The /roll command can be predicted, but it's tricky and very unlikely

karl-police

Nucleus
Nebulae
The /roll command most likely uses math.random() however, math.random generates a number based on a seed.

That seed apparently is in Nanoseconds by default. Meaning that every nano second there's a different RNG value. But every math.random in a programming language may work differently so...

If you however go into the future and pre-calculate what the RNG values could be.

You could technically roll 100 everytime, if you time it precisely enough.

Nanoseconds are a really small unit and goes on fast. If the client sends a request to the server, nanoseconds already passed, so chances to even be so precise can be low, but who knows?

It also depends if the seed is changed or not.

Eitherways, that's why it's called Pseudo-RNG. Because it's not true RNG.

In Pokemon there's some sketchy manipulation you can do with RNG. Probably related to this topic, but not exactly.

Last edited:

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
I'd love to learn this shit just to make people unbelievably angry with 100 rolls but I would 100% get banned for cheating even after explaining the method and absolutely do not have the will to learn how this random helix code shit works for the opportunity of an extremely unlikely to be uncovered and definitely absurdly precise if discovered method of making my character a close combat ace

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
funniest part is that this has been done before

roll20 uses seeded rolling systems and there's external programmes you can use that run the /roll command the instant it'd give them a natural 20

Gyarik

gu
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I LOVE SEEDED 'RNG'

I LOVE WHEN COMPUTERS CANNOT FULLY FATHOM THE CONCEPT OF RANDOMNESS