Accepted the gang pk appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by nexus, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OskarDemus

OskarDemus Proton

Nebulae:
    and a player model juxtaposed against the wall
    Merged:
    look when it comes to the me shooting first, I apologies but even though i've been here since CW i had never got into a single S2K than, and in Helix this here is my second s2k fight ever also it didnt help the fact that you walked in pre-aimed at me. so i do apologies for firing first, without a s2k /me ready in copy and paste after we had hidden and were untouched for roughly 1 - 2 hours, i didn't expect you to bust in here, but hey maybe i would've had one preped if you guys /it blowing through four doors, i know this may seem a little bit snarky, but this is the way i type and i just thought i would put in why i saw it justified to shoot first.[​IMG]
    This is to lighten the mood dont take seriously

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  2. shia

shia the freakster

Nebulae:
    adding onto this cos it's been mentioned alot

it's been mentioned literally nowhere so far to my knowledge, i already had one card, and ive been in the base and genuinely have the passwords to the containers in there

sorry for assuming i would be allowed in

3. Chadwick

Chadwick Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    You guys know welding isn’t hard in the slightest? You can get some beefy welds done in 5 minutes
    Merged:
    Aight so since it’s relevant to the first part of the PK lemme fill you in on some cool welding facts.

• Stick welders, for a doorframe, would take roughly 20 minutes IRL due to constantly having to change the stick
    • MIG welders, while more expensive, allow for a stronger weld and a faster weld, and would take around 10 minutes to get a good, strong weld onto it.
    • Welds are pretty strong provided the two surfaces that are welded against are clean, like it is a legitimate tactic to weld a room shut.
    • When police come across this situation, they tend to cut into the room, using a plasma cutter around the edge of the welds. It’s safer and quieter then a C4 explosion.
    As for the /me’s done by either side - it was a frightening situation, you expect them to RP to the fullest when they could be shot any second? Kind of an unfair point to pin all the blame onto one side in this situation.

It’s a shitty situation, but I think the best thing for this is to just void it, shake hands, and carry on role playing.

• nebulous nebulous x 14
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. vinny the rat

vinny the rat Proton

Nebulae:
    I find this hard to believe judging from your defensive positions as seen in the video, the screenshot you guys uploaded to the screenshot thread as well as the previous statement made that you expected a sweep because you blew parts of the sewers up

When a cop doesn't /Mel shooting after watching an entire protection-team get blown up, he gets shit on for breaking rules and people refuse to let it slip, some even demand he gets banned. Yet, those same people aren't here holding rebels to the same standard despite the fact they broke rules.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. piece of shit

piece of shit Just call me Brandon
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Player's punishment can be different depending on the situation each one of them are in. In this case, the fair punishment for @OskarDemus breaching the S2K rules would be his character staying PKed.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
  6. nexus

nexus barbecue chips aint shit

Nebulae:
    i disagree given the circumstances of that video, from his individual perspective the cop just rushes in around the corner and points and gun at him with no regard for him to actually roleplay anything out, just an unfortunate situation
    you've seen both the video and the guys response, there's no need to go over this a fourth time.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  7. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Zasshu Impaler Extraordinaire
    Moderator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Even if this is too right, sadly, I don't think we should go past "it's a rulebreak". With that I mean that even if the kool reble squad fills up every appeal where a CP misses a /me to demonize them, you shouldn't do the absolute same.

A rule was broken, it was admitted. We'll see what we do about it, period.

Basically this.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  8. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    I'm just pitching in with my personal opinion as I've dealt with this sort of thing before before:

Sometimes people panic fire. It happens on both sides and both sides have done it. Likewise, things on both sides weren't properly prepared to let them respond (like the non-audible explosion) and the fact Shia assumed his keycard let him in the back. In my eyes there isn't much point in either side being punished so much as, as Powley said, a mutual "we both made mistakes, we can void this".

I mean as they said, they could have flagged off two hours before they did but wanted to stick to roleplay a bit.

#208 Rabid, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 9
  9. Chadwick

Chadwick Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Nobody is calling for anyone to be banned, I think your playing the situation up a little bit here. Cops made mistakes, and so did the rebels. The only outcries of wrongdoing are usually dealt with by the upper echelons of staff in dealing with rule-breakers.

Again, this situation shouldn't of went this far to begin with, but we're here to make sure there's a fair agreement.

• nebulous nebulous x 11
  10. OskarDemus

OskarDemus Proton

Nebulae:
    the screenshot you guys uploaded to the screenshot thread, oh my baby Jesus fucking Christ how long will it take you to realise its a JOKE.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  11. Brandon_

Brandon_ Now in a relationship with Sectus

Nebulae:
    I say this as the active opposition at the time during that, I don't think the /me to s2k was a big deal, conflict was almost an inevitable outcome. Back on clockwork I even messed up along the lines like that and posted the slow walk bind instead of an s2k to begin shooting somebody, it isn't like it was an assassination attempt and I don't think it should be considered a major rule break given that both sides know what was going to happen at the time.

I rather the other issues become the focus of the appeal for fairness, but to also address the /mec charges, those were only applied to the first two outer "doors", the vending machine included, even if they had not been /mec and instead used a normal /me range you would not have heard it, why we didn't use it for the other two was down to the matter of trivialization which is understandable since it would just be us typing the same /me over and over and over and over for the attempt of pretty much breaching a dark RP base with how many damn doors we had to go through.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  12. OskarDemus

OskarDemus Proton

Nebulae:
    yeah we dont have an issue of using /mec to plant charges, i think the main issue we have i cant speak for the others is that there was no /it of the charges going off, idk thats my issue with it not sure for the others though

13. nexus

nexus barbecue chips aint shit

Nebulae:
    I have an event happening today in 4 hours can this get a verdict please and thanks.

• nebulous nebulous x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. dallahan

dallahan a bad memer
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    not looking to be annoying

but getting a verdict on this shouldnt take that long

• nebulous nebulous x 6
  15. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
  16. Numbers

Numbers ok
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    it isn’t up to us id imagine since bq is involved

i want this sweep voided lol

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  17. Blackquill

Blackquill Grumpy Server Director
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    Yeah I agree

Both sides did dumb shit and really only one side got punishment in the form of a PK. I don't believe the situation should really stick given all that has been said and done

resolved and locked.

• nebulous nebulous x 20
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice