The Joy of Lua with Wren

Riido

Neutrino
Nebulae
Hello I'm Wren, I wanted to showcase things I make.

New Helix Landing Page:

New Helix Death Screen:
3D Map Viewer, for Overwatch:
Fallout HUD & Animated Crosshair:
Buying Clothes & Buying Properties:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Adding a little Flair:

If you would like to see me make anything specific just comment. Expect more weekly/semi-weekly maybe.

Riido

Neutrino
Nebulae
Decided to resurrect my old Tarkov-like inventory system just as a proof of concept.

Also, I know I said weekly/semi-weekly but I have a lot of stuff in the past to showcase, once I get through all that it will become much more rare. And I didn't show it in the video but you are able to move the backpacks/pouches from their slot and into your main inventory if you have enough space.

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Decided to resurrect my old Tarkov-like inventory system just as a proof of concept.

Also, I know I said weekly/semi-weekly but I have a lot of stuff in the past to showcase, once I get through all that it will become much more rare. And I didn't show it in the video but you are able to move the backpacks/pouches from their slot and into your main inventory if you have enough space.
C1H1MTD.png

POV you are npc_metropolice waiting for the day the schema author can showcase the new cop death sounds

Reactions: List

Riido

Neutrino
Nebulae
Another dump

Ray tracing the floor and displaying it
20210426124156_1.jpg

Metro 2033 Bastard Gun (i made swep entirely from the base prop ported from metro 2033 in blender)
image.gif

Clockwork esque weapon selection
image.png

UI Tests
unknown.png

unknown.png

Working Pip-Boy UI splayed over a 3D Mesh
unknown.png

Destiny esque main menu
EB3356B96826743051161487226D7563FE19C030.png

Fallout esque main menu
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

3D Helix tab menu
unknown.png

Not much to see here, WIP gamemode I was working on "Money Wars"
unknown.png

Riido

Neutrino
Nebulae
Really nice work, very super.

I was wondering if it's possible to incorperate most mechanics from this addon onto Helix
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1825542758
Sure it's possible, I'm not interested in that undertaking though.

Played Deathloop over the past week decided to remake some abilities from it.

Shift: Move from place to place in the blink of an eye.
The wireframe boxes were for debugging.

Nexus: Link enemies together. Hurt one, hurt them all.

All effects were made in Source Particle Editor...

Riido

Neutrino
Nebulae
Where did you learn to do all that Derma stuff? Trial and error? it's really good
If you want it done quick trial and error works, if you want it done well you will write things that are modular/easily re-implemented so you can reuse and expand upon any element that you find yourself using alot. The actual visual design of derma is easy enough, just throw things at your Draw calls and see what you like best, re-iterate until perfection or your next best thing.

Riido

Neutrino
Nebulae
It's been awhile let's see what I've been cooking up lately. (Hint: not a lot), been pretty busy with metal health and depression stuff and just recently getting to a better place with everything so I decided to break out the old IDE (vscode actually...) and make a couple things that I may find useful for my future projects and... Your projects!, after a very long debate with myself I've decided to publicly release these plugins that I'm making. Some of them are infact unfinished however I will be doing my best to finish them up and release them soon enough. I may be a little bit technical in this post but I'll try to break most things down in layman's terms.

Rappelling (Released Free, Click Here)
We'll start with something not visually impressive but only took about an hour to get the finished result:

So you're probably asking why is this something I decided to display here?, doesn't seem like anything special right? Well you'd be partially correct the plugin itself is not a complex or large plugin however sometimes simplicity is special. The rappel gear can add a layer of versatility to movement and getting around. The sounds are located in HL2, Episode 1 so that is required to be mounted clientside atleast for the sounds.

The movement should be entirely predicted (the same math is run on client and server) so I wouldn't expect any lag or unsynced movements server-client wise.

Holding ALT while dropping off a ledge will start the rappelling and holding ALT while descending will slow you down.

I believe Nebulous also has rappelling and that isn't exactly where I took inspiration from, I mainly just thought of HL2 Rappelling CP's.

Registry (Unfinished $10, 65%)
Now the registry is interesting, and unfinished. It's probably reminiscent of the Nebulous Datafile however I actually didn't realize that until about halfway done with the UI.

So what's left?
Registry Searching/Dynamic Loading, currently EVERY datafile gets loaded and replicated to clients on join. This is not good. It could end up being 100's of megabytes and networking that takes A LOT of time and resources. I plan on making it load/network datafiles as you search for them or access them directly via /registry command. Also need to finish the sorting/filtering system for search results, easy.

Finish permissions system. Different factions, different classes, different civil statues will have different permissions when it comes to what you can and cannot do inside the datafile. (Toggle BOL, Set Designations, Civil Statuses, Make Entries, Delete Entries, etc...)

Start and finish Data entries themselves. Currently the biggest missing feature is the missing Data entries on each datafile, currently nothing has been started on this front and will take the longest to finish although not too long because I've got a lot of backend systems already working.

Speaking of backend systems let's talk about my "replicated objects" plugin which will release free alongside the registry plugin. It does a couple important things for the registry plugin firstly it creates a new class that is able to be subclassed (think inheritance in most programming languages) but that's not all it gives me easily created SQL tables with helper functions to set persistent values (variables that save between restarts) and the functions also replicate to clients on change. (replication meaning they will be sent from the server realm to client realm whenever needed).

And that's not the only important backend in place I also have a dynamic pagination UI system with auto updating between multiple panels and pages.

I love my old comments, very useful. "?? figure it out"
MbIiFZE.png

Scanners (Unfinished $5, 75%)
This is the greatest scanner of all time.

You're probably thinking, wait a second Helix already has a HL2RP scanner and that is FREE, why on earth would I want this?, I'll tell you why this is actually something special.

Firstly this plugin is extremely simple to use, there are no factions, no classes, no complexity. Set the players model and they're a scanner. They will respawn as scanner, they will fly as scanner. They are scanner.

Secondly this plugin does away with hacky solutions to scanners I.E. controlling a fake NPC Scanner, or controlling a flying Prop around. The scanner you see flying around is an actual player, they are not invisible they are THE scanner model- also means no teleporting the player around a fake scanner entity. Also good for performance reasons, not having extra entities is always a good thing.

So it sounds great right?, what's not finished though? I'll tell you.
Currently taking pictures with the city scanner and the claw scanner hopper mines functionality is not done just yet, however spotlights and flying are 100% done. I'm thinking of making more gameplay mechanics for pictures and mines however to justify the price already more than I have.

"Consulcast" (Released Free, Click Here)
Currently only supporting rp_industrial17_v1 however it can be expanded upon sort of easily.

Simple plugin doesn't need much explanation simply plays audio out of speakers and puts in matching text into the chatbox.

Last edited: