" and broken. In the end the gamemode, that at that point was renamed "Quarantine Zone RP" and was basically Fallout RP, was finally removed by the staff.
Fast forward a year or so, when this community was open people from the old community wanted to give FrundtechRP another chance, setting right what was done wrong: a lot of efforts were made into this one, content was made, maps were adapted and the setting was reverted to its original state; needless to say, it died even faster than the first time and nobody tried to resurrect it ever again.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
Let me tell you a story...

A couple of years ago, on a different community, a bunch of guys decided to create a new rp gamemode to be added ontop HL2RP and WW3RP, it was called "Frundtech RP". The setting was the United States of America after a failed experiment from the aforementioned pharmaceutical-arms-private military contractor-basically anything as the plot demanded corporation turned most of the population into zomb...I mean mutants; the entire region from Canada to Mexico was cut off from the rest of the world and Frundtech was put in charge of solving the situation. There were survivors, militias, bandits, gangs and even x-menish mutants with power that violated numerous laws of physics, biology and reality (If I remember correctly there was a guy with the power to move faster than the speed of light, and my mutant character with reversed empathic telepathy got denied an unused custom model >:c). At first it seemed to work, there was rp, there were memes and everybody was fine, but as time gone on problems started to arise: scripthunting, constant mugging and op mutants, not to mention constant changes to the lore to accomodate new content, made the mode more and more "tired" and broken. In the end the gamemode, that at that point was renamed "Quarantine Zone RP" and was basically Fallout RP, was finally removed by the staff.
Fast forward a year or so, when this community was open people from the old community wanted to give FrundtechRP another chance, setting right what was done wrong: a lot of efforts were made into this one, content was made, maps were adapted and the setting was reverted to its original state; needless to say, it died even faster than the first time and nobody tried to resurrect it ever again.

Thank you for explaining.

I guess it's somewhat 'similar', without radiation and op ass mutants. The most op you'd get with a zombie would be one wielding a hammer and walking at a moderate speed or a zombie in a kevlar vest and helmet

Also, instead of fallout style maps, we'd have more overgrown style maps. Fallen cities, towns, farms, things like that.