The Last of Us TV Show

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
so far this is the best show I've seen in a good long while

my only worry is for season 2 since the source material for it is god awful
Maybe they can salvage it if they take creative liberties and yk, make it actually more than just a cringe revenge story where the protagonist murders an entire double deckers bus worth of people but then goes "wait... this isn't what i wanted" at the last possible second

Maybe they can make Joel's death actually more than the shitty meme it became

Maybe they can make Abbey an actual character they doesn't need to rely on cheap shit for sympathy (LOOK SHE PET A DOG!!!!)

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Maybe they can salvage it if they take creative liberties and yk, make it actually more than just a cringe revenge story where the protagonist murders an entire double deckers bus worth of people but then goes "wait... this isn't what i wanted" at the last possible second

Maybe they can make Joel's death actually more than the shitty meme it became

Maybe they can make Abbey an actual character they doesn't need to rely on cheap shit for sympathy (LOOK SHE PET A DOG!!!!)
i think making Abby apprehensive about killing Joel (ESPECIALLY AFTER HE LITERALLY JUST SAVED HER LIFE) would make it far more palatable

have her purposefully let go of his hand so he falls to his death or something

make her do it out of instinct and then regret it

make me feel conflicted about abby instead of just absolutely hating her from the getgo

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
i think making Abby apprehensive about killing Joel (ESPECIALLY AFTER HE LITERALLY JUST SAVED HER LIFE) would make it far more palatable

have her purposefully let go of his hand so he falls to his death or something

make her do it out of instinct and then regret it

make me feel conflicted about abby instead of just absolutely hating her from the getgo
I imagine they'll make the inciting situation that led to all that happening something that actually matters

Like how fucking stupid was it that the main plot of TLOU2 was essentially kickstarted because of a fucking shitty nameless NPC you killed in the first game. How does that make any sense lmao

If you want people to give a shit about a character dying, make them an actual character

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Nah if they made Clickers that true-to-source terrifying I'm hyped for the Bloaters.

And Stalkers, most of all.

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
show has been a solid 9.5 so far imo, the insane negative review bomb on ep 3 is hilarious for obvious reasons. hope it just keeps going how it is right now, could easily end up being the best video game -> tv show adaptation we've seen yet.

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
The show has been really good for a game -> tv show adaptation, but I don't really like how Tess' death felt changed for the sake of being changed, hope they don't make that into a trend. Episode 3 is very good and definitely not deserving of the review bombing, but also I feel like it is being overrated simultaneously with people calling it a masterpiece which I don't think it is, it definitely has its flaws but really this critiscism applies to all the episodes so far imo.
The show is like an 8/10 for me so far, it's definitely the best game to tv adaptation (that I've seen), but I do feel like just because the show isnt utter dogshit that people are hyping it up to be better than it really is.

Last edited:

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The show has been really good for a game -> tv show adaptation, but I don't really like how
Tess' death
felt changed for the sake of being changed, hope they don't make that into a trend. Episode 3 is very good and definitely not deserving of the review bombing, but also I feel like it is being overrated simultaneously with people calling it a masterpiece which I don't think it is, it definitely has its flaws but really this critiscism applies to all the episodes so far imo.
The show is like an 8/10 for me so far, it's definitely the best game to tv adaptation (that I've seen), but I do feel like just because the show isnt utter dogshit that people are hyping it up to be better than it really is.
The show would’ve been slowed down drastically, and wouldn’t have been translated as well to TV if they kept everything

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I imagine they'll make the inciting situation that led to all that happening something that actually matters

Like how fucking stupid was it that the main plot of TLOU2 was essentially kickstarted because of a fucking shitty nameless NPC you killed in the first game. How does that make any sense lmao

If you want people to give a shit about a character dying, make them an actual character
Considering how much they changed Bill and Frank it wouldn’t surprise me

(And I say that in a good way, incredible. The only reason I think people are annoyed is that they hate gay people LOL I know obviously we missed out on all of Ellie and bill’s moments in the game but it made up for it imo)

when they played on the nature of daylight I couldn’t help but smirk because this fucking stupid server has ruined it for me but then I immediately lost said smirk and cried

They just HAD to make the show sadder than the game fuck them god damn bruh

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
show has been a solid 9.5 so far imo, the insane negative review bomb on ep 3 is hilarious for obvious reasons. hope it just keeps going how it is right now, could easily end up being the best video game -> tv show adaptation we've seen yet.
2023 and raging homophobes still exist

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
maybe the most mid episode this season, but every show needs 1 episode dedicated to pre-empting the future episode's tension

still good overall

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
Liked the episode, it was mainly just building tension for the next tho.
I am curious though how they're going to change Henry and Sam, cause in the game, Bill and Frank served the purpose of showing Joel what would happen if he kept pushing people away, whilst Henry and Sam were meant to show what he could be if he let people in.

Seeing as Episode 3 completely changed what the story of Bill and Frank were meant to teach Joel, instead turning it into what Henry and Sam were meant to teach to him. I am curious how (or if) they'll be changed to show Joel what happens if he keeps pushing people away.